Wanting to be hated

Jaina’s hypocrisy (lovin’ more of that Alliance self-righteousness and moral superiority!) and Anduin’s stupidity aside, IIRC this conversation takes place after the Alliance has already fled the city anyway.

Because again, they knew going in that they didn’t have the strength or numbers to hold it.

Yeah, please check your disbelief at the door here.

So much of BfA was literally, “this happened because we told you so,” rather than the players actually being shown it, and this is a great example. We’re supposed to believe after one battle—which the Alliance literally had to flee from, and which resulted in one of their leaders getting pounded into a coma and another injured—along with a single Warfront (Darkshore doesn’t count to the “core Alliance,” it was purely Kaldorei vs. Forsaken), which by nature of the gameplay, can go either way, that the Alliance is somehow “on the cusp of victory”?

…like, WHAT?

8 Likes

Show don’t tell is a serious problem with Blizzard Writers yes.

If you ask Horde posters Jaina walked away from that fight perfectly unscathed. But Nathanos totally got his backend whooped. Cause uhhh… Alliance bias… In an expansion where the Horde gets to delete a playable Alliance race.

I’m not saying it’s logical. I’m just saying it’s the stated canon.

I’d point out that in the short story Elgy, it’s described that the kaldorei survivors overwhelm stormwinds ability to hold them and they send a bunch to places like goldshire…but you know, that would go against NEFPA logic

6 Likes

NEFPA Boogeyman. All fear the NEFPA.

Let me know when they present this in game so that it becomes known canon amongst the majority of the playerbase.

I’ll wait.

3 Likes

It’s in the cannon short story Elgy, deal with it.

6 Likes

A short story that next to no one outside these forums has read making it effectively worthless. Deal with it.

1 Like

Still cannon.

9 Likes

Tfw no true Scotsman but with canon

7 Likes

Framing and Aesthetics supersede text. Always always always.

How did I know that was going to be bought up eventually Hugs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Still cannon

4 Likes

Would a cannon that causes paralysis or petrification be considered a…

…still cannon?

:drum:

9 Likes

I see what you did there and I give you 5 rare pupper points for that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

232 minute read time for this entire thread…

Question for OP, how does it actually feel to have had such an engaging thread?

1 Like

Oh look! We made 1k posts just as I predicted~

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

Technically, that can still be reconned. I mean, all we have so far about it is one guy’s word and nothing about it in the game

Well, ok. Going off that, let’s see… this :point_down:

… is not what happened.

Night Elves are still in the story, a big part of it actually. AND, just checked, you can still create Night Elf characters. And they got a lot of new customization options with SL.

So, yeah. The Horde deleted a playable race? Nah.

:pancakes:

6 Likes

hmm i wonder who elluriah is…

1 Like

I wonder if a NEFPA uses their victim card 10 times do they get a free moonberry juice?

:pancakes:

1 Like