Wait, wait, wait. Lightforged Draenei can be what now?

Would love that honestly. Especially with the amount of eredar and fel orcs running around.

2 Likes

15,000ish years of cat-and-mouse with The Legion would mean the Lightforged probably had a few sneakier individuals by necessity. I’m pretty sure The Pious Assassin is a popular character trope.

The real question is why can’t Lightforged be monks?

1 Like

There are worgen monks in the game.

Worgen that finds inner peace to become a monk does not leave human form.

you have whole army of eredar that lost their Legion, they should just join their draenei bretheren and ask for forgivness (while still practicing demonology)

It is stupid because Draenei can be Monks. They retconned a Monk trainer into their starter zone that’s timelocked to the beginning of TBC.

Arthas didn’t raise pandas, Bolvar did.

True full Eredar stooping to join a faction is silly. There’s enough of them, and they’re certainly ambitious enough to attempt to reform. Wrangle in the lesser demons, dust themselves off and try again.

The Legion isn’t done.

The one and only good shot we had at playable “Man’ari” eredar were the Sargeri in WoD. In fear of the pending annihilation of their species they turned to The Fel. They made some sacrifices. Built a…um… Temple of Tyranny. You know, as you do.

But then they were crushed. They were in The Legion proper for only a red hot minuet! They’re really not all that dissimilar from the orcs. Totally redeemable and a much more interesting potential allied race than say The Mag’har.

Wow, I just had to reply to this ‘mind bending’ blasting label over my A.I. head over space temporal displaced rainbow! Just wow. My post is just kidding. I just loved your ’
sorry for the garbaldy goo stuff

[quote=“Menhyt-stormrage, post:1, topic:1496933”]
holier-than-thou, dipped-in-drip, Light-bothering, Craftian-looking, C’thulu-children space goats the class synonymous with actual scum and villainy…
[/quote] how funny… just saying. Don’t hate me.

It’s because they don’t have tails.

Tragedy makes great comedy and we all love a good tragic comedy

Have you tried to get Worgen fur out of a robe? Good luck man. Your better off burning the robe and buying a new one.

I thought some dev gave the reason Worgen can’t be monks is because they have all that uncontrollable primal rage and therefore cannot follow the enlightened monk ways.

Not like lore really matters to Blizz anymore

I hope that’s not the answer they gave because you’re posting on a character with anger problems. Isn’t your racial called “Blood Fury”?

1 Like

Yeah it’s been long enough that worgen and goblins not being monks is so incredibly stupid and senseless it needs to be fixed. It’s just rediculious. If anything worgen being monks makes more sense. Claws and teeth. Fist fighting. Come on blizzard what’s the hold up here?!

1 Like

I don’t make the rules, but I’m also posting on a class where anger problems aren’t an issue.

But would it surprise you if Blizz favored orcs?

A lot of weird answers here but the actual one is they didn’t want the two newest races to be the newest class. They thought too many people would play them leaving the older races to rot. Obviously this is no longer applicable and should be reverted.

1 Like

I wasn’t blaming you and I didn’t mean to come off that way.

I was pointing out that orcs have anger issues and even a racial called “Blood Fury” plus the entire reason worgens are playable is because they did get control of themselves.

So I was saying that I hope that’s not the dumb excuse Blizzard gave because it makes zero sense.

1 Like

It’s most likely because a warewolf and a monk literally make no sense together whether that be in a same sentence or class and race. Like honestly you should be happy worgs can be anything outside of warrior imo

At this point they should open up all race/class combos. Even things like void elf paladin and undead paladin should be added; just chage the yellow spells to purple and say they’re void/shadow knights.

Sure, whatevs. I don’t think it matters anymore and I can have a cow DH and Warlock.

Technically, holy and death aren’t polar opposites, so it could work. Lightforged shadow priest is another story.

I believe that it’s more than just laziness. I think Blizzard is unwilling to add Monks to the starting zones of Worgen and Goblins and that they don’t want race/class combos that exclusively start in Exile’s Reach.

It is my guess that they are planning special starting zones for certain new race/class combos.

I think Blizzard also considers Worgen Monks to be about as nonsensical as something like Draenei Warlocks. To my knowledge, not even Hearthstone has ever portrayed Worgen as Monks. For this reason alone, I’m not sure if Worgen Monks will ever be a thing.

I’m not necessarily against Worgen Monks, though.

1 Like