Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

06/07/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Sinkasumi
Vulpira seems to be Blizzards worst kept secret. They seemed to have gotten more tight lipped on other potential allied races and more careful with what they add. They did something similar before Cata was announced and the Worgen and goblin masks were discovered. Tried to misdirect people by adding other race masks.

It absolutely has to be a marketing strategy, I can't think of any other reason it would pan out this way.
04/30/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Eevee
Screenshot of Male:
https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/march/VulperaMaleSkinColor0.jpg
Screenshot of Female:
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/712706.jpg
Male Dressing Room:
http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room#RE0z0zJ8z9MM9MMR0z9M87T
Female Dressing Room:
http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room#REzz0zJ8z9Mk9Mmr0m9M87ouoS87u
Typical Vulpera NPC:
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=134148/maaz#modelviewer:10+0

They look like Gremlins with fur...
06/07/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Saelara
06/07/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Porschea

First of all, how does it not make sense for the Pandaren to join the Horde? The Huojin are very straightforward in their lore -- their philosophies match the dynamics of the Horde. It's quite easy to understand.

First of all, the Pandaren would not split up. They would not fight their fellow panda to the death which is what happens in a war. Furthermore the Huojin believe:

""Always challenge. Always question. In the pursuit of a greater good, inaction is the only wrong."

So it makes little sense that they allied themselves with someone who was hostile to them from day 1 and would only bring about chaos in their land. The moment Garrosh attacked the vale of eternal blossoms would be the moment they would have defected.

Not to mention the only reason they were on the Horde is because Sam Wyse has a !@#$% for the Horde and the Pandaren are his lovechild.

Uh huh. It just goes to show how much you're going off of what you want the Pandaren to be, and how little you know of the actual lore.

First of all, playable Pandaren are from the Wandering Isle, NOT Pandaria. They are countless generations removed, in fact. In Pandaria the Pandaren PC is considered to be just as much of an outsider as any of the other races. It's all spelled out in the MoP story, especially if you roll a Pandaren and play through their starting zone, so I don't know why so many people have such incorrect interpretations.

And how are you so sure the Pandaren would never fight each other? The two philosophies never got along, and joining the factions only fanned the flames of their hatred for one another. It is absolutely believable that they would be driven to kill each other.

Secondly, Ji enjoyed being tested when he met Garrosh -- so much so that fighting in the arena became his favorite pastime. If all Huojin share a similar mindset then none of them minded the initiation, either.

At the end of the day, any personal incongruities you have with the lore are irrelevant...Blizzard writes the story, you don't. What they say is canon.
06/07/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Porschea
Uh huh. It just goes to show how much you're going off of what you want the Pandaren to be, and how little you know of the actual lore.

I'm aware of the lore, I'll thank you to not be condescending.

First of all, playable Pandaren are from the Wandering Isle, NOT Pandaria. They are countless generations removed, in fact.

I'm quite aware of that but that has nothing to do with what I said. ALL playable Pandaren come from the wandering isle. They would not be likely to fight fellow Pandaren from that isle, is my point.

And how are you so sure the Pandaren would never fight each other? The two philosophies never got along, and joining the factions only fanned the flames of their hatred for one another. It is absolutely believable that they would be driven to kill each other.

Where's the lore on that one? The Pandaren who went on the Wandering Isle just wanted to see the world beyond Pandaria. They don't suddenly develop the desire to kill their fellow pandas.

Secondly, Ji enjoyed being tested when he met Garrosh -- so much so that fighting in the arena became his favorite pastime. If all Huojin share a similar mindset then none of them minded the initiation, either.

Uh, now who is "going off of what they want the lore to be" because this is totally a fallacy.

In Garrosh' monologue to the Pandarens he was essentially comparing them to new weapons for his Horde. He told the player / Ji that if any family / friends joined the Alliance they were no longer they were enemies and they would die on site. Ji's response was hesitant and unsure.

Then afterwards walking through the city this dialogue happens:

Ukos Bloodwhisper: Best move quickly through this area, stranger. The wearchief doesn't take kindly to non-orcs loitering in this part of Orgrimmar.

Ji Firepaw: He...he segregates the city?

Once again showing hesitation and uncertainty. Ji is pretty much treated as naive and unintelligent for his decision, saying things like "Oh Garrosh is intense but you can really feel like these people are going somewhere!" showing his naivety and inability to grasp the situation. Anyone else in that situation would be like "yeah, nope, this was a bad choice." Because Pandaren being on the Horde does NOT make sense.

At the end of the day, any personal incongruities you have with the lore are irrelevant...Blizzard writes the story, you don't. What they say is canon.

And at the end of the day I can discuss how inconsistent the lore is and your opinion on that is irrelevant. :)
Hi, Saelara! I'm a Horde pandaren.

I take great pride in my faction. My choice to join them was absolutely the correct decision.

One of my favorite hobbies is killing Alliance, especially the worthless Tushui. I never met one I liked, and now that we're officially at war I shed no tears to put an arrow straight through a Tushui heart.

One of my pet peeves is people assuming that I feel some kind of connection to Pandaria just because I'm a pandaren. Before I visited, that place was barely more than ancient folklore to me. It's OK, I guess. I'm still very much a foreigner in their lands. Wouldn't want to live there.

