Wait, wait, wait. Lightforged Draenei can be what now?

So you mean to tell me, Blizzard, you gave holier-than-thou, dipped-in-drip, Light-bothering, Craftian-looking, C’thulu-children space goats the class synonymous with actual scum and villainy…

And we can’t have Worgen Monks why?

If anyone could use more classes, it’s definitely the Worgen. Not saying the Lightforge wasn’t due, but come on. I’ve been waiting for Worgen Monks since WoD–and these weird night-light-tattoo having livestock get loving before the Worgen?

15 Likes

Did they ever even give us a reason as to why we can’t have Worgen monks?

3 Likes

They were behind the wall when the cataclysm hit and never got trained.

Yeah, I know it’s stupid.

Edit: wait, MoP was after Cata but I am pretty sure this is the reasoning behind Goblin and Worgen not getting trained as monks.

4 Likes

It’s a good thing time never moved forward after that. Or during Mists of Pandaria…

3 Likes

They can’t be water my friend, too much mind noise. They’re barely holding it together.

9 Likes

Time doesn’t move forward in this game. Just forgotten. People are still swimming around in Menethil Harbor.

5 Likes

Yes it is cause they have their own story thing when you start even tough they have the adventure island thing.

They should let them be monk but be forced to do the island start if they are monk and give the choice to other classes

5 Likes

Even then, it doesn’t make sense because some of the monk trainers were retconned into existence. Like I’m pretty sure the one on Azuremyst mentions witnessing the Exodar crash and helping the survivors, meaning they’ve actually been there since BC.

Though with Exile’s Reach being a thing, the original reasoning doesn’t really matter anymore, because Goblins and Worgen exist as “have been part of the Horde/Alliance for a while.” groups now.

6 Likes

blizzard wont do it thats why.

All the monk animations are there for goblin and worgen. They just never pulled the switch for some reason.

Ahh maybe that is why they said that about goblins and worgen. It’s really hard to make sense of WoW lore or timelines. lol

1 Like

Do you have a source for this?

1 Like

No source, personal experience. I used a toy to transform my monk into a worgen and things like chi tornado worked

2 Likes
1 Like

i mean, one simple google and you see the animations were there since mop. and you dont need to believe me go on your monk and find a worgen player to transform to see for yourself

lmao. um no.

Maybe it’s just low priority idk :~)

Because no one likes Worgen.

4 Likes

It’s just really weird because the Worgen were designed to be physical fighters and they only have two: Warrior and Rogue. Even weirder because the NPC’s usually fight unarmed.

5 Likes

Most simplistic reason would probably be they cant easily copy and past over the animations to the worgen model.

this is really no longer an excuse since we have the new starter zone, and several new allied races that weren’t around when pandaria opened up and were able to learn monks. goblin, worgen and lightforged dreanei all needs monks

2 Likes