Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

They’re quite nice collectables.

1 Like

I made a Zanda troll after unlocking her, excited to be making a druid again (have a 120 on alli).

It’s bloody massive.

I mean… I’m as tall as a Tauren male.

/rerolled regular troll.

/beg for vulp druid (even though I know its a very remote possibility).

Any Vulpera news yet???

1 Like

Not yet. They released a cinematic but nothing that would qualify as an announcement.

2 Likes

Please!!!
Do not celebrate about Alliance luck!

Yeah, maybe the source confused interviews about BfA with an announcement.

From interviews, it’s confirmed worgen and goblin models will come with heritage armor for those races in 8.2.5.

Jeremy Feasel also evaded a question about Mechagon remaining relevant after 8.2, which people seem to interpret as a sign of junkers becoming an allied race.

3 Likes

It is likely going to be after 8.2 before any allied race announcements occur. It would be more effective, in my opinion, to announce something like the Robo Gnomes as an allied race after we’ve had time to work with them some in the game. Same with the Gilblins in The Unshackled rep or any other potential allied race that could be forthcoming.

For Vulpera specifically, they likely could have a storyline involvement in 8.2 in some fashion that could lead into them becoming allied races, but I feel like they can announce them at any point in time given we’ve had a lot of contact with them. A lot also depends on who exactly their Alliance counterpart would be.

That said, and I’ll be a broken record and say it again, whatever allied races are next, I REALLY hope they are not waiting until Blizzcon in November to announce them. <- <;

At any rate, I’m gonna write up this Ogre scenario writing I’ve been working on some more and watch the Nintendo Direct in roughly 15 minutes of this post. ^^

4 Likes

god plz no.

no more furries

pandaria was hated JUST because of that single fact

2 Likes

Considering I see most people look upon MoP fondly, that’s incorrect. :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

I still say if Ogres being an AR, then Sea Giants could make a great AR to them if the unshackled intigates into the horde. Of course there is a lot of different types of ogres out there. One thing that occured to me. It might be a good idea to keep an eye out to see if sea giants ever at any point get a female model.

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that the person being interviewed there referred to 8.2.5 as “after Rise of Azshara” which somewhat throws a wet blanket on the idea that Ion’s “no allied races in Rise of Azshara” included 8.2.5 as well. I know it’s a nitpick and we’re dealing with 2 different people, but it’s something :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That’s really interesting and good to know. Gives some hope for sure.

1 Like

That would be great if so. Then we could see new allied races sooner than later. Plus, it’s soon enough that the Vulpera could have something to do with the storyline and get involved in the war against the Alliance. ^^

I’m of the opinion that if Ogres became a core Horde race, the Mok’nathol would make a great AR for them. Both have been asked for a lot and there has been a lot of worry that one getting in would act as a “compromise” for the people wanting the other race. This just pleases both groups of fans. ^^

Pass the Vol’dunshine. It’s gonna be a long wait to 8.2.5

8 Likes

Yeah I’m about fed up.

Blizzard: After the assault in Dazar’alor, both the Alliance and the Horde are recovering from the battle and licking their wounds. With both factions losing an important amount of ships, it is a perfect time for the Naga to strike. As we venture into the great blue beyond… blah blah blah

Me: so when do we get Vulpera? :neutral_face:

Is it me or is there a general sense that people are already looking forward to what comes after the Rise of Azshara? I feel like this xpac is just dragging.

4 Likes

so when do we get Vulpera? :neutral_face:

I took care of them for ya. After all, I certainly am looking forward to wearing their furs and lovely coats. So in that sense I guess we both love Vulpera?

1 Like

Yeah the “fur coat” bit might have been amusing the first 50 times or so

10 Likes

I like him. He makes it harder to take seriously the people who actually hate Vulpera

Pretty much. I’m waiting on worgen updates to play alliance side at this point. If they release worgen and Vulpera at the same time I will have to make some tough decisions

9 Likes

The only reason I don’t firmly say vulpera/junkers will be on 8.2.5 is worgen and goblin remodels, since those would occupy the same art teams.

However, I don’t discard the possibility entirely.

Patch 8.2.5: Rise of the fluffies and shauties.

1 Like