Vulpera are already getting monetized by third parties everywhere they are so unique and popular

You seem butthurt and I’m trying to figure out why. Do you think being a furry is derogatory or demeaning?

I can’t think of a feature I would hate more than removing factions from the game

Furries are messed up people we didn’t need Vulpera to prove this

1 Like

maybe if blizzard wouldn’t had made another damn gnome class, the vulpera wouldn’t have been so popular.

How dare you not listen to the Alliance and Horde players who tell you that you should be thanking Blizzard on bended knee because they designed some random “3d skeleton in the background” and ended up giving you a mildly different look?

Don’t you know that you are supposed to be grateful for having something which you can’t even look at? Learn some manners!

Oh? Now my interest has been piqued. Do go on.

I mean… Character commissions are not anything new. In fact, I would argue I see far more Elven, Worgen, and Pandaren comissions than Worgen. Also, I don’t know where you are getting the “No Mechagnome Comissions” from, a quick google search proves that point wrong.

Wat?

I am assuming you are just doubling down on your first statement, IE Character Comissions… which again, are not new to WoW and while Vulpera are on the upswing the Elves, Worgen, and Pandaren still have them trumped.

Ooooh, now I am curious! Let me see…

Mmmmm, I just reached the bottom of that search and only saw a Vulpera image once and no RMT advertisements.

Though, it should be known that Google does like to collect data on what people look up and curate results based upon that… What websites have you been looking at?

Its really hard to not comment on this one because I know people IRL who have done stuff like this. What I will say is its certainly not a good idea.

World of Warcraft News sites report on popular new feature of World of Warctaft. Shocking. Again, this is not Vulpera specific… These places have done the same with EVERY Allied Race.

From PC Gamer: World of Warcraft will let you play as a dinosaur druid soon

Oh goodness, look at them cashing in on that Zandalari popularity! Again, once more, not Vulpera specific.

They are a “Gaming News” website, of course they want hits. But you are trying to word it like its some kind of click bait, bait and switch. Are you telling me that an article on unlocking Vulpera should not have “Vulpera” in the title?

Beca–

Oh, you beat me to it. It is indeed a new fox based ra–

… Oh lord, with this again. You are literally splitting hairs now dude. Also, your follow up of–

Is so absolutely incorrect. You can put a Vulpera and Goblin side by side and IMMEDIATELY tell they use the same model rigging with minor adjustments. Put a Kul’tirian or Zandalari next to ANYONE else and its pretty difficult to tell who they were based off of. If you want to try and make that argument of “They are a brand new normal race” then you are pointing to the wrong race.

Vulpera use the Goblin rigging and its VERY obvious. Yeah, they have had some tweaks, but a new “base” race would require that they have unique and new rigging as well as their own unique starting zone experience. (Which, off topic, concerns me with the Shadowlands revamp on how new base races will be handled moving forward. The starting zone experiences are always so enjoyable with new base races.)

Again, if you want to try to pull the “They are an entirely new base race!” card then you are pointing at the wrong race.

Sounds like an unhealthy obsession on your part. Probably best to walk away, seems to really be getting to you to the point you are making massive stretches, splitting hairs, and trying to find whatever you can to be outraged over no matter how nonsensical it is.

Mmmmmm, I doubt it. I think there will be an initial flood of Vulpera but give it from 8.3 to 9.0 and things will most likely even out.

Whaaaaat? People using video games to make a profit outside of a video game? Artists taking commissions for peoples OC’s? Gaming News sites doing articles on new/upcoming features to a game? Nooooooooooooo, it can’t be.

Again, you keep playing it up like this is unique to Vulpera at a paranoid level. What’s next? Blizzard going to work with the US Government to beam Vulpera into your dreams at night?

Because Vulpera have been worked on since the start of BFA and people found it immediately…?

That the Mechagnomes have not been and were only really introduced in 8.2 and hinted at before that point?

