Void elves and blood elves need something to set them apart from eachother

I disagree.
It led to some people wanting it.
So what?

1 Like

high elf=blood elf. theyre the same race. this is a ridiculous sounding argument. defias humans could also slip back into the SW population. because they are the same race and identical…

theres also no ‘ranks’ to slip into. its elsharin and caledra. its also canonical that a ‘high’ elf non horde or outside of dalaran is so rare that they get mistaken for a blood elf

4 ‘high’ elves are openly alliance and actually live in alliance territory. so what? why does this need to be playable when anyone who wants to play a traditional fantasy high elf has that option already

only one side resorts to spam and gaslighting. see the mechagnome above who was being disingenuous. anyone with 2 eyes and a breath can see that

and just yesterday tarrok was having a spat with a pro who had nothing but ad hominem attacks. proclaimed anyone who pointed out negatives and cited lore/developers against his fanfiction was trolling and reveled in putting them on his ignore list as well as not being able to put together a rational argument to save their life. antis have the high ground and always will on this matter

4 Likes

Yeah I know, you disagree with everything I post nothing new here. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’ll are really out here doing the real faction war we should’ve got in BfA

1 Like

That’s not what I posted.
This topic is about keeping the differences between the races.
I get it you’re not about that.

1 Like

That’s fine we can discuss it another time. I’m all out of likes for the day or I’d like your post (there’s quite a few posts I’ve been out of likes for in this thread sadly). So have a rainbow of hearts instead :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

I wasn’t aware Bimbo Flamingo was a new race.

What I wanted for Void Elves was basically Alleria: High Elves that turn all voidy in combat or with a toggle, like Worgen do.

I’d also be happy with 1 blonde, 1 black and 1 pure white hairstyle. Pure white on a voidy skin would look really cool.

I also 100% support belves getting more options and Nightborne desperately need more options. Also a better model, a better idle stance and a better set of animations…

1 Like

Lol, I originally did that with the golden eyes because it bugged and bugs everyone that as a Blood Elf Warlock I have golden eyes, however I actually like having the golden eyes and so I have kept them. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

I just thought that, since the Aliiance is being given blood elf appearances, that many of the objections to SC elves are now moot so they can move forward with what people really want.

I originally wanted my Warlock with Golden eyes, I made him because well one I’m not an alt person so much I just have a few characters, and I wanted something different from my mage and priest, but like similar. He was almost a second priest though since my other priest is a VE and I wanted a new Horde main character (I was just bored with my mage though I love him), so I kind of think of him as almost having been a priest before he was a warlock.

But even with that personal justification people still hate it lol, and I find it funny, I also would have chosen the golden eyes regardless just out of aesthetic preference.

The blue eyes I’d 100% do it just for the lulz because I’m mad about how little we’ve gotten, so I think I will flaunt them. If I can’t be happy with the lack of options for BE’s (I wanted red eyes and undead skin tones personally) I shall at least get a laugh out of anyone who dislike my Blue Eyes on a BE warlock. Though I may do one blue, one gold too we have those heterochromia options I believe its called.

3 Likes

Grins It’s Forums, and GD too. Does it really matter?

My opinion is that Void Elves are dumb, at least High Elves have lore but Void Elves were POOF we are here! Essentially find a dark Naaru and draw its essence or whatever that was into your character and BAM you are a void person. There is no reason a Human, Orc, Tauren, whatever cannot be a camera negative of them self!

There was no mention of these critters anywhere up to this point, Alleria supposedly was the first or something so now everyone is doing it? Turalyon and Alleria were lost, she is a hunter… why is she weilding this, why not a shadow priest. It is just so dumb.

The bottomline, subscribers on the Alliance side wanted to have the most popular race because of the shape, form and appearance. If High Elves were hideous mongrels, they would not have complained about it. Now we have have Panda’s part two.

It does not matter that races look alike. Just kill whatever has the floaty bar above their heads.

Races should have a capital city or zone from where they come, allied races have an embassy and should have a secondary role in the affairs of the story. This would make some sort of sense - but Blizzard does not make any sense. Neither does GD. Does it. :smiley:

Well it’s alright now, I’ve learned my lesson well,
Ya see you can’t please everyone so ya gotta please yourself.

If you sang that in your head… we can be friends.

They do have something. They rock different faction symbols.

(Commentary): Its not as if this wasn’t something Blizzard was unaware of. I think as of Burning Crusade the desire for High Elves on the Alliance was addressed. Despite that, more High Elves were added to the Alliance, to their content and stories, and with each expansion they kept appearing, sometimes just as background NPCs, and sometimes as a major contributor to an entire patch’s worth of content and story.

(Speculative): There was no real need for that. Take the Silver Covenant. Did it really need to exist? Couldn’t it have been a group of Dwarven and Gnome mages who heard about the Blood Elves assassinating Anvilward, and decided they were untrustworthy and didn’t want them back in the Kirin Tor? When Zul’Aman resurfaced as a threat, why couldn’t Harrison Jones have led us back there? When the Isle of Thunder happened, why couldn’t it have been Highborne and Night Elves working with the Kirin Tor? The Divine Bell was just stolen from Darnassus after all.

(Commentary): Arguably any race’s role in a faction could be replaced with any other race, but therein lies the point; these races were deliberately chosen. High Elves, were deliberately chosen for Alliance content, again and again, knowing Alliance players wanted to play those High Elves.

(Conclusion): How they could’ve made a system such as Allied Races, and thought Alliance players wouldn’t have wanted High Elves, is just more evidence of the extreme disconnect the developers have with their players.

5 Likes

Well we could put facial hair on the females void elves that is and keep the blood elves females non facial hair

1 Like

I do like the idea of adding a light/fire motif to Blood Elves, especially with having mana in their hair like the Nightborne, but with warmer colors.

I also like the idea of having starry void cursed effects for Void Elves as well, to give them that darker/cosmic feel to them.

I also like the idea of having starry void tattoos or shadow effects for Void Elves, while Blood Elves could have light based tattoos or auras.

A little fiery phoenix esque wing effect would be cool for Blood Elves too, basically to contrast/mirror the Void Wings the Void Elves have.

I’m definitely in favor for additional options to help reinforce racial identity so that both races can have decent options when it comes down to the basics.

Void Elves, a’la Alleria, can change into a void form. Belfs can’t.
So I think that’s enough of a defining feature to set them apart.

Give V.elfs already the Belf hair and stop trying to make them feel so different. Velfs hair is ugly and the color too.

2 Likes

I’m sad at all the in-fighting between players regarding who deserves what. Blizzard has been way behind for a decade on customization options, focus on asking what you want for your favorite races, don’t worry about what other races want/got.

We’re like starving animals fighting over scraps, lol.

I am playing this pandaren and a velf DK in Shadowlands, and I feel both deserve a few more options in the future as blizzard works on more.

Pandaren:

-ability to dye their hair, in addition to the little streak. Black fur, blue hair, purple stripe, woo!

-long hair

-white fur option

-more tail shapes/lengths, or maybe some sort of decoration for them?

-jewelry colors other than gold

Velfs

-normal hair colors (see: Alleria, the world won’t end if velves can look normal)

-more hairstyles

-void tatts

-some sort of tentacly option would be cool, but I’m having a hard time envisioning what it would be. Maybe just having the option to turn them on or off the hair like vines for nelves

6 Likes

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

A tentacle toggle would definitely be great, perhaps on the arms and back in addition to hair options. A third eye and red slitted options would be cool too.

2 Likes