Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

I’d rather do my original noob run from Arathi to Badlands through the dwarven tunnels than level in 1k needles ever again :rofl:

1 Like

You all have been pretty much hostile to each other over the past years.

1 Like

Aren’t you the person who disregarded BE player feedback while pushing a pro HE agenda and telling others to have empathy while showing none in your own posts?

BE players / Horde Players / Alliance players who value visual distinction, aren’t being hostile because they don’t support your request, the people being hostile would be the people who have a personal stake in it. Why would it bother me or anyone else that you don’t have what you want? I can see how you not having what you want would bother you however and I can see why if you have a personal stake in it you or others often display hostility to the people who argue in good faith for visual distinction that contrasts your own request.

5 Likes

You’ll forgive me if I have significant trust issues with a person who came into the thread claiming they’d been watching us for years. (or a little over a year in my case as thats as long as I’ve been active on the forums)

Still I don’t think there is anyone here I would class as “evil”.

Overly aggressive, or overly passionate depending perhaps. Outright trollish? That comes up.

But no one here is like… murdering kittens because its makes them happy.

I watched my brother at 60 on his resto druid (Tauren) battle a level 60 prot paladin (human of course) at the great lift back in Vanilla… for four hours. That was among the most amazing things I’ve ever seen.

Brother won but not because either of them could actually beat the other.

The Paladin slipped off the cliff eventually.

4 Likes

The Void Elves also weren’t slaughtered left and right by two huge factions and one neutral nation.

The Undead may very well search refuge with the undead - the exception to this seems to have been the death knights.

1 Like

I have never disregarded anyone’s opinion. However, these topics are a very special breeding ground for a resentful and perplexing discussion culture.

It is very questionable to outline the discussion as if there were “stakes” on the table. This is a fantasy game made by a business company and one of the more infamous topics revolves about the availability of a hair color where passionate players try either approving or denying such idea. Usually this wouldn’t be of any interest but given how long this topic has been pushed upwards from time to time, it surely gets the attention it deserves. At best it is a study subject about player behaviour in my eyes. Nobody will lose some sleep over it.

Please do not speak in my name and what I “want” or “have”. You lack the clarity to describe my playing style, habits and goals in this MMO.

I have been following the US forums for a long time but my interest peaked with the release of Battle for Azeroth and why we couldn’t find enough Alliance-players to kill in the warmode.

For someone who doesn’t want to be spoken for, you sure speak often on the behalf of the “Horde” players you claim to -apparently- often represent, particularly when it comes to acting as if everything we want it’s somehow reprehensible.

6 Likes

To a certain degree, yes. The Alliance is a minority player base compared to the Horde and we should help them if we still care about future game story conflicts with that faction.

1 Like

You think that because you perceive them as a minority they need your help?

That’s really condescending.

Not to mention that the implications here are kind of creepy too, not to mention ironic for someone trying to use the whole “This is just a fantasy game” argument only 2 posts ago to try to say this it’s not that important.

7 Likes

Both factions should be treated equally, and this also includes the amount of the participating players on each side. Blizzard failed to do this. The other discussion is about customization options which take a secondary role and is nowhere comparably important to the health of the game. But I’m sure that blond hair options for the Void Elves would help the Alliance to get some players, similar, how the Blood Elves helped the Horde to gain more players as well.

1 Like

Apparently not if you feel you have to help them.

“Equally” wouldn’t require your magnanimous help.

Now, for someone who sure puts the fact that blood elves players want to keep their uniqueness down as something that is not as important, you sure are giving something as trivial as hair color a lot of importance.

But of course, if I point at the obvious discrepancy, you will add it to your little folder that contains what you deem “aggressive” behavior.

Still, I’ll point the main flaw of your train of thought: Hair color won’t bring in raiders into the Alliance, which is what they need.

If you want to play their hero, get them to start forming a community that focuses on that, not on putting down others “in the name of good”.

5 Likes

It’s not part of the player’s duty to help them, it’s the game developer’s. And they tried and yet it failed to everyone’s surprise.

It has been evident again and again that this is a character fantasy people want to play. I certainly would welcome it as a positive change but this change would not be necessary if they loosen the interaction restrictions further, as they did it in BfA.

That’s true. Free character transfers would.

Because it might be shocking, but they can’t force people to raid.

And it’s been in the Horde, for 15 years. The ones that want to play that, play it.

So… for you it’s either VE players get their way bleaching them off of their uniqueness… or the factions need to come down?

Again, who is really blowing the importance of this out of proportion?

No, people within the Alliance with the will to get content done would. Lack of free transfers never stopped ship jumpers in the past, and free transfers won’t do anything if there’s no reason for people to switch.

3 Likes

Blizzard, of course. They opened the flood gates with the fair-skinned options for Void Elves. I personally still believe they did they due the bad reception of the Mechagnomes, no other AR got any customization options as well.

You won’t know until they actually have tried it on the retail servers.

1 Like

Not to mention directly giving Alliance players a clear and persistent advantage in raid content will most likely do more harm than good. Forcing players to faction switch just to remain competitive will drive more away from the game rather than getting them to jump over.

It’s not an issue that devs can directly get involved with. It’s a community perception and behaviour issue at its core.

No “flood gates” was opened, Void elves got special treatment to cater to a vocal community. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything and everything should be shared now.

4 Likes

But isn’t this what happened the past years when competitive players and “pros” were forced to join the Horde due the larger player pool? There were several topics about it on the forums, MMO-champion, wowhead and so on.

Again, this is a player community driven problem. Can’t really force people to play Alliance if they prefer Horde.

4 Likes

What I do not understand is the aspect that the developers “own” the community and can steer them in any direction. They could open up free transfers at the whim but this did not happen. I don’t think they did a great job in managing the issue so far and it’s very unlikely they will find a satisfying solution too.

Is not Blizzard’s fault that a handful of people can’t be happy with what they have and want even more.

Blood elves players losing their own uniqueness it’s a worthy thing to sacrifice for you.

So much for treating everyone “equal” eh?

To be fair, faction hoppers when it comes to high end content were always a thing, but you’re right, right now in particular, to do something like that right now of all times, it would be beyond risky.

100% this.

5 Likes

Most crossover-races lost their uniqueness several years ago and this statement is surely overrated by now. One of the last nails regarding this argument is the Tongue Elixir which enables players to actually cooperate together to a bigger degree. The problem started with the Pandaren who could join either faction and then as a follow-up certain Allied Races.

They should have never given the Alliance those new Void Elves customization option but when we’re at it, we can also open up the rest of it to the Alliance.

1 Like