Its so weird that an Expansion Launched NPC race that was rigged to be playable from the start, immediately found out by players, and immediately attempted to be covered up like how Worgen and Goblins were with the Hallows End Mask leak would actually be a lot more polished after almost two years.

Giving players something they have asked for is a smart business decision? Really? I would have never guessed that. And yes, people wanted this. The Vulpera community is by far the largest AR community on these forums, I would argue larger and more organized than the High Elf Community though the HE threads have a lot more activity.

Why is it surprising that Blizzard would give players something that has been so vocally requested?

See, now you are once again just trying to force outrage when there is no coloration between those things.

Dude… All you had to say was “I don’t like Vulpera”, that’s literally it. You are trying to build a mountain out of something that’s not even a molehill… its more like a minor lump.

Trying to point the finger like a lot of GD always does, just instead of being pointed at Ion its pointed at Vulpera today and then tomorrow it will be pointed at who knows what.

The same thing was done with Kul’tirians and how much development time Blizzard admitted they took. People used that as a scape goat at the time as well, and to no success.

Worgen are just pandering to the furries and ruining my fantasy world! What? Werewolves are a fantasy trope and have been for ages? I don’t care, that does not support my narrative.

Pandaren are just cashing in on Kung-fu panda? What? They have been in Warcraft since WCIII? I don’t care, that does not support my narrative!

I find it funny that every time a non-humanoid race gets added there is always the same kinds of responses. Its so weird seeing fantasy elements in a fantasy game.

I mean, if we want to be accurate… The Blood Elves were added to the Horde because of polling in the Asian Market on what they wanted to see in the Horde last time I looked into this. I am not sure how many people here have seen Asian MMO’s but they all are literally baby faced, skinny, anime characters because that’s what draws attention. Its still rare to see a proper beard in an Asian MMO or gruff player characters.

Blood Elves were legitimately given to the Horde to fill a niche in the Asian Market.

Its being smart in terms of business to give people the things they like and yet that idea soars over peoples heads so often… or devolves into “B-B-But they don’t do the things I like such as X, Y, or Z!!!1!”

I mean… yeah… yeah that is true.

Alliance only Bee Mount says hello. Alliance only Hippo mount also says Hello. I mean, there are probably more points that could be made but I am too tired at this point to think of any more.

Translates to “Even if they give us what we whine and complain about we are still going to whine and complain because we didn’t get it sooner!”

Dude, I am all for negative feedback but again, it just sounds like you are wanting a reason, a cause, to be outraged over.

Yeah, just what we need, more lore inconsistencies.

“Hey, remember those purge squads we sent after you guys? Yeah, well, want to join our faction now?”

No. First of all you have no understanding of hardware or software limitations and have now just over taxed your servers excessively, thus creating connection issues that would IMMEDIATELY start a community fire on the forums.

Second you have now forced that many more characters into each phase creating more lag for people with lower end PC’s, like it or not WoW was always designed with low end players in mind to hook the most people possible.

Third, you have taxed the servers that handle character transfers causing the queues to skyrocket in addition to literally throwing the servers IMMEDIATELY out of balance again as people scatter to different places.

Fourth, as long as Racial Abilities exist there will always be faction imbalance and simply being able to “choose” a faction won’t fix anything. While your idea sounds good on paper, its not going to work out the way you think it would.

You have done NOTHING but make the situation worse because you lack absolutely any understanding on how anything works on the backend and honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if you retort with “Well, just upgrade the servers, problem solved” which would only further prove you don’t even grasp how these things work.

No, it wouldn’t happen because that would literally create more problems than it would solve.

Oh dear lord, why? So he is just the target for hate now? I swear, the WoW playerbase have memories like goldfish. Ghost Crawler was just as hated and despised as Ion is because the WoW community wants someone to point a finger at and blame for everything they dislike in the game and its always one person who gets the blame.

Being game director is literally wearing a big sign that basically says “Hate me!” just like with everything in this community. Its always finding someone else to blame.

Again, the Alliance Purge Squads say hello. I am sure the Vulpera are just willing and ready to forgive all that nonsense.

