Wait, why are we even making a World Tree in the first place?

fully agree and further offer that druids have been a problem themselves- how many times since vanilla have we had to rescue a druid who thought they knew better and got themselves in over their heads and now their miscalculation is threatening all of reality through the Dream?

You might as well say that about the Aspects but Azeroth gave them her blessing. On that note, I think Azeroth herself seems ok with the tree consideting she gave her blessing to the dragons who were defending it.

I’d 1000% say it about the Aspects.
Before Dragonflight, their track record for helping Azeroth tweren’t so great.
They’ve nearly destroyed the world almost as often as they’ve saved it.

And Azeroth’s opinion doesn’t move me too much.
Azeroth is still a baby.
No world experience (heh)
Get back to me when Azeroth is old enough to vote, then I’ll re-assess Azeroth’s decision to re-enact the Aspects Initiative.

1 Like

Nordrassil wasn’t a liability, the Burning Legion was going after the second Well of Eternity that Nordrassil was keeping sealed. Without Nordrassil it would’ve been even more vulnerable to everyone.

Every other tree was done by Fandral in a reckless manner. Outside maybe Shaladrassil which has unclear origins.

4 Likes

We need a world tree dawg. Not a choice.

The whole Amirdrassil story is Blizzard trying to make it up to the night elves after BfA, though it honestly feels like they’re making up for the wrong thing. Losing Teldrassil was a bummer and all, but they could have built a new home anywhere in Northern Kalimdor. Hyjal, Ashenvale, Darkshore, etc. any of these places would have been a fine place to build their new homes.

The real thing people were upset about was the, you know, massive loss of life that happened(a genocide in their own words) and this doesn’t really fix that. I had thought for sure that this tree was going to somehow bring all the dead elves back to life so Blizzard could fully memory hole the Burning of Teldrassil, but it seems like they’re all staying dead. Guess Blizzard is just going to say “look, they have a shiny new home now, don’t worry about the rest of that stuff” and move on.

As for why the Horde is involved in any of this, well that’s because some of them feel bad about the whole genocide thing and want to help out a bit and also this is the big final patch of the expansion, so it we be a bit weird to not let half the playerbase be involved.

2 Likes

Fyrakk wanted to corrupt the tree, not destroy it. If it was corrupted and sent to Azeroth proper, the corruption would’ve spread. Think the burning lands raid in Cata. Fyrakk had other plans, this is just the one we’re stopping now.

As for heroes of Azeroth teaming up, that’s what this whole expansion has been about. A return to between war times when there’s actual comraderie between factions rather than the polarizing white and black of BfA

Because Sylvanas was a mean poo poo head and burnt down the Night Elves old tree. So we need to give them another one, because reasons.

1 Like

How? Was this explained?

I would settle for a reason why the Night Elves should care. It’s like a gift basket filled with plastic fruit. Where is the benefit and “renewal.”

2 Likes

It’s an alternative to spending eternity hanging about in Ardenweald, a realm that was never meant as an afterlife realm for mortals. It gives back tothe Night Elf people something that was taken from it.

Ardenweald seemed to suit them better than anywhere else we had seen. Are the souls even aware or truly existing anymore?

1 Like

They seem to exist to Tyrande… Take that as you will.

I like the idea of world trees and nature stuff. My main has been a Druid for a few expacs. I just wish the Horde has more involvement/reason to be around. As usual. It feels like another “tag along with the Alliance” patch.

Maybe if the Forsaken Kaldorei had more lore, expressing why they are there, building up some relationship with Lilian and Calia. Or expand on Zandalari or Tauren Druidism. Instead the Horde is just there helping the kaldorei and Tyrande.

At least it is prettier than Argus.

I was watching on YouTube some epilogue scenes, and it looks like Ferynn is floating around Delaryn. That couple from the BfA short stories. We saw his ghost in Ardenweald, and he seems to be a wisp now. What ever that is worth.

I thought maybe the individual Night Elf souls/wisps would return as Trees and animals in a revitalized Hyjal. Making the Night Elves have an even greater connection to the woods and animals - that tree the Orcs are cutting might have been a soul from Teldrassil! So, it would make even more sense for them to protect their forests.

But all that aside, we have what we have. I mean, at least there are more than just 2 Horde Characters standing around, like In Argus when we basically had Liadrin and Aethas standing around on a ship.

1 Like

Cataclysm was almost entirely a Thrall story.

tbf he wasn’t exactly doing anything for the Horde at that time.

I feel like that would be a more valid argument for MoP and BfA where the Alliance had to help the Horde overthrow their leadership and then leave without getting anything out of it.

Ehh, no not really? Like I know it’s common to meme Thrall into being the main character of Cata, but no he really is not. He’s hardly in 4.0 questing and he’s in the revamped low level questing even less. 4.1 wasn’t about him at all, and 4.2 had a few campaign quests about him and Aggra but he wasn’t very involved with the actual patch content. It wasn’t until 4.3 that one could realistically argue he became the “main character”.

1 Like

Truth.

Malfurion’s got more presence in Cata than Thrall, but people just don’t want to accept it.