Volume of Tier 4 token pieces

In original TBC once a guild fulfilled the requirement of SSC and TK attunement, after essentially killing Magtheridon you could wander over to SSC or TK and start killing trash and bosses there. So the issue of obtaining tier 4 items wasn’t that problematic because gear/items were obtainable elsewhere in other raids.

However since release of Classic TBC Magtheridon is essentially the last boss and what I’m noticing not just for myself but in general is people are getting quite disgruntled and frustrated (Inc myself) that only one token drops off of these bosses with a week long reset.

I strongly recall these bosses dropping 2 or 3 tokens each in TBC. Why 1?

This is just my opinion, but where I stand is I hit 70 exactly 8 days after launch and was raiding Kara that week. As a prot warrior, I am yet to see a token for my set drop off any of the bosses and considering the time investment with absolutely nothing to show for it. Is beyond ridiculous.

In order to artificially stretch out current content.

I’m not particularly happy with it myself. And, if it had to be just 1 Token, I’d have preferred it be relegated universally rather than to 3 particular classes at a time.

Then again, in hindsight, this is what make the Personal Loot option in Retail such an attractive venue.

1 Like

Well they’ve already stretched out content by releasing it in blocks of patches with significant time between each release.

It seems like this additional step of limiting tokens for gear is completely unnecessary.

If they truly wanted to stretch content and slow progression. Retune the bosses in SSC and TK and increase their difficulty. Stop punishing players with limited crappy RNG.

It wasn’t any different in the original release…
SSC and the eye got released in “:phase 2”. They weren’t accessible from the get-go.
While Hyjal technically was in in phase 1, it was so buggy that it got gated behind SSC and the Eye which in itself was so buggy that after being released in P2, it took over 90 days to clear it…

I agree. If you do the math on it and we get a Phase 2 release in August, it means we were give 3 months or 12 weeks to get these pieces.

If you have a guild with 25 people and you’re only allotted 1 token per the bosses that drop them 1 time per week, that gives you 12 weeks to gear 25 people with a full set of T4.

That’s also if the appropriate tokens drop for each respective class in your raid.

Completely unrealistic.

SSC and The Eye were released with original TBC launch.

7 Likes

It’s not much different than it was in vanilla. Vanilla was two drops per 40, or 1 per 20. Gruul’s/Mag is only slightly worse at 1 per 25, with more flexibility than in vanilla because each can be used by 3 classes (so less chance of one rotting). I’d call that a wash.

I think it only feels worse because tier drops in Kara are DOUBLE the rate of vanilla at 1 per 10.

It helps that Gruul’s and Mag are so short, with almost no trash, so it shouldn’t be difficult for guilds to keep it on the schedule as we head into T5 content, sort of like most guilds kept clearing Rag/Ony while doing BWL. Gruul’s/Mag takes less than an hour per week.

1 Like

tier tokens were updated to 2x drop in 2.1 patch. 5 months after launch. Hyjal couldnt be accessed until KT was killed, and KT was purposely bugged to prevent his death.

Phase 2 needs 2 tier tokens because theres not enough time and consistent RNG to give enough people tier before phase 3. Like RNG being that mag has dropped the same tier tokens every week, leaving the other 2 token based classes without any tier going in new raids.

2 Likes

I assume SSC/TK then BT/Hyjal then SW will be 6-8 months long each, right? How do you spread out the remaining 3 raid releases over 2 years otherwise? It appears p1 will only be 3 months which makes sense. Probably SW will be out for closer to 8-9 months then.

Stop crying we are getting p2 and more gear will drop. No idea why you retail players cry at the drop of a hat if you’re not bis in one week.

7 Likes

There’s a 0.06% chance of you not seeing a single warrior t4 token in 7 lockouts. If that truly is the case, then all I have to say to you is

Stay mad

1 Like

Don’t you just love all the drama being centered around guaranteed drops?

Interesting you saying that. Considering I stopped playing retail by Cataclysm…almost exclusively played Vanilla and TBC private servers in the interim.

And yet my grievance still stands, that this is not true TBC as it was released back in the day and even then I’m almost certain Gruul, High King and Magtheridon dropped two pieces of tier tokens each. Plus as I previously stated. Once Mag was dead and people were attuned most guilds shuffled off to SSC or TK to fill the gap on gear…at current they cannot.

So the argument of “what are you crying about” “not BIS in a week”. Neither points are even remotely accurate. I have been waiting patiently on countless drops…to drop. No complaints or “crying” about that. My grievance is outlined, that the single token drop is harming more than helping the game and it’s players. Making it two tokens, as it was, will alleviate a sore spot for raiding.

1.It’s a good thing you don’t actually need set bonuses.
2. You’ve had more drops from raiding than I have.

I really don’t understand why people have this over abiding hard-on for tier. Theres gear out there just as good or better while the set bonuses in many cases are so neglible that they’re not worth the effort to acquire.

Your entire premise is incorrect. There was only 1 tier token per boss on release. A second tier token wasn’t added until 2.1 when Black Temple was released.

2 Likes

Also to add it was a third token for 2.4.3, The beauty of TBC is it as it progresses it becomes accessible naturally, the focused raiders get pre nerf and their titles, the casual side gets their easier raids over time and more token drops added and another 10 man after BT, plus badge gear.

Go back to retail no one cares about your p servers which are inaccurate.

This is just wrong.

Did you know … that in OG TBC, guilds had already cleared every boss in SSC except Vashj by day 59? Today is day 62 of TBCC and SSC isnt even out yet.

um, wut?

The mage tier 5 set bonus is arguably the strongest set bonus in the history of WoW

5 set huh?

He probably meant 4-set, but there are 5 pieces to the set.

Hopefully he’s not a nuclear engineer…