I think its really unfortunate on how much transmog is hidden. If they were to show transmog for everything except feet (Like trolls, tauren, ect) and hands (Wrist to fingertip) I think they would look much better.

It honestly feels like a bad experiment that I keep hoping they will re-consider.

Vulpera huh? That was the breaking point? Pandaren and Worgen are okay, foxes though break the game?

Forget Vulpera Druids, where are my Vulpera Paladins! >:(

Could of fooled me.

Where on earth have you seen any of that… Are you Talking about the Kyrian and Night Fae?!

First of all, those are not “Alliance Races”. They are neutral. Alliance and Horde don’t mean jack in the afterlife.

Second, the Kyrian look NOTHING like Kul’tirian women at all.

Third, You complain about Vulpera in this game as being so unique and different to a point that it literally fills you with spite and hate and then the moment you see another Humanoid its “Oh god, its just a blue human”. Getting a real echo in here, but you are absolutely looking for something to be outraged over dude.

Fourth, The Night Fae are not Horses and I am not even sure how you could even consider them anyway remotely horse like. They have hooves so they are a horse? Are Draenei and Tauren horses too? They are based on Satyrs and Fauns, things like Pan in greek mythology.

Not horse people and this is what really frustrates me with this community. They talk up how all these things are “ruining the game” or “don’t belong in fantasy settings” when half this stuff is pulled from ancient mythos and fantasy settings to begin with.

Again, so weird to see fantasy in a fantasy world. Its so shocking.

Glad I am not the only one seeing this.

Glad I am not the only one to point that out too.

And Worgen… And Motorcycles… and a lot of things actually. There is always someone tryign to turn nothing into an end of the world situaton.

They still could. We have two more slots left to fill and the Worgen rigging has not been used yet, which the Sethrak conveniently use :wink: Good time to continue making voices heard for these guys in one of the Sethrak AR threads.

… You are joking, right? The strongest and most profitable Vulpera racial, not even a combat racial, got entirely removed and replaced with more bag space. Thats buffing?

Okay dude, whatever you say. The Mechagnomes still have incredibly powerful combat racials.

I mean, outside of a brief mention in War of the Ancients, not even having a proper name yet, they have not been brought up.

I mean, Alliance does get shafted a lot… but they play it up way more than what it is.

Says the fancy british werewolves in top hats?

See, someone did a mockup model with tails and I honestly thought they looked bad. I am sure Blizzard could make them look good though and I am hoping the Worgen Playerbase gets that option with all the new customization options coming in 9.0 :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and Pandaren DK’s. I know its been requested for a while by Pandaren fans.

I am really happy DK’s are getting some love, its been really sad to see all these new AR’s come out and DK’s and DH’s get shafted.

I mean, personally, I think Mechagnomes are cool and plan to make one, however I dislike how much equipment is hidden on them.

r00d.

Honestly, I expect a massive initial flood and then for things to tapper out.

Eyup, and its not even unique to Vulpera with half the things he is trying to get upset about such as “Gaming News” sites talking about new stuff and artists drawing people’s OC’s.

PREACH! Seriously, not every race needs to satisfy everyone. When you try to please everyone you please no one.

We are still learning more about the bag of tricks racial, but yeah… Mechagnomes stomp Vulpera in terms of combat racials but Vulpera have a lot of out of combat utility which I personally love.

I would rather have fun racials over a 1-2% combat advantage.

I mean, I am just going to say this right now… Most of the population imbalance comes from racials and big, vocal, influencers (Not asmon, but actual world first high end players) saying “This is what’s best” and then fans flocking to the side with the greener grass.

There was a time where this Alliance and Horde faction imbalance was the other way around.

I mean… I would argue that its pretty hard to mess up a re-skin and would say that Void Elves, High Mountain Tauren, and Maghar also fit in that boat.

Ogres deserve to be a base race, not an Allied Race. Don’t sell Ogres short, they deserve more. No offense to Allied Race fans but Ogres deserve to be a new core race with how iconic and rooted in the lore that they are as well as how prominant they were to the original Horde.

