Wand attack speed periodically slows down when taking melee damage

When attacking a mob with a wand and when taking melee damage, wand attack speed appears to slow down every few seconds or so in combat when your character takes melee damage consistently.

If you have a shield up, this doesn’t affect you until after the shield is gone.

24 Likes

Can confirm same thing is happening here, unsure if it’s purely aesthetic or if there is an actual delay.

10 Likes

This ----^

Any cast timers suffer from this.

Working as intended

According to who? People at reddit are saying it shouldn’t suffer pushback.

18 Likes

Most of his posts are trolls so no.

18 Likes

My posts are facts

Looked at his post history, you weren’t kidding.

Blue, can we get some type of confirmation… is this working as intended or is this a bug?

5 Likes

+1

Need blue confirmation. I’m not sure if this is apart of the already known bug of the “casting animation” when wanding after casting.

16 Likes

Bump.

10cha

14 Likes

Get a swing timer. Wands have pushback.

It would be nice to hear a blue on this, I personally don’t remember there being pushback on wands in vanilla.

3 Likes

+1

10charac

14 Likes

Bump. I confirm it happens to me. I thought it was normal tho but I never played vanilla.

1 Like

Bump. Still experiencing this bug as of Sept 17. I’ve confirmed wands are in fact NOT a spell. There is no cast bar.

1 Like

Not a bug. Working as intended. Wands are a cast and have pushback which is why you need to do /cast Shoot. Guess you should have rolled a priest. Shoot is a spell that shoots the wand. No cast bar because you can’t cancel the current cast (only on next cast) providing you can before GCD trigger. Cast time is based off of wand fire time and GCD.

Saying no cast bar = not a spell is like saying you can’t see the sun so it must not exist. Not existing /= the reality.

It was the case in Vanilla and is true for 1.12 version of the game. This ‘feature’ was not changed until Wrath.

Have one. Doesn’t trigger the swing timer or cast bar.

2 Likes

…read the post before yours. It’s not supposed to, but does suffer from push back. Working as how I remember it because I would avoid wanding while being whacked on by hunter pets.

Read my post again. Not saying it should or shouldn’t suffer from pushback.

Don’t know why you’re arguing against things I never said or your quoted the wrong post.

I’m responding to the guy that said to get a swing timer as if that’s supposed to clear anything up. Wands don’t show on a swing timer.

Waiting for an answer from a blue.

In my experience it has to do with the angle you are facing the mob. Idk if could be the way the camera is facing in relation to the character