Void elves and blood elves need more visual distinction

It’s a 1rppm proc that lasts 10 seconds, not really a form.

I can get a trinket that gives me a glowing hue for similar effect.

Blood Elves are “pigeonholed” into looking like Blood Elves or High Elves. They didn’t dabble in the void and therefore have no void related cosmetics. I think what you mean (maybe) is that Void Elves often choose light pale tones, and therefore end up looking like Blood Elves - but that has no bearing on Blood Elves looking like Blood Elves vs Void Elves. Void Elves might look like High Elves or Blood Elves, but Blood Elves do not look like Void Elves.

Void Elves, however, have been laid out to essentially clarify that not all Void Elves turned purple or alternately the High Elves who started studying the Void Elves have picked up the reins and joined the group. Since the event that twisted the Void Elves into purple tentacle people isn’t repeatable, any “new” Void Elves wouldn’t really have the same visuals - which explains why Void Elves have both, because they’re not all the original group that got twisted.

It’s also rather conveniently explained that not only would Void Elves be unlikely to be training Blood Elves, but the very act of practicing Void like that screws up the Sunwell. For now there’s just no lore to support Blood Elves having Void Elf cosmetics.

Honestly, though, I’ll never understand this bizarre idea that Blood Elves need to be “special” compared to Void Elves. Pandaren aren’t generally different cross-faction, and that’s a non-issue. It just seems like the people who were happily saying “no” to High Elves, taking some pleasure in grinding the Alliance gears, are now full Pikachu-Karen faced.

Blood Elves already had an incredible amount of customization, more so than many races. It’s not unfair if another races gets similar treatment and Blood Elves aren’t the only race with a wide swath of options.

3 Likes

It’s because one started out distinct and the other didn’t. And elves are very different from Pandaren anyway. Culturally and politically are very different from each other. And there are ways through customization themes to make each other distinct.

Blood Elves that are trained in the void would just take on the void appearance.

No we didn’t. That is a misunderstanding maybe because we are a very superficial race. We got the skintones and eyes everyone else got, some jewelry and some hair. Orcs, humans and Nelves got a lot out of the customization pass.

5 Likes

I think the real problem is when they added real skin tones to Velfs. Personally if I want to play a velf, the more blue/purple void look the better. Not sure they should have ever added the real skin tones as at that point their truly is 0 difference between belf and velf.

There was a velf customization forum awhile ago and some of the option were just stunning…wish we could have some of those ideas and more as they are the superior race in all of wow :joy:. Just give me all the purple void vibes and I’m good

2 Likes

For as much customization as Void Elves have been given, they really haven’t gotten anything that actually plays to the void aspect of the race.

I want my void elf to look like she could sprout tentacles and start telling you that your heart will explode at any moment.

7 Likes

Thats what my thread is meant to be about.

Would be nice to have some more void based options. Starcursed Hair is especially popular.

7 Likes

In that case they should make every race neutral. Your race being tied to a certain ideology is kind messed up if you think about it. What if im a Human that fs with the zugzug?

2 Likes

One has a blue name and the other is red/orange

1 Like

Um thats called metagaming. Ur like literally ruining my immersion.

Yep, I agree. All races should be neutral.
But guess who’s against that…?

Yeah, antis :rofl:

1 Like

Give us a big old Mohawk haircut, then you’ll be able to differentiate the Elvish strains. I’m tired of looking like Goku. Or worse.

With dark rangers added to void elves they have shown that there doesn’t have to be lore to support giving velves horde elf customization.

There are no blood elf themes or customization that void elves won’t leech off of and take.

4 Likes

You have had almost a decade to deal with something like this. You do realize pandarens are exactly the same race as well?

2 Likes

Its not so bad when its a one off panda race. That was introduced to the game with that in mind.

1 Like

Honestly, these “visual distinction” arguments needs to end. You got other games out there that don’t restrict customizations on playerable characters, such as Final Fantasy XIV, but here in WoW, you got customization that is restricted and people wanting more restrictions.

5 Likes

And the void elves were suppose to be the (failed) answer to us having high elves. Get use to void elves, they are not going anywhere.

1 Like

yea. 2022 and still no playable high elf race. what do?

1 Like

It’s almost like these guys still live in 2006 lol

2 Likes

You are comparing apples to oranges. Wow is built on the Horde and Alliance conflict. Ffxiv isnt build on that in mind. Sure you got the Grand Companies but those are nowhere near the WoW rivalry.

1 Like

My pandaren popped by to say “No they don’t!” before going back to whatever it is pandaren do, and I’m pretty sure she knows a thing or two more about this than you.