You just gotta peel through the layers.

That’s a gross generalization/stereotype. The same can be said about literally any fandom. Anime fandom and a certain paddle fad, Rick and Morty fandom and the McDonalds sauce fiasco, every fandom has its darker sides but people choose to ignore everything else because it does not fit their narrative.

Two more slots coming up, Alliance could still get something huge.

Man, this post got long. Wonder if I have broken a record yet on these forums or not.

17 Likes

I had an unhealthy obsession with fantasia and never once clicked lalafel. Thank Hate.

The vulpera hype a little out of hand. I kinda want to see the drama that would follow if when 8.3 comes out, Blizz says “just kidding, Horde is getting evil Furbies as their allied race instead”.

Yeah those fandoms you mentioned are messed up the Rick and Morty fans are some of the most annoying but no where near the same level of how do I put this colorful behavior the furries get found doing.

Its like the Sonic fandom that fandom is cancer I wouldn’t ever want to be associated with like the furrie fandom.

As things as they are, sadly the Alliance would probably get:

• Alterac Humans while Horde gets Ogres
  • Lightforged Undead while Horde gets Sethrak

The amount of effort being put into Alliance races is disgusting.

1 Like

W… What would Alterac Humans even be at this point? I feel like lore wise they have pretty much melded with normal humans as Alterac is kinda in ruins.

Also, I 100% doubt Horde would get Sethrak considering they have Vulpera. I doubt the two would want to be in the same room as each other.

I feel like Sethrak have a good chance of joining the Alliance.

1 Like

This isn’t true. The two concept images by Wei that I’m familiar with for the females both have tails in them.

I don’t care either way if they do or don’t have tails… just saying.

As for the topic of the thread… No, mechagnomes aren’t going to be as popular as Vulpera but I do have several friends that are excited about them.

The Vulpera were always going to drive some $$$ though.

No idea but the way Blizzard are continuing to go on for Alliance, they gave us what? Slightly bulkier humans for which we are apparently supposed to be grateful because random 3d skeleton made from scratch.

The whole point of choosing a race is to create something different which is also why Ion himself didn’t want to give Alliance the race which must not be named.

Slightly bulky humans should have been a customization. Now the trend continues in slightly more mechanized gnomes while the Horde get a unique look.

Who even cares about this background 3d model or unique animations if you don’t get a unique look which is the whole point of choosing a race to create?

I will never understand why people keep saying this. The Alliance doesn’t help or assist, and barely even interacts with or even knows of, the Sethrak.

2 Likes

Whale players like cute things. Its targeted specifically to abuse people who obsess with cute things, which are easily exploited. Its just easy money for Blizzard.

1 Like

Because “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. The Faithless just took one heck of a beating from the Horde (lore wise) and now the Vulpera join the Horde. Id be looking to get some payback if I were them.

Look at the Forest Trolls in TBC after the Blood Elves joined the Horde. The forest trolls were once Allies to the Horde and the moment the Blood Elves joined they immediately became heated enemies.

Who you form an Alliance with can impact your enemies greatly.

1 Like

Where in the world are you getting this from?

Ive seen nothing saying wed get two more races.

And something does need to be done about racials. I propose getting rid of combat racials. There, equality attained.

Except the Alliance did next to nothing for the sethrak.

Why in Hate would they join the Alliance?

1 Like

I’m sorry to the people who like the vulpera but I find them really stupid. I honestly think the allied races are changing the game way to much and honestly makes me take a step back from wow as a whole. I don’t know what was wrong with the original races and why they need to add so many. pretty soon youll be able to play as any race in the game which makes you not unique at all. think what you guys want but I’m personally against all the allied races. aside from void elf and nightborne which are kinda cool I guess

1 Like

I doubt Blizzard is worried about following the lore or keeping logic or lore progression when they are thinking about the game these days.

Looking at the sham of a faction war and the Horde’s merry go around and the Alliance being Lawful Stupid, I wouldn’t place such high hopes