Void Elves: You are VOID, not blood

Oh My!! careful what you say dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQvfpB_icmU

Is it not possible “embrace the void aspect” of Void Elves and still have blonde hair? I mean Alleria managed it somehow

Personally, I’d like these hair color options to become available for simple variety’s sake:

https://i.imgur.com/MN8kvLv.jpg

And as someone put it quite nicely on MMOChampion’s forums in reference to that pic:

there’s a shade of blonde there, but it’s less Marilyn Monroe and more Everyday Joe. It’s a darker beige rather than the sunny yellow platinum blondes of blood elves, and has a bit of an ombrĂ© effect as it gets darker at the ends. The brown is dark and fairly plain but, along with the beige, I think they’d mollify the high elf-stans as far as hair color goes. The black and white are obvious choices that void elves should have had from the get go, and I doubt anyone would complain about an icy blue hair color as a void elf option. It answers requests for hair colors but still keeps them unique.

Gimme those hair colors, some new hairstyles, and a toggle for the hair tentacles (like the Night Elf hair vines) so I can add tentacles to every hairstyle or remove them if I want to, and I’ll be a pretty happy camper. For icing on the cake, the tentacle glows could have a few color options
 like a dark blue-black glow to match the heritage wings! An eye color option that also matches the heritage wings would also be welcome by me.

9 Likes

How do you know when you’re in the airport who is American and who is from another country? You don’t. The argument that faction identity is based on race and physical appearance is misguided. When people go to war, they wear uniforms and have badges that identify them. Even in WoW different races are a part of factions, like argent dawn, like Kirin tor. They aren’t one race.

2 Likes

While I do appreciate having a range of human skin tones for Void Elves now, I would have really liked to get that dark black skin tone option too, just sayin.

Kul Tiran hairstyles on Void Elves look pretty sweet. I’d welcome those as options.

1 Like

that picture in this post is a perfect example of how dishonest these people are. you know what if they actually lock normal hair colors with the actual void elf skin tones it could work! it would still be a void elf!

1 Like

Dishonest? It’s my opinion that the colors don’t look well with my mage xmogs. Each person is entitled to an opinion. Just because you disagree doesn’t make it dishonest.

6 Likes

I have blood elves and void elves

I got tired of waiting for blizzard to give void elves blonde hair so i just made both

It’s not even a big deal at this point

Horde just REEEEEEeeeeeees that alliance players who cannot stand horde,
now also can play that pretty race
(and horrified that some people oh gosh, could switch back to the alliance bcs of that).

2 Likes

Alliance has no endgame progression really so unlikely, not to mention if Alliance players are ditching Alliance for Horde for Blood Elves or Vulpera which I just read a thread about what does that say about Alliance in reality?

1 Like

It says that people like to play what they want. They don’t need to justify why they play either side. I play both horde and alliance. I like both for different reasons. The faction war horde vs alliance is so tiresome.

7 Likes

By that logic I should be able to bring my Alliance characters to Horde because I like Horde side better.

So do I and so does most people, not sure why that is even relevant.

And this I didn’t even mention at all so either add context or pointless as well.

1 Like

yes why should you lot be the only ones to get what you want?

i would like to play a night elf druid on the horde

i can be like elsharin(one of the 4 actual alliance high elves). maybe i was kicked out of the alliance and am now forced to rely on the horde for survival. ill be an extremely rare sight and met with a cold reception but damn, im a paying customer too let me play what i want to play!

1 Like

<----wants actual black hair. You know, ‘black as the void’ and all that. Can’t be a true goth without black hair ;
;

Stop right there.

This is a spam thread.

This is the thread this should be discussed in.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/continuation-of-new-customisation-options-for-void-elves-blood-elves-misc-high-elves/593526/1

1 Like

This is completely valid.

I keep telling you that will never happen, everyone needs or rather wants their own thread.

1 Like

Your comment makes no sense. I’m not talking about race/classes at all. If you want to argue about why nightborne aren’t druids, go ahead. Leave me out of that.

Alliance players playing blood elves and vulpera are actually just players. I doubt that most people are exclusively playing one faction 100% of the time.

3 Likes

. . . I could point out the OP’s choice of customization but it’s been done to death at this point.

As for blonde, red, orange, silver, and brown hair “not being lore friendly” keep in mind that Alleria is blonde (as has been said) and yea she took a different route then the first playable ones but you gotta remember that the first batch of ren’dorei were the result of a botched ritual that was supposed to turn them into ethereals that we stopped half way. Also Blizzard confirmed that they are not continuing said ritual to make new void elves (would be very dangerous and volatile) so the only way new void elves are being made is by the Alleria route, which doesn’t change their base form, merely adds an echo to their voice.

Now ifin your gonna sit their and tell me that the hair colors I listed are a byproduct of the light and so the void changes a thalassian’s hair color then I’m gonna ask ya to take a seat and think about what you just said.

Lastly as for this “but blonde is what makes blood elves blood elves” argument imma just say that’s a very shallow thing to consider “racial identity” as. Does this hairstyle and color on my head make me a gnome? Do gnomes OWN pink or green hair colors? NO! That would be stupid and ridiculous. Does having blue hair make a Draenei a Draenei? No!

Just some food for thought, sorry about the wall o text here.

11 Likes

You should atleast be happy that we have High Elves now. If you don’t want to be White Hair, White Skin/Brown Skin Color Elf. You can still have the option to go back being a Blueberry.

Plus I don’t see Void Elves having Yellow and Green Eyes as well as Sun Golden Jewelry as well.

It actually does though because you said people want to play what they want, which means if having something is faction specific why should it be available for both sides for one side but not the other?

You’re being a troll at this point. I said people like blood elves and vulpera so they play them. I also said giving more appearance customization to players doesn’t change their racial identity. Being a horde night elf Druid is nowhere near the same thing. This is as irrelevant as blood elf druids or void elf paladins. Someone posted above that their is already a thread about this elsewhere. You can go troll that thread.

I’m off to work o/

2 Likes