Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

05/04/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Schreiber
I'm sure they'll get hunter at least. I just want them to have an oddball class somewhere in their lineup. I don't really think mage fits them, but I can see a case for warlock. Priest, if they got paladin, would only make sense.

But just imagine the holy hyenas!
There's zero reason to give them paladins. If gnomes, night elves, and worgen have been working alongside paladins for 10+ years and they don't have paladins, why would some Sunwalkers be able to teach it to them in the span of a month or so?
05/04/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Lokra
05/04/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Schreiber
I'm sure they'll get hunter at least. I just want them to have an oddball class somewhere in their lineup. I don't really think mage fits them, but I can see a case for warlock. Priest, if they got paladin, would only make sense.

But just imagine the holy hyenas!
There's zero reason to give them paladins. If gnomes, night elves, and worgen have been working alongside paladins for 10+ years and they don't have paladins, why would some Sunwalkers be able to teach it to them in the span of a month or so?

Presumably were they able to roll paladins it would be because they already have the a paladin-like history in their own heritage. Ie there are already Vulpera paladins before we got there.

We haven't seen any in the beta though, so maybe they're really sneaky paladins?

Also, "Holy Hyenas" will become my new go to exclamation of surprise
05/04/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Lokra

Yeah, I don't think it'll actually happen. Like I said, I just want them to have something that's kind of weird in their class list. Being victims of slavery, I could see warlock having appeal to some of them, but so far there don't really seem to be any hints that way either.
+1 Support for Vulpera!

I'm hoping for druids, but it seems like a stretch that they'll get it.
Druid>Hunter>Shaman for me right now on their classes.
I wonder what their heritage armor would look like?

This specific comment they gave from the recent PCGamesN Interview on WoWhead caught my attention.
"One factor of choosing the faction for each Allied Races is visuals. Blizzard doesn't want one faction to end up with all the cute or tough-looking characters."

Danger Noodles for Alliance!
Foxes for Horde!
That interview really seems to hint at Vulpera/Sethrak. Unless I'm just too hopeful and making things up in my head.
04/30/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Lahgtah
Dude, go outside.

Don't say that they will end up just playing Pokemon Go. We don't need more idiots who do that...*Cough* Eevee.... *Cough*
05/04/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Alaeis
That interview really seems to hint at Vulpera/Sethrak. Unless I'm just too hopeful and making things up in my head.

I got the same impression, and it's the best news I've read all week because of that. I might be reading too far into it, but it's still an interesting interview.
...The only reasons I'm currently maining Horde:

Vulpera are likely to be a Horde Race.

I have one friend who I like PvPing with who refuses to roll Alliance.

Give me more reasons to work for the Banshee Queen. Let me be a fox. Then I can at least say I'm not on the Horde's side, the Horde is on my side.
05/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Schreiber
05/04/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Alaeis

I got the same impression, and it's the best news I've read all week because of that. I might be reading too far into it, but it's still an interesting interview.

I don't think you were the only one reading that message between the lines
05/05/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Eevee
05/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Schreiber

I don't think you were the only one reading that message between the lines

We all are doing that, trust me. What with either datamining or interviews. The suspense...
05/05/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Fallynn

We all are doing that, trust me. What with either datamining or interviews. The suspense...

As confident as I am, I would still sleep better with official confirmation. I understand the likely reason they've kept so quiet is to avoid the disappointment from having to wait until 8.2 for them. But if anybody is reading this I promise I can keep a secret > >
I just killed my first two Vulpera today. Not even sad.

#teamsnek

(( okay maybe a little sad they are cute little squishy beans ))
05/05/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Wyspers
I just killed my first two Vulpera today. Not even sad.

#teamsnek

(( okay maybe a little sad they are cute little squishy beans ))

I was sad to have to kill any of them.

:(
I think they would fit the Horde just find, it's already full of ex slaves like the orcs and goblins.

If they ever become playable I would roll a rogue, definitely
05/05/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Eevee
05/05/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Fallynn

As confident as I am, I would still sleep better with official confirmation. I understand the likely reason they've kept so quiet is to avoid the disappointment from having to wait until 8.2 for them. But if anybody is reading this I promise I can keep a secret > >

This could also be a case of not wanting to announce them until they finish some major animation group, change, or vulpera feature that could delay them as playable. They've got to meet the deadlines for projects and features they promised first and don't want to complicate that.
05/05/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Furrywarr
05/05/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Eevee

This could also be a case of not wanting to announce them until they finish some major animation group, change, or vulpera feature that could delay them as playable. They've got to meet the deadlines for projects and features they promised first and don't want to complicate that.

Another likely possibly is that with the alliance race (whatever it is) being not ready to showcase, revealing Vulpera now would be a one sided announcement. They could just say "the alliance race is sethrak" But then people would immediately start expecting huge sethrak improvements immediately which is not likely to happen
They got a bit of a hype problem with Alliance right now too. So, better get them sneks ready!
05/07/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Wyspers
They got a bit of a hype problem with Alliance right now too. So, better get them sneks ready!

At this point I actually feel like danger noodles are the most likely allied race for the alliance. I was skeptical for a long time simply because there was no real evidence for them. But from what we've seen in the beta so far there really are no better candidates from either a lore or gameplay perspective.
05/07/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Eevee
At this point I actually feel like danger noodles are the most likely allied race for the alliance. I was skeptical for a long time simply because there was no real evidence for them. But from what we've seen in the beta so far there really are no better candidates from either a lore or gameplay perspective.

I hope that's true, i really wants me some sethrak toons. i just got into beta and haven't had a lot of time to play. I plan on rolling a horde toon to see the opening scenario from the horde side, but is it also possible for the alliance to get to zandalar in beta yet, or are the islands pretty much locked to their respective factions?
05/07/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Seije
05/07/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Eevee

I hope that's true, i really wants me some sethrak toons. i just got into beta and haven't had a lot of time to play. I plan on rolling a horde toon to see the opening scenario from the horde side, but is it also possible for the alliance to get to zandalar in beta yet, or are the islands pretty much locked to their respective factions?

I should probably know the answer to that. But I don't. Sorry