Walk-Up Rp Openers

I can see that for sure. Everyone has their own unique thing that they gravitate towards and if something is interesting, we want to learn about it.

I remember I used to do these with one of my older characters and it’s definitely a way to start things going. For me I didn’t find it as something that I enjoyed much when I did this approach, but as long as you enjoy, keep on doing it!

Oh no! OH NO! One day you’ll get it! I believe in you!

My mighty brain power is telling me you rp as a death knight! Suffer well, friend!

This is indeed something that has been rather tricky as of late. Getting into a group of people is not easy at all, though my suggestion is just be you. You’ll find the people that get along with you and you’ll figure the rules on the way. It’s a journey in a sense and that journey, once you’re on it, will definitely have some amazing moments! Heikar also nailed it as well.

I still remember some of those walk-ups! I used to get permit requests all the time since well…a cushion shop on the side of the path was totally a normal business practice. I swear it is!

2 Likes

Haha! It’s probably about time I get around to creating a death Knight. But I think you have to have a level 70 first? I don’t remember how it works. I’ll look it up.

If I saw Debbie I would bow down and tell them Stormwind is safe because of them. Honestly, Debbie is a bit of a legend as far as killing Horde players in Stormwind in my eyes. If I could be half as great as you, Debbie, I would have waaaaaay more than a few Horde kills in world pvp lol

Keep it up!

Otherwise, I get best results when I talk to someone about something their at a glance told me, such as being a professor of something my character might have a vague interest in or similar.

It was 55, but I think they removed the level restrictions some time back.

1 Like

I know with Dresindra I will occasionally have her doing something introverted but interesting like fiddling with a device or book and if that catches anyone’s notice she will give them a polite “Salutations”

When the char is an introvert sometimes you have to go fishing to bring the people in. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This. It’s not enough to just sit quietly in a corner and expect folks to come to you, which is why I think a lot of folks get discouraged with not finding RP, particulary if they’re playing a broody or shy sort of character. Honestly, just wandering around RPing with yourself can be the best way to attract a walk up or two, rather than simply sitting there. Emote with yourself, just mumbling about this or that, examining and writing stuff down as you move about the room, or walking and interacting with a pet, etc etc etc. Give folks some reasons to come and talk to you or to be curious. Just like in real life, if you see someone sitting quietly, you’re going to assume they want to be left alone. If they’re up and interactive, you’re more apt to be interactive right back.

1 Like

You could sneak up and attempt to pick a pocket if you are a rogue. If you are a mage, you can notice an arcane aura around a fellow mage. If you are a warrior, you can ask for tips on using that sword/ax/dagger, etc.

I’ve actually had amazing success with clicking on someone and then simply typing /smile. It’s a great opener. A lot of people actually stop and look at me (haha, maybe they think it’s weird that someone is smiling, like who the heck is this?lol… but it’s just a way to show a general friendly vibe, I think).

I actually somewhat smiled from this as I think it’s quite brilliant. Playing an introverted character is not easy at all and I respect that you’ve found a way to do it successfully!

I remember when I rped a lot on my rogue, I became very familiar with the first suggestion that you mentioned. Fun times for sure.

insert smile here to the point where it becomes uncomfortable and ohmanhelpme