Void elves

No it was long after. I was not talking about difference of opinion at all. I know very well what I was referring to.

4 Likes

Itā€™s spam. Deserves a flag, imo.
I feel like youā€™re trying really hard to make something out of nothing though.

2 Likes

Yes weā€™ve been over that.

Iā€™m still not going to let up on the fact that Soule (and some others) clearly are ok with flagging different opinions as seen that they liked a post advocating to flag every post mentioning void elves.

Youā€™re free to be wrong.

2 Likes

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If you really believe that, you are the only one reaching here.

Iā€™m quite fine with different opinions. Donā€™t try to interject what I was actually posting about without even reading the thread.

4 Likes

Clearly you arenā€™t otherwise why would you like this post?

Imagine concentrating on someone pointing out spam and others agreeing w them as opposed to flat out insults over pixel elves.

If people see something as spam and flag it thatā€™s between them and the mods, if the post gets restored it sends the message the opinion of it being spam was wrong and people know for next time. Itā€™s not on a random forum poster to zone in on peoples perception of spam the way it is for forum posters to call out bad behavior.

Personal insults in a thread during conversation effects the people in said thread, peoples opinion that something is spam effects them and the mods, one seems pertinent to comment on, the other does not.

3 Likes

My name isnā€™t Matt. Iā€™m not sure why you are quoting me someone elseā€™s post

You liked that post.

You signaled your agreement to it.

It was a misclick from scrolling. Iā€™m on a cellphone.

2 Likes

Alright then youā€™re fine :+1:

Please point out where spam was mentioned in that post.

Iā€™ll wait.

The point is people thought the post was in reference to it being spam and the follow up convos have been around what constitutes spam or not, all of which is between an individual and the mods if they flag something.

Not really anyones place to interview each person individually on what they think is or is not spam, not really the same thing as commenting on personal insults that effect people present in threads.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even see that post and now it wonā€™t let me unlike itā€¦

WoW forums in a nutshell.

1 Like

Or I could just take the post at face value and not attempt mental gymnastics to justify it.

OMG
Your outfit is amazing! That is all I have to contribute to this thread.

1 Like

I saw the post and liked it I sympathized w the frustrations expressed in the post Iā€™m actually very reserved w my own flags but it to me was in reference of spam which I agree is a problem w these threads.

2 Likes

wowā€¦Youā€™re very gracious. :joy_cat:
There were other things written in that post. Maybe others liked it for that? He didnā€™t mention spam but I did when I read itā€¦to mean spam. Itā€™s also not a far reach to consider it trolling.

3 Likes

And you were told itā€™s not going to happen 15 years ago, but you people still ask for it over and over in complete disregard for the lore and what the devs told you. I have no insight into Blizzard HQ, but I am exceptionally certain that the reason Nightborne and Void Elves were added was as a marketing stunt to string the High Elf zealots along, and then drip-feed them High Elf customization options over time so they stay longer. But thatā€™s just a theory. Blizzard should have never budged one centimeter on elven races either way.

Kind of sounds like people should just be playing a Blood Elf. With the upcoming cross-faction raiding/instances, you might be able to get what you want without giving up playing with friends.

2 Likes