Void Elves are still Void Elves

Ah yes, like soft deleting a race that ppl to grew in love with!

You say you don’t support VE transforming into HE but your arguements does not show that.

Reality is no matter how you try to paint a void elf a high elf, it should be and always be a void elf. No blonde options should be added, no BE/HE hairstyles should be added. No arcane looking racials. Void elves needs to be void elves.

The title is a little off-putting but the body is actually pretty pro high elf and void elf. It really came off to me as more of an “if you want to play a high elf with the new customization that’s fine, and if you want to play a less corrupted looking void elf, that’s fine too”

True, but I like the discussions on here, and I do have a right to when those voices pop up to give a voice to the other side.

Yea, I feel pretty confident that void elves won’t be changed, but the forums are primary about the discussion between players and I wanted to voice my thoughts on the subject the same as everyone else.

You’re allowed your opinion, but your crusade on Blizzards crappy decision making is lost on everyone.

They’re not gonna shoot their 3rd shot in trying to land High Elves, when they’ve already had iffy attempts twice already and they’re already seeing most people be ok with this decision, what happens after will happen regardless.

The likes on my posts I make the last few days says differently. and no I do not like my own posts.

For roleplayers, that’s a tremendous boon, regardless of the “brand”.

If visually a void elf can look like an uncorrupted high elf, then that’s what it is for roleplayers, and largely accepted in the community.

1 Like

Untill they go void then the immersion ends. Better luck with this

Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

At least from the point of view of us void elf fans, they’re not getting the customizations because they’re substitute high elves; they’re getting the customizations because that’s how void elves should look, as former high and blood elves.

To the contrary, the “void elf aesthetic” is as much or more Alleria than Umbric. We’ve already got Umbric style skins, so Alleria style skins are what we need.

Void elf players have been asking for Alleria’s skin and hair tones and related tones since BFA prepatch. As pointed out above, the whole void elf story - and yes, there is one - is tied much more closely to Alleria than Umbric. If anything, the availability of blue and purple Umbric style tones only was a slap in the face of void elf players to avoid offending the more selfish of the blood elf players.

I agree the paladin thing seems to be relatively recent. However, I think that’s because the high elf fans are misapprehending the additional void elf customizations. The customizations are not to make void elves into substitute high elves. The customizations are to satisfy requests from void elf fans that date from when void elves first became a race.

Now, if high elf players now feel more comfortable making a void elf and roleplaying it as a high elf, that’s fine. From a practical standpoint, the appropriate void elf customizations will be applicable to high elves, because Alleria and most other void elves are, in fact, former high - or blood - elves.

Players who really want to be playing high elves should really continue to push for actual high elves as well, though.

1 Like

Okay, I love this post, but we got to get away from the whole using “slap in the face”. It just is to… interwebz.

Teasing aside, I really do love this post.

1 Like

But roleplaying (as in the actual activity) rarely involves actual ingame combat… Plus, the void proc, at least to me, is not jarringly noticeable when it happens.

1 Like

Only if you wear armor it isn’t. For those that transmogs that shows more it does. Also don’t address spatial rift. Are you saying rpers don’t actually play the game and would not notice this stuff? That would be insulting them.

The entire story of the Void elves is that they were involved in a Void-infusion accident, that is why there were all purple.

This “isn’t how they were supposed to look like”, these options elude to the High Elves joining their ranks as seen in Telogrus rift, because those are “regular skinned, blue eyed elves”.

Alleria is different than other Void Elves.

“True” Void Elves are the Elves like Umbric, the same ones involved in the Void-experiment, which is what “created” Void Elves to begin with.

Because it makes them more like High Elves, that was the entire point of “less-void” customization options, not to expand the Void aspect of the Void Elves, to expand the High elf aspect that they could have.

This is what i think might happen once these options are more expanded upon in Shadowlands, it seems like it’s what people wanted, but it looks like its going to be more lackluster than people think.

High Elf fans didn’t want to be glued to Void Elves to make High Elves happen, it’s starting to seem like that’s what Blizzard is unfortunately planning.

I dunno. Seems like the options there to play Alleria style void elves.

Alleria style is High Elves, she is a High Elf.

Till she ate the dark naruu, then she became a void elf.

Bet if she removes the hood she’d have tentacles.

No, don’t reach please. I’m just putting stuff regarding the roleplayers’ perspective. In fact, there are a lot of people RPing their void elves as high elves right now and sadly only have the TRP (roleplaying addon that lets you add description tags) to flag them, because that is atm the closest representation they can get from a high elf in alliance. Before that they either used night elf or human models.

Of course… Having the ACTUAL race, without void proc, would be awesome, but it’s not happening, and what we’re being given is a huge leap for rpers regardless.

1 Like

She’s most certainly a void elf. She’s the first void elf. That’s literally her whole legion arc iirc.

1 Like

She’s not a traditional Void Elf, like i told the other one.

Void Elves were made differently than her.

They were an accident, she controls the void intentionally.

She’s a different type of void elf, but she’s still a void elf.

Go watch the Zand trolls unlock quest. She’s seriously void-y

Only thing they got unfortunately is just a skin color change. They will still be labeled void elves.

What do you mean by “skin over”?