Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

Don’t make Nisha start a kill count on Worgen she’s good at that.

The foxes in the video are trying to combine their powers to go super sayan I think :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have this Vulpera name waiting just in case.

1 Like

I learned a word today

2 Likes

Oh me too.

Sorry, it’s just that when you compare vulpera textures to worgen textures, you can see how blatant blizzard’s horde favoritism is in this expansion.

3 Likes

I have high hopes for the 8.2.5 worgen update

5 Likes

Please don’t derail this thread with this bias nonsense.

6 Likes

You would be taken a lot more seriously if you didn’t have such an utterly infantile name!
Flips hair but loses his appetite so no sipping for a while

2 Likes

Shoot! I forgot to point out the Megathread turned a year old on May first! I’m cooking up something special to celebrate but got a little behind on it. I’ll get back to work on it soon.

15 Likes

Hello all! How you feeling about Vulpera? I got on 8.2.0 PTR and I’m a bit concerned that giblins will take their place. I even saw a model that’d be their cat form. It literally uses the cat form skeleton. Which no npc models use that are druids except for the zandalar lizard cats which are what Ztroll cat form is based off of. And now this one. Could be wrong but their faces look updates compared to goblin faces but their body is fairly low texture still. I mean potentially we get both? idk.

If the rumour of mechagnomes in 8.2.5 are true then giblins seem even more likely? Because the horde befriends a group of them and as far as I know there is no vulpera content in 8.2.0. Like It’d be nice to get an aquatic race, but I want vulpera so bad. I suppose 8.2.5 could be mechagnomes, and giblins, while 8.3/8.3.5 has a big storyarch with vulpera and sethrak and they start fighting. The vulpera have been attacked by the alliance so they won’t side with them. The sethrak have been neutral but if sylvanas demands they join the horde or face destruction they back into a corner where the alliance says “we’ll defend your homeland” it’s also selfish of the alliance because an extra foothold into zandalar. Potentially before this tension between sethrak and vulpera were raising and they were already on the brink of all out conflict? idk… I really want vulpera, and they seem so player ready already it’d be silly not to add them. Sethrak are less likely but for the love of the gods I want playable reptile race!

5 Likes

Hey, I thought I added you as a btag friend but I’m not sure. I have a very poor memory. Can you confirm/deny? My btag is the same as this characters name.

I don’t think one will interfere with the other. Zandalari and nightborne already use the same assets, and otherwise vulpera and gilgoblins are pretty different.

4 Likes

Y’know, this is what many people seem to forget. A lot of them are using the night elf rig :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think rig matters, as you’re right–now many are using the night elf rig, and so might Jinyu if they’re added.

4 Likes

I don’t think one will interfere with the other. Zandalari and nightborne already use the same assets, and otherwise vulpera and gilgoblins are pretty different.

This is what I am hoping. @Chronormi. There is something I want to say in this regards.

I share similar feelings, but except my concerns lie with Vulpera taking up the spot for some sort of decent goblin AR. I’ve been hoping for some good goblin related content for a while and since legion the possibility of Gilgoblins has been being discussed in the Goblin discord by a number of folk. People who know me know that I am a huge goblin nerd. However my fixation doesn’t lie with Gilgoblins specifically. I feel like if Vulpera was released as an AR that was supposed to be meant to be some kind of goblin AR than it would dilute the goblin race as a whole. Not to mention that Vulpera don’t have all those things that I fell in love with goblins about. Aside form the rig and size they are very different. If they were the same size as worgen or panda people would be thinking hey would be a worgen or panda AR. Along with the fact that if gnomes get a mechagnomes as their AR, it would just be a slap in the face to those of us who really love goblins.

2 Likes

Oi! Why are you in the Vulpera megathread saying this?! Come on, Champ! You’re giving us Kelfkin supporters a bad rap; leave the foxfolk alone and come back to the Gilgoblin thread. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Y’know, this is what many people seem to forget. A lot of them are using the night elf rig :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think rig matters, as you’re right–now many are using the night elf rig, and so might Jinyu if they’re added.

A lot of who is using the night elf rig?

1. Zandalari.
  2. Nightborne.
  3. Jinyu.
2 Likes

…how would an entirely unrelated race to goblins, of which has no ties lorewise to it, dilute the race other than using its rig? That’s like saying Zandalari dilute Night Elves o.o

Again, they never said anything about “Slots”, and as we’ve pointed out, rigs are reused including for ARs.

3 Likes

If you want to continue this conversation, lets do it in the Gilgoblin Discussion Thread. Just to avoid getting off too topic.

Oi! Why are you in the Vulpera megathread saying this?! Come on, Champ! You’re giving us Kelfkin supporters a bad rap; leave the foxfolk alone and come back to the Gilgoblin thread. :roll_eyes:

I stand by what I said. It was an honest answer to an honest reply.

1 Like