Vrykul Allied Race

I want a Vrykul on a Mechanostrider.

Sounds like a good idea. We can have ogres and you can have vrykul.

6 Likes

I am not opposed to Horde having Ogres. I am sure there are some Alliance who would feel like they are missing out, horde that hate ogres and don’t think its fair, etc., but just at a glance this seems fair to me.

2 Likes

Well yeah. There are no scenarios in this game that make everyone happy, but at least the majority of both sides would be happy.

1 Like

I am sure a lot of people would play them. They are too big for my tastes.

1 Like

Nope. Never saw the appeal in them. Frankly they’re too big and I can’t imagine any Vrykul clan allying with the “lesser” races.

Kul’Tiran’s are fat humans, and Vrykul are simply tall ugly humans. The big difference is the lore can easily support having Kul’Tiran join the Alliance.

Only it’s not and Players have been asking for Dark Irons and and Mag’har to be playable for years.

Unless you mean the grinding side of it.

1 Like

Well, considering we have humans, S humans , XS humans , furry humans and soon L humans, we might as well have XL humans.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a good point you brought up! Sorry, don’t know how to reference previously typed posts the way you all do :sweat_smile: The Vrykul or another race of the Legion expansion may have been a more fitting choice than the two made up ones at the end. I don’t play alliance so I have no idea, but seeing as we helped the various inhabitants of the Broken Isles, it was a great stepping stone, along with their inclusion into the horde scenarios and cut scenes, that made their inclusions meaningful and wholfully significant, filled with purpose and intent. That’s why I love having the Highmountain Tuaren and Nightborne and soon to be Zandalari on the horde - it feels very complete and nature.

Back to your insight of having some other races who we also helped during Legion, join the alliance, I think would feel like it works a bit better, as their stories were rooted in Azeroth and through our (your) help, strengthens their inclusion into your faction. Good thinking! Going forward that would probably be the best starting point for an allied race, and leave the new playable races (whether new races or older races who are already part of the world, such as goblins, naga, etc) have their own starting zones and stories.

…you mean the Kul Tirans? Because that’s exactly what they are.

The Drust were a tribe of Vrykul that settled in Drustvar. They were killed off by the Waycrests’ forces in a war, but some of them survived/switched sides and cross-bred with the humans that won the war after it was over.

Their children are the Kul Tiran allied race being released in 8.5.

1 Like

I mean… Nightborne are weird Night Elves, Void Elves are a weird Blood Elf, Dark Iron Dwarves are flamey Dwarves, Lightforged Draenei are Draenei with some different horns and some tats… and so on…

They have shown that they can mess with the lore any time they want to really to fit just about anything with allied races. Look at how thin the idea behind Void Elves was.

We need to gather people friendly with the idea and start a megathread, Vrykul are a fan favorite race, it’s time to Blizzard to consider this demand.
But i rather have them being a Base Race with a starting zone and unique models instead of a Allied Race

6 Likes

Northrend Vrykul for the Horde and Broken Isles Vrykul for the Alliance.

Only Northrend Vrykul Broken Isles Vrykul would be fine with humans.

Male Tauren already clip through everything its not a problem.

2 Likes

You know, I was picturing more the big fellas on the coast with the wild beards and the dragon prowed ships, not so much the grain fed fellas from the Deadmines with goblins riding on their backs.

But, its a fair point. Fair point.

If this thread grows big enough maybe I could change it to the “mega thread”, but two issues: one I don’t feel like I am the one that should start a mega anything. I am a simple dweeb here on the forums, and second I don’t have a big long post about the whys and whats of Vrykul (like the HE megathread has all of this in depth content in the first post for theirs and I think that is important to a good megathread).

So essentially if some really REALLY Lore savvy person came up with ideas and history for them, that would be a good jumping point for a mega thread.

1 Like

Hey, underneath those rolls lie layers, and layers of sea-hardened muscle.

We can pick up suggestions and ideas from many different people, but i can see a problem: it seems like we have players competing on which faction they should go, and this might be a big barrier against a large effort such as a megathread.

Oh! I didn’t know that! what cool lore! their appearance does look like a mix of between vrykul and humans, as well as being sea-hardy and living among the ocean, cliffs and woods, and being slightly tall and needing strength for whaling, fighting giants and reeling in large bundles of fishing nets. Kind of exciting that those who play kul’tirans will have human and vrykul lore in their ancestry. Thank you!

…and beer.

Don’t forget beer. Gut like that? Beer is usually involved.

I want them but they have the same problem as ogres. Ogres and Vrykul tower over taurens.