Vol'jin and the hand of valor storyline?

Didn’t he also threaten to raise the mage player should they fail? I know he threatened to do the same to the DK player should they fail in acquiring the shards of Frostmourne in ICC

2 Likes

i thought they ignored that in favour of the “your tie w azeroth was too strong for me to break” line from Muezhala in DOS?

1 Like

I just figured that was Mueh’zala either not knowing that there was a hand of valor that saved Azeroth, not reveal exactly who or what helped save Vol’jin from the Maw, or Vol’jin’s strong ties to Azeroth being the method in which the hand of valor saved Vol’jin.

2 Likes

To me “touched by the Hand of Valor” felt like it was refering to Odyn. Halls of Valor, Hand of Valor. But it was likely Rezan since his story concluded in Ardenweald where Vol’jin ate his soul. It was possibly vauge by design.

I’m leaning more towards rezan. Since it was him who did give vol’Jin the last of his power

2 Likes

The Arbiter was in full working order steadfastly doing her eternal work literally until the soul of Argus slammed into her and gave her a computer virus. No Loa, no Eternal could intervene in her work without her being fully aware. Especially if it involved throwing souls into the maw which was always the most literal last resort. One could say well it happened to arthas but arthas was “infected” by domination magic and that was her fatal flaw. It’s what the dreadlords spent millennia secretly pumping into Argus to force his soul to hurdle to the maw. It hit her on the way down.