Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

That is extremely adorable. Awww I love gay love puns.

1 Like

I didnā€™t even notice it was one :stuck_out_tongue: Weā€™re not gay to be honest but it fits that too! His male fox would be ā€œRockā€, and my female fox ā€œRollā€. It fits for any variety of couple too, come to think of it!

1 Like

Wildhammer and Ogres?

1 Like

I doā€¦

It is impossible. Because right now there is only 1 npc Vulpera flagged as friendly to alliance. And itā€™s a battle pet trainer which is always friendly regardless of race/faction. Most of them are orange/red. Their make-shift town in Volā€™Dun is hostile and will attack any alliance. There are some neutral ones but theyā€™re all pirates and afiak attack-able.

Blizzard has said before they donā€™t make decisions like these based on numbers or balance. But purely on creative reasoning. If that is the case then there is absolutely no reason, nor justification for them to go alliance, or even neutral. Itā€™s not even a lightforged or HMT situation. They were neutral. Vulpera are mostly hostile both the Volā€™dun and Pirate ones. In fact in that one pirate dungeon there is a Vulpera who will help you out, ONLY if youā€™re horde. If youā€™re alliance you have to kill her.

Honestly more justification of almost any of the allied races going to the opposite faction then Vulpera.

Dark Irons get tired of the political drama of ironforge.

Magā€™har were recruited by the alliance time traveling instead of the horde as they owe an equal debt.

HMT being recruited by night elves because they lived near the Valā€™sharah.

LF Draenei being recruited by horde is unlikely but at least they have friendly interactions with them so still more likely.

Nightborne allied with both horde and alliance and couldā€™ve easily swung either way. So many alliance were upset that horde got them.

Void Elves: While kicked out of silvemroon instead of defecting to the alliance they simply head west to tirisfal glades as the undead embrace shadow/void and even are resistant to old god whispers.

KT Humans. They HATE stormwind humans. The whole storyline is about SW humans trying to convince them to not hate them long enough to work with them. Yes they hate orcs and the horde just as much but if the factions went to opposite isles it couldā€™ve happened. It wouldā€™nt have been much harder for the horde to earn their favour then the alliance.

Ztroll pretty similar to KT. If instead of imprisoning their princess for no reason Anduin requested a summit with her, he couldā€™ve convinced her to join the alliance. They both worship the light even if in different ways. Zandalari are not fond of the horde. They really hate undead.

Every single other allied race would make 10x more sense being on the opposite faction then Vulpera would. Vulpera have absolutely 0 positive interactions with the Alliance, only neutral or negative ones. The one pet battle trainer doesnā€™t count because pretty sure they arenā€™t canon.

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦ never met a straight couple who use the term partner in romantic context. Sorry for assuming. Encounter something new every day.

3 Likes

Oh thereā€™s no worries at all for assuming! I just didnā€™t want to be rude by making a correction is all, but I figured I might as well anyway so that thereā€™s proper context. Iā€™m very odd in my wording of things, I either use ā€œpartnerā€ or ā€œloverā€ even though weā€™re a straight couple because, well. I donā€™t know. It feels more endearing than just ā€œboyfriendā€.

Plus, I heard that normalizing such a term (and I used it prior to hearing this!) pretty much allows more open arms for all forms of sexuality, you know, in which itā€™s ambiguous and kinda just encompassing everyone under one thing.

Anyway :stuck_out_tongue: No worries at all! I can understand the confusion, I really donā€™t know why I default to saying that myself.

4 Likes

Well it was still adorably punny.

2 Likes

Thanks ^^ I just need to figure out an actual name to go with that nickname. Maybe ā€œRolzaraā€ or somethingā€¦

2 Likes

I will assume that many people already have stated solid reasons as to why itā€™s pretty much certain that Vulpera will be a playable race, such as: 1) WoW developers wouldnā€™t put so much time/ effort into a raceā€™s animations, if itā€™s not intended to be playable; 2) SPOILER ALERT: when doing the questline to unlock the Zandalari race, thereā€™s a considerable hint that the Vulpera will be joining the Horde.

Hey guys, just saw the news on that cutscene code about Vulpera! Grats on another big hint :slight_smile: I hope that we can have so much hope and confirmation about Sethrak someday soon <3

How exciting!

2 Likes

Does WoW forums have a spoiler bracket? Cuz I donā€™t rememebr that and am confuzzled.

When you are recruiting Zandalari one of the trials mentions to Talanji to consider who her allies are.
She mentions the horde, the vulpera, and the tortollan. (She casually leaves out sethrakk : / and funguar when you see them as allies or trading npcs.

Is cuz sethrak goes to ally,

but the fact that she mentioned turtles kinda eh cuz they def arenā€™t gona be playable.

1 Like

There is a tortollan that joined the Zanchuli council. We helped them with torga. They can be made into one given the player demand. I believe they can be made using a modified pandaren skeleton.

Ultimately reusing assets allows for better player fantasy. Doing questing I donā€™t see much evidence for Sethrakk joining the alliance right now. More story would be needed to cement a bond. Unless they just ask them to join and they say yes off the bat? And the story for them progresses onward from there? Idk I think Sethrakk are more fitting for the horde. Setgraliss being a loa that was also present in Talanjiā€™s coronation is good.

Yes there is oneā€¦ but the race is over-all neutral vehemently so. And they would need to be rebuild 100% from the ground up itā€™s not gonna happen. Sethrak would be easier. Hell Naga would be easierā€¦

Sethrak donā€™t go to ally at allā€¦

Fox named Roll?

Fox roll

Fox Roll

Fox Roll (Inari-Zushi)

ā€¦damnit now I want suhiā€¦

In the war campaign you literally save their leaders life, but ok.

2 Likes

While this is true the horde did much more than that.

The speaker of the horde and the zandalari saved Vorrikā€™s friend and a keystone. saved Vorrik, broke a faithless siege, brought back several religious artifacts, saved Vorriks personal mount Pterodax, fought the faithless with the aid of the vulpera and defeated Korthek.
Then the horde went on to liberate the temple of Sethraliss and save Sethraliss herself.
They then went into Uldir and defeated Mythrax and the other threats in there.

2 Likes

The Sushi you showed(Uramaki Sushi) is Canadian in originā€¦ Unlike all those Japanese Makizushi that lack the finesse of my Home Countryā€™s Uramaki Sushiā€¦ Other Japanese Sushi can be just as or even more super fancy as Uramaki though the ones Iā€™ve seen arenā€™t Makizushi.

Uramaki was first adapted in Canada for the California Roll which started off as a Makizushi in California.