Vulpera probably is the next Neutral Race

I hope so. I do hate wasted potential when it’s so good to bring in. I don’t see foxes races in mmorpgs so WoW could be the first on this, but with fur applied.

While I find myself more on the Kelfin side of the fence … pretty much this. While AESTHETICALLY the Vulpera may not seem immediately like a Horde race (with their cute exterior and alpacas); THEMATICALLY they ooze Horde. A nomadic, ex-slave race, that does what it needs for survival and with a hell of a savage edge. They would fit right into the Horde honestly.

Also … why is it ALWAYS a Worgen that makes these sort of threads? I feel like there is a theme with them just ignoring the context, culture, lore, and the Alliance’s relations with BOTH the Vulpera of Vol’dun and Freehold (as it is likely the Alliance that canonically raided that pirate compound) to justify how the little foxes NOT being “neutral” would be a “missed opportunity”?

12 Likes

My main is a worgen and has the highest count. I could of done it on any character.

I feel the Vulpera should be a Horde race. Alliance allied races are just so meh that I think I’m a little jealous admittedly but the Worgen overhaul will probably help that. :wolf: :blush: they are cuties!

5 Likes

I am excited to see what the Worgen (and especially Goblin) revamp brings to the table.

I am ALSO super psyched to see what Blizz intends with their Heritage Questlines. The Gnome and Tauren questlines showed that its not exclusive to previous events in the race’s history; so the idea that perhaps FINALLY we might see a conclusion to both races long put on hold Cata Intro questlines is tempting. The retaking of Gilneas and the replacement of Wix (with Gazlowe).

2 Likes

Btw how you get the heritage armor?

Im thinking of getting the gnome one, what do i need?

Not debatable and no this is about as far as you can get from a potential one…

The ONLY reason why we got pandarians as a neutral race is that Blizzard felt there would be a backlash is they gave them to only one side (I think they mostly meant from the Chinese players).

Others have more then adequately mentioned the Alliance actions that would make them joining Alliance an absurdity.

5 Likes

Isn’t there a traitor count going to happen where you can betray your race coming up soon maybe that is it? I am not blizzard so shoot I wanna hope and pray for the Vulpera. Haters gonna keep hating but I see more people liking them if they’re gonna be negative about it keep the comments to them selves.

So its fine and dandy to ignore the entire expansion of Horde building an actual relationship with the Vulpera, them celebrating and voiwing to help each other, protecting them from repeated Alliance aggression, all so Alliance can get maybe a couple quests and get them too?

And people said the Void Elves were pulled out of nowhere, this is just jumping the shark.

16 Likes

Liking them is fine and all, but when it comes to threads like this its hard to tell what they like ABOUT them (outside of their appearance).

Vulpera (like it or not) DO thematically fit the Horde better than the Alliance. The Horde (and especially the Zandalari) has been building inroads with the Vulpera of Vol’dun. The Alliance also currently has NO posotive relations with ANY Vulpera faction (as they have attacked the Vulpera of Vol’dun; and are very likely to be the canon faction that attacked the Vulpera of Freehold). It would also be decidedly VERY stupid for the Voldun Vulpera to turn on their Troll neighbors.

In essence, with how things are looking, what of the Vulpera would the Alliance get? Their culture? No. Their territories? No. Their characters (Kiro, Meera, and Nisha)? No. They would get nothing BUT the Vulpera (Goblin with tails) skin … and very little of the substance. If thats all they want, that’s fine I suppose … but why try to justify it beyond that?

8 Likes

I think horde needs another race perhaps make them Pandarans and establish with the Pandas? Yeah it does look like a modded Goblin skin using the same skeleton and models, HOWEVER I do think with some work it might be pulled off. TBH If they are pulling off a fennec look they should use child skeletons and make them less like goblins and more like fennecs.

But again … what about the Vulpera would the Alliance GET?

Just their models, because it would be VERY dangerous for the Vulpera of Vol’dun to turn against their Troll neighbors. Yes, making them the Pandaren AR would justify WHY they functionally could end up on both factions; but not narratively or thematically. This sentiment does seem to stem more from people only caring about the appearance of the ARs (rather than anything substantive about them). And I say this as a person who would actually sort of prefer the Horde get the Kelfin (if we ONLY were to get one or the other); because I personally do see more future story opportunities for the little water Goblins than the furry ones atm.

2 Likes

I agree because if the alliance ruined there homes and if that was me I’d be upset very very upset. Maybe they can copy Pandaria and make it more like Japanese as in Feudal Era Japan styled thing? To attract peoples attention and put asian music in there continent. If we want to avoid the alliance with them I’d say at least have them get into looking more like fox folklore if that’s where Blizzard is going it will seriously draw peoples attention including having Tori gates and Japanese styled buildings of the Feudal Era Japan.

High vulperas

Vulpera at the moment don’t have any reason to befriend alliance. The more likely candidates for neutral allied races would be Sethrak, Tortollan, Arrakoa, Vrykul, and Furbolgs.

2 Likes

I take it you didn’t read the whole thread where I said “once the conflict is over.” Could be playable next expansion who knows?

blizzard writing team

1 Like

Oh no, I read it, just not buying it. They have sworn their side already, there is a rep for them thats Horde only. What would you grind out to earn them anyway? You want their rep made neutral too?

8 Likes

I hope not, all the stuff the Alliance did to them aside, Blizzard said they regretted Pandaren being neutral plus I feel like giving the Alliance Void Elves instead of High Elves further reiterates their stance on not blurring faction lines.

2 Likes

Blizz will do another neutral race but not a furry one again.