Void Elves and their void forms

I’d argue differently considering every time I see Alleria, she turns purple when she’s in her void form.

Regardless - the point is this. If Alleria loses her temper, shenanigans begins happening whether she wants it to, or not. That is the point of Entropic Embrace. “I’m in a fight! Oh hey, the void! Thanks :D”.

But she can still use it freely and will. That happened because of her emotions and anger

1 Like

I’m sorry, but that’s not Void Form. The book specifically tells us Alleria and Turalyon cannot physically touch while she’s in Void Form. On that same page, Turalyon grabs Alleria’s hand, with no indication she’s stopped putting out the ominous aura of void power.

I disagree. There’s nothing to suggest Alleria wasn’t using the power deliberately.

2 Likes

You honestly think Alleria, in the home of the Proudmoore’s on foreign territory in front of everyone would risk a national incident and prep to intimidate or attack the Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras on their soil?

That makes no sense.

Let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

I didn’t get that impression at all from the book. To me it seemed like Alleria was trying to impress upon Jaina the seriousness of the situation and that action was needed, and that Alleria was ready to take action. I think one could argue it is an intimidation tactic, but to think the two would actually fight is laughable. The entire premise of Turalyon and Alleria in the book is literally that Turalyon is, ‘Good Cop,’ and Alleria is, ‘Bad Cop,’ and the dinner scene and how it unfolded is just more proof of that.

I think that may be for the best.

Change is making something different. By advocating for a two forms thing, you’re advocating for a change to the Entropic Embrace. You also mentioned potentially nerfing the damage of it, but even without that it would still be a change.

I’m not trying to argue whether the change is bad. I’m just wondering why I see threads about it every week. I’ve been leveling a Void Elf, and the Entropic Embrace doesn’t seem that bad to me.

It’s not but people will continue to breathe down Blizzard’s neck and continue to try to force them to make changes to a race they didn’t want so it can be high elf lite. It’s aggravating.

It’s not bad. But some players like me want to use the form freely not just for 12 sec. That nerf was only meant if they would to make the racial an active ability. But with that two forms spell the racial doesn’t need to be changed or touched.

Edit: and I won’t be using the high elf options nor I want the race changed into high elves. But that two forms would be something fun to have (and useless for people who don’t want to use it since it doesn’t give you anything buff or boost, such a visual)

1 Like

…Wait.

So you want an upgraded version of void form so that you can toggle it out of combat for RP value, but have it remain the same in actual function in that the graphic and proc will remain the same.

Oh. I think that’s fine. I thought there was a want to get rid of void form. Oh no, I think this is fine, I’d totally use it.

1 Like

When Void Elves first came out there was a lot of disappointment with Entropic Embrace’s visual effect. People were hoping for something more like what Alleria had, and instead got a blue overlay that… well, it’s not the same quality as what Alleria has, that’s for sure.

Couple this with the visual effect from Corrupted Gear (something players have actually asked for a way to turn off because they dislike how it looks), and developing character customization options, and it seems like people are choosing now as the time to bring the problem back up.

Why? Just let people play how they want. Does it really hurt your own experience so badly that other people can just enjoy themselves? Do you really need them to feel a constant prod of annoyance for a visual effect they don’t like as some kind of punishment for daring to want something?

If you want to play a Void Elf, I don’t see how making Entropic Embrace’s visual effect a toggle affects your gameplay at all. It only affects how others play. Don’t be a control freak and feel like you have a right to determine how others should experience the game, especially if it’s in a way that negatively impacts them.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was trying to say. At first I was to change the racial to a toggle but then this better idea came. The racial will stay that spell would be just for visual purposes

1 Like

I’m not being a control freak, but as someone who loves void elves, the high elf community ruining them by making them just high elf lite is annoying. Nothing you say will change my mind on that. Don’t try.

As far as the OP is concerned though, their request isn’t to hide, nor change the racial in combat. It’s just to have a bonus option to toggle it outside of combat for RP value. As I say above, I’m fine with that. That don’t bother me.

But people who try to remove entropic embrace’s graphical effect - no, I won’t let that one slide and I will voice my disagreement with it. You can call me a control freak all you want, but I am most certainly entitled to my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m against that. The racial is what makes them void elves. So NEVER to be removed. I’m kk with high elf skin and hair colors but THATS IT. But not with changing the racial or remove it completely.

2 Likes

Sure, you’re entitled to your opinion. Please continue gatekeeping other player’s experience and enjoyment of the game. It’s worked very well for the crowd who were against High Elves thus far.

I’ll just never understand it. Let the Void Elves have the option to be High Elf lite. It’s better than just adding High Elves outright, no? Or would you rather Blizzard just added High Elves to the Alliance as an Allied Race?

1 Like

They already did with these skin tones. The damage is done. At this point, I am indifferent. But I will not stick around and let someone ruin a race I actually love, I will voice my disagreement, and you can get over it. Voicing my disagreement with such notions is why the forums exist.

Further, no one gatekeeps anything. Blizzard gatekeeps things. Voicing disagreement with something does not equal gatekeeping, and thinking it does means you have a skewed perception. People can have an opinion, but that opinion doesn’t actually do anything. It’s Blizzard that actually does things.

2 Likes

Void elves are pretty close to perfect to me - I love both the lore and the aesthetics. The racials are also great for the classes I play. When Void Elves were announced I knew that I would have to make one.

All I would ask is to give us more Void-specific customizations.

3 Likes

Don’t worry they will add more. This request is simply for a two forms option visual spell. But the racial will remain the same and it will work the same

Yes please! I’d love to be able to rock the Void appearance at will as opposed to wishing it would last more than 12 seconds. I’d also love to be able to customize the colors as seen in this picture.

https:/ /i.imgur.com/T2wuYNh.jpg

I know these images were designed as Void Elf Skin tones, but I’d love the ability to shift from a regular appearance to the photo negative colors that Alleria has in her form, bringing us closer to her fantasy. I love the duality behind this idea, a true second form like Blizzard initially described it when BFA was being developed.

I would also be fine with some of these options being added to the base form, especially those hair colors, which would be the best hair color in the game.

And the Worgen? Well I’d give them the option to shift between forms at will, not just out of combat.

3 Likes

I think the reason why Blizzard won’t let worgen use their human forms is because of Druid class since they could play human druids. But I really agree. They need to let players control the form.

1 Like