Void Elves and their void forms

So when Void elves were announced Blizzard said their void forms would work similarly like the worgen form works but in the end it ended up being a proc which lasts only 12 sec. And I was thinking with the new High Elf options for both races why not make the Entropic Embrace an active ability so players can toggle the form whenever they want or make it like the worgen form works, full on the entire time. Right now the Void Elves don’t reflect what they are supposed to be, they are just emo purple elves. Why can’t they control their void forms? They are supposed to be masters of the void.
I know at the moment the racial has a 5% damage buff but they can always change it to a 1% or maybe 2% damage buff.

Or I have a better idea:

They could simply add a “cosmetic spell” which works similar to the moonkin or shadow form but without the buff. That way the racial will stay as it is but with that spell players can just use their void forms whenever they want without any buff, just for fun.

Edit: In better words explained the cosmetic spell would be like a “two forms” spell which allows you to use the racial visual freely without any buff, much like how worgens can use their human forms. The racial and everything will stay how it is. The Spell would be that you can toggle it out of combat for RP purposes or just for the visuals, but the actual racial will remain the same in actual function in that the graphic and proc will remain the same.

17 Likes

So you want them to nerf a racial just so you can look dark purple glowy whenever you want? How about just play a priest and leave the racial alone. It’s fine the way it is.

5 Likes

I was saying if they were to make the racial an active ability I doubt they would leave it with that 5% buff. And yes I would love to be able to look like that on my Void elves especially in combat

3 Likes

So use dark skin and dark tendril hair. No one said you had to look like a fake High Elf. You already are a Void Elf with all the purple crap you want. Especially if you play a priest.

1 Like

Like I said it’s not the purple skin and hair that makes them void elves it’s their VOID FORMS. And void elves are supposed to be masters of the void so not being able to control their void forms is weird.

5 Likes

No it’s not.

Except it isn’t. Because the storyline goes that they’re LEARNING to. Not that they’re masters at it. Alleria and Umbric are teaching them.

You want to make their racial like Worgen, yet you forget that Worgen players have been incessantly whining for years about how they can’t be human while in combat. Which is probably why they changed their minds about the Void Elf racial.

So now you want to implement the same thing for Void Elves, forcing them to be in their Void form constantly while in combat. Yeah, that’ll go over real well.

1 Like

Yes I know they are students but over the course of their study they’d probably figure out how to control their void forms. And that way they could differentiate void elves from blood elves in combat fully especially with the new high elf options coming for both races. And I said they could always add a simple “two forms” cosmetic spell with no buff just for fun and for the players who want to use the form when they want.

3 Likes

They already do.

You really didn’t think this through at all.

Scenario one: you make it the same racial as Worgen, people flip out because they’re forced into void form while in combat.

Scenario two: you make it cosmetic and either strip them of their current racial, screwing them over, or you add a new one, pissing everyone else off, especially Worgen who will then scream and cry for theirs to be changed.

There’s an entire toy box that has some toys in it for different visual effects to get a similar feel. And you can be a shadow priest. And you can make your void elf as dark and creepy as you want.

Changing the racial is a bad idea from any angle you try to use.

I think you didn’t understand how I meant that cosmetic spell. The racial will stay as it is. But let’s say blizzard can add that spell and players can use it visually whenever they want if they want to. But the racial will stay the same. And if you have that spell on when the buff will proc visually your character won’t change if it’s using that spell. It would be just for those who want it it’s not necessary for anyone to use it.

Edit: but racial will proc as it does now. Nothing will change

3 Likes

It’s not really increased damage but 5% increased healing while dealing 5% additional damage as Shadowfrost.

Then you didn’t read what I said. At all.

Let me try again for you.

The racial is perfectly fine the way it is. They don’t need to be freaking special snowflakes with a new cosmetic ability added because you want to be a special purple snowflake in combat.

It’s not just in combat. But it would be like the moonkin form but with no buff. You can just visually use that spell on your character freely. But that’s just my opinion. No need to bash me because of it.

5 Likes

Still ignoring the obvious that I’ve now pointed out twice. Once in bold.

Maybe try reading and responding to what’s been said, instead of restating over and over in different words what we already know. We’re not stupid. We understand what you said. You just never gave one thought to the consequences of your idea, which were stated and you chose to ignore.

But I’ve said my part. Over and over. So I’m done.

I never said you were stupid! And I read what you said.

1 Like

I wished it looked more voidy when it procs. Its beautiful on DK. Reminds me when you could dark simulacrum a priests shadowform

2 Likes

This guy’s just mad void elves are getting high elf look, don’t mind him.

5 Likes

Just give us void form but keep the 5% proc separate or add extra tentacles or something. Not hard to get around.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you meant me, but I’m not mad. But disappointed the racial is a proc

He’s not talking to you he’s talking about that blood elf player. The reason they are forcing you to argue with them instead of coming up with constructive solutions is because they don’t want void elves to have nice things.

7 Likes

No. You are still a void elf. You will still turn purple when it procs. You are not a high elf. Alleria still turns purple. So will you guys.

1 Like