Void elves and blood elves need more visual distinction

Yep :100: percent!!

I’d just love if Blizzard could at least bloody address it.

Because it cheeses me off so, so much.

1 Like

Nah I agree. Blood elves have never been shy about messing with the dark. We see it constantly in so many zones over and over. And we’ve never cared about it before. Suddenly, the existence of people who built their characters around darker themes are now just outright invalidated instantly because Blizzard wants to erase the questionable history of the blood elves to give the Alliance a darker theme.

Real trashy. Should have seen WRA when it happened. People started trying to kill off peoples’ established RP characters for being known to dabble in darker subjects because the void elf quest line came out and it was horrendous for the community. The divide is still ridiculous.

5 Likes

There isnt anything to talk about ALL thalassian elves are high elves. The blood elves changed their name to honor their slaughtered people, void elves because they became one with the void. But apart from that they are still high elves.

1 Like

In my opinion the reason why they were a danger to the Sunwell was because M’uuru became a void being and most likely some of that essence still remains to this day. Only hidden deep inside the Sunwell.

Edit: but that essence needs a powerful vessel like how the void elves are. Shadow priests and warlocks use the void but aren’t infused with it.

2 Likes

Meh, at the end of the day void elves and their customizations are here to stay. If there’s something Blizzard likely aren’t gonna do, it’s get rid of a bunch of customization options for a race after they’ve been implemented for months. Best to just live with it and move on, lore hasn’t mattered for years anyway. Soon all races will become all classes too so there’s that. Who knows, maybe belves will become blueberries in the future too.

I found it super contradictory too, considering they got Lightforged Draenei at the same time. Which is probably also why many Hordies hate it in general because both the opposing forces of the cosmos, that helped forge it - Alliance has both via a race that has a major foothold in each.

Yeah, I remember people ranting Horde Blood Elf Shadowpriests aren’t canon - Only the Void Elf (or some would argue ‘Alliance High Elf’ ) were, since Blizzard shoehorned the statement that Blood Elves are anti-void. Which is just blatant BS.

DEAR BLIZZARD. I WILL GIVE UP MY CHANCES AT A BETA KEY FOR DRAGONFLIGHT - IF YOU ADDRESS THIS!!

But yeah. Personally I just RP’d it for my Belf when playing as Shadow for now:

— By continuing to use the void & shadow in secrecy and hiding until eventually sought out by the leaders of Silvermoon; becoming part of a secret order of Quel’Thalas (Fight fire with fire) that would detect & protect the kingdom from Alliance-aligned Void Elves that came into the Kingdom (Being able to tell them apart from the rest of their seamlessly alike kin) — And also hunt the Void Elves that infiltrated the kingdom seeking to twist the Sunwell for their whispers that have taken control’s nefarious plans.

1 Like

Wouldn’t really work as an explanation, Naaru do not necessarily switch of their own will between Void and Light states, their Void god/Void Naaru forms are the mortal physiological equivalent of a coma or a bear hibernating. They have to be damaged or otherwise forcibly drained of Light first.

1 Like

idk what distinctive features blood elves can get to distinguish themselves from the void elves who i guess purged themselves of the void? seriously, this high elf compromise was a mess.

3 Likes

Isn’t that
 kind of what I said? That the names were just titles?

Phoenix and fel themed tattoos. Runic scars. More different hair styles.

7 Likes

Can’t believe we’re retreading this ground but, the Alliance of Lordaeron and the Grand Alliance are two distinct political bodies. By the same logic the Belves should hate the horde because orcs and forsaken and trolls.

Edit: Want to clarify the Grand Alliance and the Alliance of Lordaeron are connected for sure, but no more than the current Horde and the Orcish Horde are.

1 Like

I’d appreciate it if the males had jewelry options like the females.

2 Likes

The body jewelry should be brought back. The other jewelry is too big, they need to reduce the size of some of the pieces.

6 Likes

It’s a 1rppm proc that lasts 10 seconds, not really a form.

I can get a trinket that gives me a glowing hue for similar effect.

Blood Elves are “pigeonholed” into looking like Blood Elves or High Elves. They didn’t dabble in the void and therefore have no void related cosmetics. I think what you mean (maybe) is that Void Elves often choose light pale tones, and therefore end up looking like Blood Elves - but that has no bearing on Blood Elves looking like Blood Elves vs Void Elves. Void Elves might look like High Elves or Blood Elves, but Blood Elves do not look like Void Elves.

Void Elves, however, have been laid out to essentially clarify that not all Void Elves turned purple or alternately the High Elves who started studying the Void Elves have picked up the reins and joined the group. Since the event that twisted the Void Elves into purple tentacle people isn’t repeatable, any “new” Void Elves wouldn’t really have the same visuals - which explains why Void Elves have both, because they’re not all the original group that got twisted.

It’s also rather conveniently explained that not only would Void Elves be unlikely to be training Blood Elves, but the very act of practicing Void like that screws up the Sunwell. For now there’s just no lore to support Blood Elves having Void Elf cosmetics.

Honestly, though, I’ll never understand this bizarre idea that Blood Elves need to be “special” compared to Void Elves. Pandaren aren’t generally different cross-faction, and that’s a non-issue. It just seems like the people who were happily saying “no” to High Elves, taking some pleasure in grinding the Alliance gears, are now full Pikachu-Karen faced.

Blood Elves already had an incredible amount of customization, more so than many races. It’s not unfair if another races gets similar treatment and Blood Elves aren’t the only race with a wide swath of options.

3 Likes

It’s because one started out distinct and the other didn’t. And elves are very different from Pandaren anyway. Culturally and politically are very different from each other. And there are ways through customization themes to make each other distinct.

Blood Elves that are trained in the void would just take on the void appearance.

No we didn’t. That is a misunderstanding maybe because we are a very superficial race. We got the skintones and eyes everyone else got, some jewelry and some hair. Orcs, humans and Nelves got a lot out of the customization pass.

5 Likes

I think the real problem is when they added real skin tones to Velfs. Personally if I want to play a velf, the more blue/purple void look the better. Not sure they should have ever added the real skin tones as at that point their truly is 0 difference between belf and velf.

There was a velf customization forum awhile ago and some of the option were just stunning
wish we could have some of those ideas and more as they are the superior race in all of wow :joy:. Just give me all the purple void vibes and I’m good

2 Likes

For as much customization as Void Elves have been given, they really haven’t gotten anything that actually plays to the void aspect of the race.

I want my void elf to look like she could sprout tentacles and start telling you that your heart will explode at any moment.

7 Likes

Thats what my thread is meant to be about.

Would be nice to have some more void based options. Starcursed Hair is especially popular.

7 Likes

In that case they should make every race neutral. Your race being tied to a certain ideology is kind messed up if you think about it. What if im a Human that fs with the zugzug?

2 Likes