Wand attack speed periodically slows down when taking melee damage

What I find more annoying is how hard it is to cancel shooting.

I can sometimes move 2 meters while shooting and the wand doesn’t even get cancelled and I still shoot when I stop moving.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s supposed to function entirely different than your actual spells/abilites, without pushback. It did not do this in Vanilla.

Jump will cancel.

Not all the time it won’t. And you used to be able to move for a fraction of a second to cancel it. Not have to wait for a whole jump to finish and then hope it actually stopped shooting.

You can really tell there aren’t wands in the current client anymore so they had to hack some other system to make it sort of work like they used to. They failed.

You’re right, it’s not 100% but just 99%.

And you are dealing with GCD and batching, which for some reason is working a bit differently in the Legion backport than it did in the original Engine.

Wish they could fix it.

But for now, jumping cancels the wand pretty reliably on all my casters; in fact, jumping is good all-round on a mage…can keep you out of trouble :smiley:

1 Like

Jumping does cancel it but not always immediately. As a Warlock trying to farm soul shards, I quite often miss getting the shard because despite the wand turning off it shoots again and spins another GCD. Time from jumping to being able to do anything else is often 2-4 seconds.

indeed, I wish they would fix this mess, so much wrong with this modern game engine trying to emulate something it cannot.

Just get it over with and get rid of the artificial batching; it’s not working at all.

1 Like

Still bugged. 3 years really?