đŸ“© "Void" the Silver Covenant

But if Blizzard acknowledges the Silver Covenant as a sub-faction again, that means that have the admit the Alliance has a sizable force of High Elves.

And that goes against their High Elves on the Horde narrative.

2 Likes

Indeed, not just in numbers but in story too

They were always a subfaction my suggestion would turn them into a subfaction for an actually playable race

Yes it is. The time for mass conversion was at the beginning of their story, not the middle. To add the entire Silver Covenant at this point would just be asinine, and nothing more than a ham-fisted attempt on Blizzards part to wipe out High Elves.

Void Elves were created by an accident. A botched attempt to turn them into ethereal/void creatures. There is no conversion ritual with Ren’dorei as an end result. It’s still not clear whether or not they’re even capable of adding to their own ranks. The idea that an old god would attempt to change all of the Silver Covenant into void creatures and be interrupted in the exact same way with the exact same result 
 that goes beyond even Blizz’s sub par story telling.

2 Likes

I would actually like to “void” all of the sunreavers instead. It makes more sense for blood elves to seek the void as a source of power. Then you have Aethas fawning over the power at Argus. Plus there is the spicy drama of blood elves jumping ship on the horde en masse.

i thought void elves were the silver covenant elves?? i dont play alliance so im not sure
 not too familiar with their lore

:thinking:

100% of the only maybe 20 tops Ren’dorei are former Blood Elves and not a single Void Elf is a former High Elf.

3 Likes

Okay, would you care to explain what’s wrong with doing it now? other than that “It’s too late for that”? it’s not like doing that will wipe out all the remaining high elves, if you read my previous posts I also suggested that high elves would still be in the silver covenant but the void elves made up the majority of them.

Why would they? Sunreavers are loyal to the horde, the blood elves who became void elves are not. Silver Covenant on the other hand is also maybe loyal to the Alliance

And that link is still not a Void Elf. Maybe one day he will be but right now
 not a Void Elf. There is currently no way to duplicate the accident that created the first Void Elves.

And even when they inevitably find a way
 what kind of person in their right mind would want to saddle themselves with sanity-threatening voices for the rest of their lives? And would Umbric and his followers want to give such a person that kind of power?

It would take a very specific set of circumstances to drive someone to willingly subject themselves to such a transformation. Just doing it “for power” won’t fly. Umbric and Alleria will almost certainly be filtering out the “applicants” for any power hungry madmen who want to go even crazier by adding old god voices to their heads.

The list of people signing up will be a short one, and the list of accepted applicants even shorter. And even for the accepted, not every one will be a success story. A few of the acceptables will inevitably fail to control the whispers and have to be put down.

There is no plausible scenario where High Elves flock to Umbric and Alleria to be turned into Void Elves en masse, barring some sort of life ending calamity that actually threatens their existence and makes risking madness a preferable option.

what I loved about the priest order hall run. At a few points they make you go holy.

okay
need the bit done. Fine lets be a holy void elf priest.

Or, ya know
 the Velfs could just join the Silver Covenant and combine ranks. No conversion of Helfs needed. Velfs would be more accepted as a whole that way. And it boosts the Silver Covenant. It’s not as if the SC is some Helf cultural thing. It’s just that some of those who were left grouped up under a common banner. Cousins and cousins banding together sounds like a decent idea to me.

Well they could always expand on that in the future, such as an “accident” happening in the silver covenant HQ which is what I am suggesting.

I mean why won’t they? they have already freely invited students to study the void on their space rock.

I didn’t suggest that the silver covenant would do it just for power
 well that was my other suggestion but my main one is that since the upcoming expansion may be void related another accident could happen that would force most of them to seek aid from the Void Elves to help them not descend into madness like Alleria did with the current void elves, it could make for some interesting stories, characters, development, and outcomes.

You don’t even need an accident. The SC could simply want to help the Velfs. As you said, they’re already out there studying, so they could all just band together. No one needs to be converted to a Velf. These cousins don’t hate each other.

1 Like

How many “accidents” will have to happen to keep the Void Elf numbers stable and make up for casualties of war?

Let’s leave the Silver Covenant alone. Especially since they are the most significant High Elven presence in the Alliance Military and one of the strongest springboards for playable Alliance High Elves we have.

Their numbers are dwindling. After all of the wars they’ve been in over these expansions, there can’t be that many left. And there weren’t a ton to begin with.

Let’s not turn this into a playable Helf thread, either.

1 Like

But that’s what it is. Or rather its a thinly veiled attempt to remove that source of Alliance Allied High Elves from the arguments in favor of playable Alliance High Elves.

I don’t care about the BS being tossed around here. I see this exactly for what is it. The OP is a known opponent of playable Alliance High Elves. This is just a way to try and weaken the arguments for their inclusion.

1 Like

So turn it into what I mentioned.

I’d much rather any focus given to the Silver Covenant be put towards setting the stage for playable Alliance High Elves in the not too distant future.

Welp, then you’re in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

This is a void elf thread, and even then there would still be high elves in stormwind, i’m not asking to change those, but nevermind that back on topic

From their numbers during the battle of dazar’alor, and considering that B/H elves are coming to their space rock and talking to void walker something, plus the fact that there are “new initiates” being trained by other void elves

it seems like becoming a void elf can easily be replicated, I was just suggesting SC to be voided against their will by some foe (maybe an old God) because it would make their turn more reasonable.

1 Like

There is no process to make new Void Elves yet. The devs have even stated as much and that Void Elves are looking into a way to make more.

You can’t use the in game numbers for any kind of census. Void Elves are Umbric’s “squad”, there’s like 12 of them, but the devs go with the philosophy of “theres as many as we need there to be on the screen”.

There are only a handful of void elves in actuality. Umbric’s crew was a small one, and as per the devs the Void Elves currently have no way to make more.

1 Like