Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

No, that’s fine Champ. I asked you why you where in the Vulpera megathread saying this?! Like, are you trying to be antagonistic and piss off the foxes, mate?

4 Likes

I’m going to pass and let you discuss it there.

Anyway, I’d rather focus on Vulpera here rather than arguing again. Perhaps we could discuss racials a bit. I think a pickpocketing racial could be cool (with a Cooldown of course) of which could be used without stealth. Or perhaps a ten-second stealth racial in which is on a longer cooldown too. I know we’ve discussed “Stealth” as a racial before, and it wouldn’t be OP if on a CD and with a short duration.

2 Likes

Not at all. It didn’t mean it like that whatsoever. When I saw that comment Chronormi made. It kind of echoed how I was feeling about this except with Gilgoblins. Thats why I decided to comment on it.

Okie dokie, but you gotta work on that delivery. Start thinking more like a suave Goblin an’ less like an’ Orc, Champ. We already get enough flak, we don’t need the Vulpera vixens mad at us too. :rofl:

3 Likes

I think you over reacted a bit there buddy. I didn’t see anything malicious about that comment.

I know we’ve discussed “Stealth” as a racial before, and it wouldn’t be OP if on a CD and with a short duration.

Think high. Usually when races/classes are released at first their racials are tuned up pretty high at times. Goblins started out with 5% haste when they came out.

2 Likes

FOXVANISH: Stealth, 50% increased movement speed, immune to all damage while activated, lasts 10 seconds 1.5 minute cooldowns.

Prey: Get eaten by a giant snake. While you digest you gain control of the snake for 30 seconds which moves at 100% increases speed. The snake can die ending the effect early. You die when this effect ends. Your corpse is a turd.

Foxtrot: You turn into a full fledged fox and others can ride you as a mount. (does not increase movement speed).

GIMMIE: You pickpocket the enemy. (Same loot table as rogue pickpocket, does not require stealth) 1 min cooldown.

Smol Furry: Everyone loves you! Damage from humanoids reduced by 5%

6 Likes

I seriously doubt that gilgoblins will become playable, or any aquatic for that matter. I think Vulpera is a definite and, if they want to include gilgoblins too, meh. I just don’t think they will.

Yeah but who’s gonna use that cat form?

I have no idea. I am waiting impatiently for Vulpera but I would love to see Sethrak too. I’m with you in that I think it’s high time for a reptilian race. I absolutely love Sethrak but would like to see Saurok as well.

4 Likes

Glad to see I’m not alone in also wanting Saurok!

6 Likes

I think lore-wise Saurok literally don’t have females. Sethrak do they just use the same model. Idk how they’ll do will either situation. I don’t entirely mind the same model as long as there remains a male/female option for voice/pronoun use in quests/titles. But others will probably QQ. Hard to see how to make female for them in the traditional way. They don’t really have room for enlarged breasts on their body and they’re snakes so that would be weird anyways. I do really, really want them though. Just whatever they do don’t make them male only…

gender locked races haven’t gone over well in FFXIV. They’re making the same mistake in shadowbringers that they did in 1.0. The huge backlash caused them to say they’ll add their counterparts just won’t be available at launch of the expansion… /sigh. Gender neutral races are fine if it’s applicable. But gender locked when it’s established in lore they have both and can only play one is beyond dumb.

1 Like

Well I am confident that Blizz could make a more clear female form for Sethrak and Saurok and still be tasteful. We have to keep in mind that they are not straight-up snakes and lizards, they are humanoid creatures that possibly evolved from them :wink:

1 Like

From hearthstone. (Lady Saurok)

5 Likes

Omg… I NEED THIS LIKE RIGHT FREAKING NOW HOLY CARPLE PLEASEEEEE EI DIDN"T KNOW HOW MUCH I NEEDED TH IS IN MY LIFEEEEEEE

2 Likes

the ‘cat form’ is a snap-dragon, a naga unit from WC3. just because it uses the cat skeleton doesn’t necessarily mean it has to end up being a druid cat form. more likely, they chose the cat skeleton because of the multiple animations it has, and it fits the body-shape of the snap-dragon unit that WC3 players remember.

Yeah but it could’ve used any other of the cat skeletons that hunters can tame. Which has more then enough animations. Giblins shapeshift into snape dragon for cat form. It’s too obvious.

1 Like

What is this cat form everyone is talking about on Gilblins? Can someone link the source of this cat form? I just want to know for sure if this is just her say or something actually in the ptr right now.

mount version

As you can see. Uses catform skeleton.

i mean, you’re not wrong, but i was under the impression that all cats use the ‘catform’ skeleton. i know it was this way in vanilla, but not sure if/when this changed. but whatever, not trying to derail the vulpera thread. this would be better discussed in a gilblin/ankoan thread.