Waiting until AFTER classic for new recruit a friend program?

Why would you be able to anyway there was no Recruit A Friend during Vanilla?

No it doesn’t. I have games sitting in my steam library that I paid money for and never played. Name reservation is just people saying “if I decide to play classic, I want my character name” and nothing more.

Look I agree that the launch was horrible, they seriously under estimated the interest and then brought up new servers once they were sure the demand wasn’t going to plummet.

Wrong. They added servers literally the day of launch. They messed up and they knew it right away. They were adding servers throughout almost the first week. It was pathetic. They KNEW it was going to be huge. Every big streamer had been saying since the private server debacle that they’d stream vanilla non-stop and all their followers were on their backs.

They messed up huge and instead of trying to repair it, they’re squeezing more money out of the player base, period.

My apologies I didn’t realize they had changed I did skim over them, you are right, and the new program wreaks of desperation for new subs
Bad form Blizzard, bad form.

Honestly, when I first saw RAF coming back, I didn’t understand why people were mad.

Then I read a Kotaku Article mentioning the timing (I hadnt read any forum threads about it), and realized why people were mad.

Yea, that was honestly a really messed up move on Blizzard’s part.

They should allow anyone that joined in the past month as a new subscriber, or anyone who returned that hadn’t had an active sub in the past 2 years choose one active subscriber as their RAF buddy tbh. That’s the only way I can see them making this right.

3 Likes

I 100% agree. I was furious when I heard this because I had just convinced my friend to play classic a week ago.

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Normally I’m fine with whatever Blizzard does, but I find this highly suspect. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A bit off-topic but…

Legit jumped at the sight of your profile pic.

Damn, son. Vanilla undead are scary :no_mouth:

1 Like

There’s also no xmog, and that is how you’d display the backpack.

That said, I’m actually thinking someone at Blizzard messed up royally, because they’re not going to see as much money or participation in RAF as they could have if they timed its release to the launch of Classic. I see this less as Blizzard trying to screw people over and more of a screw up from the marketing department.

1 Like

Yeah, I could agree with this.

They should make accounts created within the last 2 months eligable for recruit a friend, haha.

I wouldn’t have a problem with this but it isn’t my call.

1 Like

I highly doubt this was an accident. They know as well as most of us here that anyone who wants this stuff will get a new account to obtain it. It wasn’t an accident, it was a great idea.

People are going to scream and cry but they’ll still buy that new account and time.

Yeah, no doubts the people who have been wanting a backpack forever are going to. Sucks that it’s primarily impacting long time players

Yeah but is exclusive content really a bad thing?

Not at all, mage tower? CM skins? Amazing. Forcing people to pay $400 bucks for a backpack? Not cool.

$400? Where did you get that from?

That’s assuming it’ll be the only backpack cosmetic we ever see. And I doubt it will be.

How is it bad? Most RAF programs work the same way. It’s marketing.

“a form of investment (illegal in the US and elsewhere) in which each paying participant recruits two further participants, with returns being given to early participants using money contributed by later ones”

This isn’t a pyramid scheme. It’s a loyalty program.

Having to pay an obscene amount of money AND more than likely have to wait a year to get it is completely fine!

Are you kidding me? You’re the kind of person that makes companies like EA thrive.

It literally is a pyramid scheme, dude. It’s blocked in multiple countries for being considered a pyramid scheme.

Recruiters get free game time, that alone makes it a pyramid scheme.

Also, you clearly have never heard of companies like cutco and what not. They’re pyramid schemes, too.

You don’t have to pay an obscene amount of money…

And why do you have to wait? Four friends purchase three months and you get your shinies.

Nice way to just immediately insult.

No it isn’t. I quoted you what a pyramid scheme is. And this isn’t one. It’s a loyalty program.

No it doesn’t. Old Republic’s does the same thing. It’s not illegal to have a loyalty program.