Vulpera Celebration Thread! 🦊

Also when you use rummage your bags ability there are different options for the elemental/visual type of the bag of tricks you can choose based on what you’ve unlocked.

https:// warcraft-secrets . com/guides/vulperas-bag-of-tricks

I have myself set up a simple macro in combat for self healing if I need it to target myself then use Bag of Tricks then switch back to what I was targeting earlier. I put it on all my Vulpera’s bars.

2 Likes

Making this an easier to click link! Thanks for posting it Kyrinth!

2 Likes

Yeah wouldn’t let me post the link to the wowhead secrets things so had to cheat a little.

1 Like

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Zandalari Druidism is based on Loa worship. I think an excellent lead-in to the implementation of Vulperan druids would be the (re-)introduction of the Fox Loa. Our lore is so VERY lacking, and this would be an awesome event.

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct. And loa would probably be our best bet for Vulpera Paladins, as well (as they are for Zandalari).

1 Like

It is though there is this misconception that it’s somehow different than Cenarion Druidism.

There is no difference between a Loa and a Wild God except effectively a culture one.

Loa are nature “gods” that embrace society and civilization to be worshipped.

Wild God’s embrace the wild places and shun society.

But druidism works the same between both, a powerful nature “God” grants access to the dream and the powers of a druid.

The Zandalari even have a sect worshipping Elune as a Loa.

This though would work very well to give story and lead in to vulpera druids and could even tie into their creation if it turns out this Fox Loa (possibly recently revived from Ardenwealde?) was their creator.

No reason they couldn’t learn from the Zandalari prelates.

2 Likes

It could be a potentially easy tie to Lord Renard in Ardenweald, who is referenced a Vulpin Wild God in the World of Warcraft: Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond on page 59.
Who consequently a young version of can be seen, as his son Renny can be found and join the player in Shadowlands:

Which gives us a picture of what Renard the wild god would have looked like when he was young, a small red fox with sly yet gnomish visage.

Which is the description given in the battle of between the ancients/wild gods/loa and the burning legion in the War of the Ancients on page 186:
“a tiny red fox with a sly yet gnomish visage scurrying between the legs of the giants”

2 Likes

Four months later… here we are on the edge of our new adventure Dragonflight. And what a contrast it is for vulpera, compared to Shadowlands. Shadowlands saw zero new vulpera characters (unless you include unnamed Death Knights) and existing vulpera were not used in the plot at all.

But Dragonflight… I will not be specific, for those avoiding spoilers, but we have returning characters from Vol’dun, new named NPC’s, and even brand new vulpera characters who have pretty notable places in the world and in the lore. With so many races in WoW - especially after the Allied Races system - it’s understandable Blizzard would struggle to find a way to use them all effectively. But it’s also nice to know that the vulpera have not been forgotten in Dragonflight.

Now, how about some new customization options, Blizz? Heh. (Oh, and official merch… oh, and a proper Battlenet avatar - Blinkfox works as a replacement for now, but barely)

6 Likes

Today marks the third anniversary of vulpera becoming playable! :fox_face:

4 Likes

Happily so. Also happy to have seen plenty of them in Dragonflight, be it the Visage of the MajorDomo, the trio you recruit in the intro that you see a number of times out in the world in Dragonflight or others.

Including little easter eggs many might not even know if they don’t roam around a bit, like Rinka borrowing some quills on the Zepplin ride over to the Dragon Isles

2 Likes

Ugh… their all over.
:mouse_trap: :mouse_trap: :mouse_trap: :mouse_trap: :mouse_trap: :mouse_trap: :mouse_trap:

they’re* all over.

And one for the picayune over here.
:mouse_trap:

Indeed they are. And not going anywhere! Some have tried hate to scare us off, but it only fuels us to fight more fiercely - that’s the vulpera way! :fox_face:

2 Likes

vulpera are cute

4 Likes