Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

I don’t think the dance has enough variety for that. Each PC dance tends to have three different loops and I think there’s only enough in the background dancer’s routine to cover one character.

I really hope the males don’t dance like the headlining guy, that would be… weird.

If we datamine a Vulpera dance can we call them officially confirmed or at least close enough to it?

3 Likes

I feel they’ll have their own dances, but it will be simpler ones like kul tirans and zandalari got. Still new moves, and different for each gender.

how much longer til its official? i cant wait to make my female horde vulpera monk!

I don’t think I can wait much longer either! Recently resubscribed and stepped into Vol’dun once again, that place reminds me how much I’d love to have Vulpera as a playable race. I honestly hope we dont have to wait much longer for them.

Im excited to see what dances they may have planned for Vulpera.

4 Likes

Oh man, I seriously can not contain my desire to see an official announcement! Argh! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Though… part of me feels I wont be able to keep my Paladin :’(

9 Likes

If one of my many theories is true, and if the vulperan ancestors were scientists and scholars living on K’aresh or even elsewhere on Azeroth, studying the great dark beyond, the foundations of creation, light/void, balance, and other cosmic and profound research, then they may be able to be paladins. Or perhaps as we find out more about them, about their past and original culture and ways, we’ll uncover that some of their classes while playable, have slightly different meaning and origins. As we’ve seen with kul’tirans, zandalari and even taurens and pandaren - their versions of a class could be handled differently - with it’s own lore and rules - while still playable under the name of that class.

I prefer the scrappier and more humble, natural/tribal classes such as rogue, shaman druid, even warrior. The vulpera as we know them so far are more earthy and resourceful, like the highmountain tauren, and don’t seem to be terribly interested in magic and light and dark warlock magic.

We know so little at this stage, who knows - maybe they can’t remember their past due to a spell that has erased their memories or blocks an innate ability to seek knowledge that we will one day reawaken - allowing them to know and remember everything that eludes them at this time. If something bad happened to their people, such as research they could not control, or the voidlords invading, or even the black empire enslaving them, then maybe the survivor’s minds were erased to never know those horrors. Would also explain their lack of actual historical documents and objects, nonexistent memories and not much heritage or culture other than the resourceful desert travelers that they are. I think about these possibilities too much!

But if they do have a connection or a past with cosmic forces, they may be able to become paladins, priests or the classes who use such forces.

Keep in mind the tauren sunwalkers worship the sun, An’she, and use the calm and healing warmth (and strength) of sunlight (I wish this was visually reflected in their spells and abilities, as well as allowing all of our unique race’s identities to be reflected in our classes and specs, and not just for totems for shaman and shapeshift forms for druids - every class and spec should feature some race and cultural identity incorporated into their their signature spells and abilities - at least one or two would be nice) , unlike other paladins who use the light.

Reuniting the surviving vulpera descendants who we meet in voldun with their brethren on elune or k’aresh, or perhaps uncovering an underground civilization in an enormous cavern where they’ve lived for many years, or if they are from the emerald dream or simply from areas of azeroth not yet explored, living in burrows and in trees throughout an expansive tunnel system beneath and throughout azeroth, or phased from reality by some ancient spell, is how we’ll uncover more about their past and place in the world and in the story of warcraft.

3 Likes

Probable calendar of events:

Late July: 8.2.5 news. Possible vulpera announcemente
Early August: 8.2.5 PTR If no vulpera in patch, juicy datamining with Blizzcon spoilers is possible
Late September/Early October: 8.2.5 release
November 1st: Blizzcon. 8.3 news and 9.0 announcemente This is the last possible date for any announcement
Early November: 8.3 PTR
Mid January 2020: 8.3 release
Late February 2020: 8.3.5 news
Late April 2020: 8.3.5 release Last chance of having vulpera
November 2020: 9.0 release

I still think there’s a big chance of it happening in 8.2.5. Cross your fingers!

2 Likes

I have heard of the foxtrot dance and looked it up, only to discover that it appears to be a ballroom dance that is done with two people. I’m unsure if there is a solo variant, but perhaps one could be made for one of the Vulpera dances.

Here is a video about the foxtrot, starting with explanations of how the partners do each dance separately, together, and then both separate and together with music.

2 Likes

LET NISHA DO THE FOXTROT

Crommash: Is she dancing or assuming a fighting stance?

Kuro: … I don’t know.

7 Likes

It looks like Rise of Azshara is coming June 25th:

Which is good news as the sooner this comes out, the sooner we’ll see new allied race news.

Since Vulpera are heavily hinted, I’ll keep an eye out for any Vulpera related stuff in the patch and help report any findings, assuming my 4 week summer class doesn’t eat up most of my time. <- <;

8 Likes

Do it! Please!

4 Likes

Lot of Vulpra hate threads going around but don’t let that get you down. Just keeps sharing your passion and work towards it.

Some advice from the High Elf threads.

15 Likes

Yeah, I really want to experience Mechagon as a little scavenger Vulpera rogue. I don’t want to do it on one of my existing chars and then go back and do it on a Vulpera because all the magic would have been gone. They need to release the freaking Vulpera. :fox_face::crossed_swords:

11 Likes

You will! You will! And you will have lots of company!

2 Likes

ARTuesday

Welcome back to ARTuesday! After a small scare with my trust level decaying, I am proud to introduce you to our second fan artist spotlight:

ZealousLynx

1. How long have you been drawing?
I’ve been drawing for three years now digitally, but around ten years overall.

2. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I’ve been playing World of Warcraft since Cataclysm.

3. What activities do you like to do in the game?
I enjoy Roleplaying & Raiding, as well as a sprinkle of arena! However, my favorite thing is exploring and finding new places around Azeroth.

4. Besides drawing and warcraft, what else do you like to do with your time?
I like to care for my frogs & doggos, as well as raise succulents and play FFXIV & Dead by Daylight.

5. What about the Vulpera inspired you to draw?
Well, I love tiny races. They’re just so cute… and especially if they have large ears and a tail!

6. What do you plan to name your Vulpera character, should they become playable?
My Vulpera will be named Mere in character, but I plan to race change my priest, Cutie into this character!

Please show Zeal your love!

15 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

8.2 has a release date! This means we can finally set a date to start looking forward to news on 8.2.5

6 Likes

Tomorrow hopefully!!!

Out of curiosity, why tomorrow? Is something going on? o.o

No. During BfA, we usually got news on the next patch close to one month after the previous one launched.

So, end of July is the biggest possibility.

I miss the Legion patch cycle, in which the next patch usually hit the PTR one or two weeks after the previous one…

2 Likes