Waiting until AFTER classic for new recruit a friend program?

First off, people have been asking for a backpack aesthetic since almost the game came out. To introduce one but the only way to attain it is locking it behind 10 months of subscription is INSANE and I personally don’t even care about the backpack.

I got 3 friends to come back / start playing classic and making new accounts but ActiBli$$ard decides to unveil the recruit a friend program AFTER classic launch.

I understand It’s in their best interest to screw people over like that after people have come back from ages and say “Well you need to bring back even MORE people for us”

But with how much more effort you have to put into the new recruit a friend program to get the rewards. I mean “Give us or have someone else give us almost $400 and we’ll give you a backpack aesthetic” is pretty bad.
You know you’re being screwed over when this pyramid scheme recruit a friend program is banned from multiple countries for being a pyramid scheme.

Bli$$ard in this year alone has lost so much of who they used to be (not just in the firing of thousands of employees…but)

6 Likes

Does RAF count classic? I wouldn’t have thought so but I haven’t seen anything saying other wise.

One sub covers both games, all they care about is there being a sub, so yeah. You could do the same before, but most people would get the latest expansion as well. As long as they got 2 months sub time, you’d get a recruit a friend token.

1 Like

" **In-game rewards are available to use in World of Warcraft, but not in World of Warcraft® Classic. Free game time earned through Recruit A Friend provides access to both World of Warcraft and WoW Classic.*"

So it does and it doesn’t. You can earn credit towards the rewards but you can not apply them to a classic character.

1 Like

I mean it is smart business.

They know they needed no incentive for classic to be big at launch.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, of course. All the rewards you get from the recruit a friend program are going TOWARDS retail WoW. But you can get them from someone subbing and ONLY playing classic. All they care about is the sub time.

Yeah that makes sense I was just wondering about the rewards part of it. Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my original question.

1 Like

Yet they couldn’t even prepare for the launch properly and screwed everyone over by only have 5 available servers to play from. Then AFTER launching, opening over 25 NEW servers, splintering everyone’s friends and guilds.

Then after they “fixed it” open up paid server transfers after people already invested time into it. REALLY skeezy.

Crummy to put it mildly. I would say rather exceptionally greasy and calculating.

1 Like

I mean I I get the impression nobody is gonna sway you in your opinion so I will just leave this here.

6 Likes

Why would free server transfers splinter anyone? I mean everyone could have made the move. My guild discussed it but decided to stick it out on our current server instead. I agree having paid transfers this early on is probably a bad idea.

Definitely not. If they wanted to fix it, they would have allowed free server transfers to a server of your choice at the bare minimum.

I understand they have to worry about server health and stuff, but the launch was a complete joke. 25 servers AFTER you let people subscribe a month prior to “reserve names” and “pick realms” and stuff?

They knew from name reservations alone that there wasn’t going to be enough servers and still waited until AFTER launch to open over 25…it’s disgusting.

A month prior Blizzard allowed people to subscribe to reserve names, pick servers, etc. even a week later and 25+ new servers AFTER launch there were still ques of 10k+ people so people got splintered into new servers just to be able to play.

Now Blizzard is offering free server x-fers but ONLY from one specific realm to another specific realm, people have no choice. So if your friend group got splintered, there’s still no way to play with them unless you want to get a paid server transfer. It’s just a bunch of small crummy things they’ve done that look real bad.

1 Like

Looks like more than a single realm, that list has about a dozen US realms listed. Maybe they are doing them in stages? And if your server was one of them and you transferred and your friend didn’t, that’s not Blizzard’s fault. I agree the launch went badly but honestly, everyone knew it was going to be rough. They even told us that if any where near the numbers of people who reserved a name tried to play that there would be issues. Which is why I sat out the first 3 days to avoid it.

When I checked it was from my server to a single other server and you’re completely negating the fact that people got splintered before the transfers were even available purely because nobody could even log in and everyone just wanted to play which is 100% Blizzards fault. They knew there weren’t enough servers from the paid name reservations they greedily took on, yet waited until after launch to open over 25 new realms, It’s a complete joke.

Exactly, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to think “We can 100% count on whoever reserved a name, wanting to play and that’s not enough. There’s going to be possibly 2x’s or 3x’s that amount not willing to sub a month in advance and just play as soon as the game comes out”

It was sheer stupidity.

Well they could have chosen not to bring Raf back at all.

1 Like

Which would have been preferred, honestly. I’d rather get rewards from doing in-game activities, not dangling “Ya gotta give us over $300 before you get all these cool rewards…or have someone else do it”

I mean the new recruit a friend is essentially easing people into the idea of cash shop aesthetics. Which is fine if we weren’t paying $15/mo for a sub as well. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not really you do get free game time with it and your friend does too and they get a level boost with it. I don’t get where the three hundred dollars comes into play for Raf I have Rafd myself when the game goes on sale and it didn’t even cost me 30.

1 Like

If you want all the rewards, there has to be over 12 months of sub time. Look at how the new system works. :roll_eyes:

People have been asking for backpacks in game since its inception and 15 years later they’re going to add them…IF you pay them for 10 months of subscription.

I mean, It’s literally banned in some countries because It’s classified as a pyramid scheme.

Name reservation does not equate to the number of active players you will have on day one. Like I said, I waited several days (to avoid the crush in starter zones) and I have friends who are on retail that reserved their names and still haven’t played.

Hell, I reserved my name on several different servers just in case :slight_smile:

Uh, people putting forth the effort to reserve a character name tells you they’re at LEAST interested enough to reserve their name to try it, dude.

That’s fine, but ASSUMING only half the people who reserved names are going to play is insanely dumb. You can’t convince me or probably anyone else that it’s a smart idea and making an assumption that stupid was proven to be wrong a million fold. They had to open almost 3x’s the amount of servers they had “thought” would be enough.

They knew it was going to be big. They even said they were surprised people were putting in so much effort and leveling to max in the beta. Point is, it was totally avoidable, they messed up and instead of trying to make it right, continue to try and squeeze money out of customers. It’s insane.

I mean, they even had the audacity to release a new pyramid scheme recruit a friend where they offer a backpack that people have been asking for since the games been out…locked behind forcing people to get someone to pay for 10 months of game time.

It’s disgusting.