Void Elf Paladins & Night Elf Shamans, Yay or Nay?

Yay to every class/race combo, which they already stated is their goal.
No lore holds up anymore anyway after all our characters have been through.

3 Likes

I have $45 set aside to race change my alt Shaman, Paladin and Warlock to Nelf. Make it happen.

3 Likes

Yay to all classes for all races. Got money to spend on race changes for the combos I’ve wanted to play for a long time.

3 Likes

Gnome druids would be kitties and cubs.

:rofl:

3 Likes

Eventually. But they should be at the back of the line. Get some actual good races those new class combos, first.

1 Like

If gnomes aren’t at the front, no one will see them though. :rofl:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call Lightforged DK a false equivalence. They’re equally as lore-shattering as a void elf paladin because Light and undeath do not mix. It’s a combo that also never should have been enabled in the first place.

3 Likes

I mean, I really wouldn’t care if they added both of these, but to me the one that makes the most sense would be a NE shaman. They are a nature loving race and all of that. I wouldn’t mind an NE paladin either. I think there’s at least one or two in the lore. Either way, the whole “because lore” thing went out the window over the last several years, so in my opinion, anything and everything goes. They’ve broken it beyond repair, so it doesn’t matter anymore.

2 Likes

Void Elf Paladin: For the Li-
Boom

5 Likes

People want Void Elf Paladins so they can pretend to be High Elf Paladins when paladin makes 0% sense for a race based around the Void.

Just make Alliance High Elves playable.

Shamans shouldn’t be race-locked at all. If goblins can do it because “hurr contracts”, literally anyone can. Making a deal with a spirit is not race-specific.

4 Likes

Hoping shamans and warlocks are next for classes. Shamans because primalists. Warlocks because its easy.

I am having fun on my goblin monk. Almost lvl 70 : )

1 Like

They could just make the lore around velf paladins such that they use the void instead and while they’re at it have the Forsaken go that route too. Class skin for void instead of light and two races get very thematic options.

For rp reasons of course the standard Light version would be available still and other races would be able to get the void version.

1 Like

hahaha, if that happens, i’ll be waiting first line for mechagnomes druids, with toys as shapeshifts hahahahah

2 Likes

Makes as much sense as goblin shamans.

As I’ve said before, sure you can have VOID Elf Paladins but upon logging into your new Paladin your character explodes violently, killing you and forcing you to run back to your body just for it to happen again and again and again. This goes on forever until you race change.

8 Likes

Part of the heritage quest line for Blood Elves shows what happens when you let void elves close to the Sunwell. Their leader was trying to take in the power and about corrupted the Sunwell again… The rebirth of the Sunwell was where Blood Elf Pallies draw their power from now, since the death of the Narru whom they captured and tortured.
Due to that, it is unlikely Void Elves will get Pally for a long time. But I have no problems with Night Elf Shamans.

2 Likes

Light isn’t the polar opposite of undeath, life is. They’ve zig-zagged how holy magic and undeath interact with each other for a long time; sometimes the Light destroys the undead, sometimes the undead can still channel the Light even though it causes them pain, and recently, it’s been shown that the Light is capable of raising the undead as well as black magic is. Yet I have yet to see the two forces react as explosively as Light and Void do. As little as it is, there’s more of a precedent for Light and undeath coexisting than Light and Void.

Lightforged having DKs is just for the sake of consistency. They couldn’t just leave the Alliance with one DK race shorter than the Horde. Also, one thing that’s constantly overlooked about Lightforged is that it’s never been fully explained how the Lightforging process affected them biologically, but since they explode with holy power upon death, I think it’s safe to think raising them into undeath is akin to replacing the water in a bucket with something else. Them still having said explosion ability as DKs is just because of gameplay.

4 Likes

Few things that popped into my mind thanks to everyones input which is amazingly appreciated! :smiley:

Lightforged process that someone mentioned, when I saw the cinematic while unlocking Void Elves, I had some questions.

1. What would have happened to Illidan, a night elf “Demon Hunter” basically that was being Lightforged? O.O?
  2. What Happens to a Draeni Paladin that volunteers to get LIghtforged ?
  3. What happens to a Blood Elf/High Elf Paladin that starts embracing the Void and the Light?
    (Void/Light to me are two sides of the same coin) “In the beginning there was darkness, then Light” or w/e, right? Adding Vibration, Sound, Energy to Darkness and Boom, you get Light, Luminescence. Life.
  4. Priest & Paladin, I don’t comprehend why one can be Void-touched so to speak while the other cannot.
  5. My initial thought was, that Paladin Void Elves would look kinda like Shadow Priests or that Penance skill with the Glyph that makes it a bit shadowy looking, it looks amazing.
    So a Void Elf Paladin would kinda just be a bit more purply to put it super simply.
    They learned to use the LIght and the Void, two sides of the same coin. Just like in the story when they are bringing void elves into the alliance, the npc says “Learn to use the void to defend the alliance” or something along those lines.
    So a paladin, would probably want to learn to use that force that’s so “whoa” to the “Light” to bolster the light.
    It’s a force to be utilized, Void/Light = Sword/Shield in a way.
    Priests use it, Paladins can’t, yet. Boggles my mind.

Same with Night Elf Shamans not being a thing, they deal with nature, at what point did they forget to use Wind, Water, Lightning, Earth, but they run around hugging trees and tending animals? What about the ELements Night Elves? HMMMMM :smiley:

Night Elves can’t be Paladins either but they can be Priests I think?

I love this thread by the way, you guys have had me thinking about the lore of all this stuff so differently. I’m fairly new to the game (haven’t played since burning crusade) and it’s nice to get back into all this, so thanks for the awesome replies and conversations.

2 Likes

you do realize both will happen first right? druids are going to be the last added to every race since it requires the most work to be done

2 Likes

Except that would involve making spell effects exclusive to Velf “Paladins” (or Voidknights or whatever they wanna call 'em) and they have done that for all of zero races where it would have been justified. Nelf priests should have silvery moonlight spells, not golden Light™ spells, for instance. Water spells for Kul Tiran priests. Deathly magics instead of Void for troll/Zandalari shadow priests, and so on.

Which would be fine, but they’re not gonna

3 Likes