I took to Garrosh the moment he tested me to see if I was worthy to join the Horde. I had constantly put my life at risk throughout my training on the Wandering Isle, so it wasn't anything new to me...and if I'm quite honest, the arena battle wasn't even much of a challenge for me and Ji. It's really too bad Garrosh went completely nuts and we had to depose him. At his core he had the makings of an ideal leader.

But not to worry! Sylvanas is great. She's a woman of action and a real go-getter. She is perfectly in-tune with the Huojin way.

True, I faced some prejudice...but you know, sticks and stones and all that, and most of my detractors have since been slain in the Siege of Orgrimmar. Such unfortunate business, really.

All in all my faction has been profoundly accepting of me. I was even invited into a guild of the most wonderful people that I am honored to call friends and adventure with in the name of the Horde.

Oh, and I'll thank you to not speak for me.

Lok'tar ogar!
06/08/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Bangchang
She is perfectly in-tune with the Huojin way.

Blight in all! Kill civilians! Kill partnes! Intent kill yours sister!
And houjins, almost kill the turtle isle! True horde style!
06/08/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Bangchang
Hi, Saelara! I'm a Horde pandaren.

I take great pride in my faction. My choice to join them was absolutely the correct decision.

One of my favorite hobbies is killing Alliance, especially the worthless Tushui. I never met one I liked, and now that we're officially at war I shed no tears to put an arrow straight through a Tushui heart.

One of my pet peeves is people assuming that I feel some kind of connection to Pandaria just because I'm a pandaren. Before I visited, that place was barely more than ancient folklore to me. It's OK, I guess. I'm still very much a foreigner in their lands. Wouldn't want to live there.

I took to Garrosh the moment he tested me to see if I was worthy to join the Horde. I had constantly put my life at risk throughout my training on the Wandering Isle, so it wasn't anything new to me...and if I'm quite honest, the arena battle wasn't even much of a challenge for me and Ji. It's really too bad Garrosh went completely nuts and we had to depose him. At his core he had the makings of an ideal leader.

But not to worry! Sylvanas is great. She's a woman of action and a real go-getter. She is perfectly in-tune with the Huojin way.

True, I faced some prejudice...but you know, sticks and stones and all that, and most of my detractors have since been slain in the Siege of Orgrimmar. Such unfortunate business, really.

All in all my faction has been profoundly accepting of me. I was even invited into a guild of the most wonderful people that I am honored to call friends and adventure with in the name of the Horde.

Oh, and I'll thank you to not speak for me.

Lok'tar ogar!

Congratulations, you played yourself.
I think there's a 50/50 chance the Vulpera will be open to both factions a la the Pandaren.

In any case, if they are playable, I want to create a male and RP him as a used wagon-seller. He will be named Cartfox.
06/08/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Idun
I think there's a 50/50 chance the Vulpera will be open to both factions a la the Pandaren.

In any case, if they are playable, I want to create a male and RP him as a used wagon-seller. He will be named Cartfox.

I would even accept it, but I do not believe it will happen!
Come as they come, (they are more likely to be playable by the Horde, since they have quests and a close relationship with them throughout Voldun's part) that occur to be available to both factions!

Aunt Blizz was not pleased with the result with the pandarens, like I've already been told in this forum!
it is more likely that Alliance will receive another race!
If Aunt Blizz is inspired, and If so the light allow, maybe sethraks!

This took me a second, but then many giggles were had. Thank you
Racial mount confirmed: Vulpera get a Shiba Inu mount.

https://i.imgur.com/ATFVu4t.gifv
06/08/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Eevee

This took me a second, but then many giggles were had. Thank you

:D
Ride, my majestic doge!
06/07/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Porschea
First of all, how does it not make sense for the Pandaren to join the Horde?
Wasn't one of Ogrimmar's founders a pandaren wether it's canon or not but that's good enough reason for them to join.
06/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Hylianlich
Wasn't one of Ogrimmar's founders a pandaren wether it's canon or not but that's good enough reason for them to join.

I don't believe it to be canon because Chen Stormstout (the pandaren in question) was an optional companion during that campaign. And Thrall / Rexxar were the canon founders of Orgrimmar.

Either way, I feel like it's moot because even if it was canon that Chen was there for the founding of Orgrimmar - he has little to no relation with the Pandaren who eventually join up.
The tabard of Voldunai, is a representation of the Vulperas or Sethraks?
06/09/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Saelara
06/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Hylianlich

I don't believe it to be canon because Chen Stormstout (the pandaren in question) was an optional companion during that campaign. And Thrall / Rexxar were the canon founders of Orgrimmar.

Chen being one of the founding fathers of Orgrimmar is absolutely canon. One of the Horde's story scenarios in MoP confirmed it.
06/09/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Grayphus
The tabard of Voldunai, is a representation of the Vulperas or Sethraks?

The "good" sect of Sethrak might be included in there, but it's mainly the Vulpera.

The vendor is in an encampment of Vulpera who are PvP flagged as Horde and hostile to the Alliance.
Please Blizzard, not everything has to be an Allied Race.
06/09/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Schadenfreud
Please Blizzard, not everything has to be an Allied Race.

Yep! Like nagas, centaurs or more vampire elves! Blergh!
We can start with vulperas! Then Sethraks and proceed from this point forward!
Youngblood!