Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

Here's a poll:

Paid race change or heritage armor grind?
06/12/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Eevee
Here's a poll:

I'll be leveling a vulpera for the heritage armor, you bet your socks. Unless it looks terrible... in which case no, but chances are if they're an allied race, it'd look really nice.

...But what class should my Vulpera be if I get to play it? Decisions, decisions!
06/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Hylianlich
06/07/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Porschea
First of all, how does it not make sense for the Pandaren to join the Horde?
Wasn't one of Ogrimmar's founders a pandaren wether it's canon or not but that's good enough reason for them to join.

I recognize your post is three days old, but did I miss something that would imply Chen's participation in the Founding of Durotar wasn't canon?
06/12/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Fallynn
Here's a poll:

I'll be leveling a vulpera for the heritage armor, you bet your socks. Unless it looks terrible... in which case no, but chances are if they're an allied race, it'd look really nice.

...But what class should my Vulpera be if I get to play it? Decisions, decisions!
Me too from what i've seen as to what the NPCs wear I bet the Heritage will look really nice, I would have alot of fun lvling one too. For me when it comes to classes it's either going to be Hunter or Shaman.
06/12/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Rorrand
06/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Hylianlich
...Wasn't one of Ogrimmar's founders a pandaren wether it's canon or not but that's good enough reason for them to join.

I recognize your post is three days old, but did I miss something that would imply Chen's participation in the Founding of Durotar wasn't canon?

Prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, the existence of Pandaren in general and by extension, Chen, was not something that was universally accepted as canon.

Yes, he appears as a character in Warcraft 3, but as a hidden secret bonus character, it wasn't clear he was officially part of the canon storyline.

As an example, one level contains a Hydralisk. However, the Zerg are absolutely (at time of writing this) NOT canon in warcraft's history. Many assumed Chen was on a similar level.

World of Warcraft had a couple of subtle references to Chen pre-pandaria, (Most notably, Chen's Keg) but no references to pandaren or pandaria in general.

It was not an unreasonable assumption at the time to believe Pandaren simply a fun easter egg.
06/12/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Fallynn
Here's a poll:

The working theory is that the heritage armor will be based on either Nisha or Kiro's outfit which you can see the model viewer. It's a common outfit for many Vulpera NPCs
06/12/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Eevee
06/12/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Rorrand

Prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, the existence of Pandaren in general and by extension, Chen, was not something that was universally accepted as canon.

Yes, he appears as a character in Warcraft 3, but as a hidden secret bonus character, it wasn't clear he was officially part of the canon storyline.

As an example, one level contains a Hydralisk. However, the Zerg are absolutely (at time of writing this) NOT canon in warcraft's history. Many assumed Chen was on a similar level.

World of Warcraft had a couple of subtle references to Chen pre-pandaria, (Most notably, Chen's Keg) but no references to pandaren or pandaria in general.

It was not an unreasonable assumption at the time to believe Pandaren simply a fun easter egg.

Thanks! Good point about the hydralisk. Honestly, I often forget he's there when I go back through the night elf campaign.
06/12/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Rorrand
Thanks! Good point about the hydralisk. Honestly, I often forget he's there when I go back through the night elf campaign.

No problem.

On a mostly unrelated note, I really hope Blizzard doesn't decide to Cinematic Universe on us and have a Xel'naga themed expansion.

I don't want any of your damn peanut butter in my chocolate.
06/12/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Eevee
06/12/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Rorrand

No problem.

On a mostly unrelated note, I really hope Blizzard doesn't decide to Cinematic Universe on us and have a Xel'naga themed expansion.

I think that would damage much of the novelty that Heroes of the Storm clings to. If the universes start merging in canon anyway, what would be the point of a crossover game?
06/12/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Rorrand
06/12/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Eevee

No problem.

I think that would damage much of the novelty that Heroes of the Storm clings to. If the universes start merging in canon anyway, what would be the point of a crossover game?

Yeah, hopefully they use HotS to get any urges they might have out of their system > >
Don't make them Horde...Horde does not even want them, hell they don't even want Pandaren and if Tauren were a new race they would not want them either. Trust me on this one Blizzard, you GOT to trust me on this one give them to Alliance.
06/12/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Zhiifang
Don't make them Horde...Horde does not even want them, hell they don't even want Pandaren and if Tauren were a new race they would not want them either. Trust me on this one Blizzard, you GOT to trust me on this one give them to Alliance.

"They had a unique position among the Horde in that they were a collection of individuals who felt a connection to the Horde's ideals. Their leader, and their land, was far away, but they had proven their worth to the Horde"

Talking about the pandaren in BTS.

Sorry bud but the Horde does value its pandaren and tauren allies and they would value the vulpera if they did end up on the Horde.

No. You don't speak for the entire Horde. I'm Horde, I want them. Therefore, your 'Horde doesn't want them' statement is entirely invalidated.
Oh come now. The Horde could use something cute and cuddly. It'll help with your public image which, let's be honest, is in the gutter right now.

*raises paw*

I want them :<
06/12/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Rorrand
Oh come now. The Horde could use something cute and cuddly. It'll help with your public image which, let's be honest, is in the gutter right now.

He's actually alliance. And a pandaren. He just wants them all for himself.

You do not speak for me and you sure as heck don't speak for the whole of the Horde or Alliance bro :T

He's actually alliance. And a pandaren. He just wants them all for himself.

How selfish :P

Though, I would not be opposed to sharing them via a Neutral Allied Race. Vulpera are awesome and everyone should get to enjoy them ;)

You don't speak for anyone other than yourself.

The point is moot anyway. Things are already set in stone.
06/13/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Muyfeagrande

I dunno about stone. Maybe "Set in macintosh toffee" which is close.
06/13/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Muyfeagrande

Sorry, but I speak for everyone.