Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

From the night elf character creation screen, 2 min ago:

7 Likes

And on the Thalassian model that is a core Horde race first and an Alliance AR second, Magnificent isn’t wrong.

This is from someone who doesn’t take issue with the color white or black because it fits the Void theme, but I definitely see Magnificents points as well.

1 Like

My ability to make an elf with white hair does prove its not a blood elf thing. Even if its a later addition, blizz has made it perfectly clear that elves of all standing can have silver/white hair.

2 Likes

Except void elves don’t have that.

They should have black and white. One of our npcs already has black and white and black both fit the void theme.

But you can’t just say something might be added so therefore it’s valid now… What kind of logic is that?

2 Likes

this is all about aesthetics not lore and we all know it. you can make a white haired blood elf right now. youre arguing like the option doesnt already exist and denying it to yourself. dont want to show any void? blood elves are there for you. want the cold dark hair and actual void elf skins? void elves are there. but neither is getting options to be a 1:1 copy of the other, especially the one with a unique void theme

3 Likes

The logic from that side usually about how they want something so that’s why it should be added just because.

Dude I want those long hairstyles for my belf so bad. Belf female hair is either you go short or you are stuck with outdated/ugly ones. I am all for sharing the belf ones with velves if we get theirs in return.

I don’t care about “visual distinction” when I can barely tell the gnome/goblins covered all the way up apart. Pandas are pandas. I’m sure if I was covered you wouldn’t be able to tell I wasn’t a night elf. What a weird thing to not want people to have the most customization available, especially when WoW’s CC is so restrictive compared to other MMOs to begin with.

5 Likes

and my reason is also valid weather or not you like it. lore doesnt mean anything anymore devs said if something is cool they will add it even if it goes against lore.

Yeah I really want a lot of shared hair styles, like between night elves and blood elves would be nice as well (shared, not just one sided). I think it’d bring more variety and at least give us more choices. I really want the side-shaved hair styles night elves have on my blood elves. I think though that they’d need to do adjustments or something to make it fit, which is the only issue there.

But yeah, in general, I wish more options were shared, like scars as well. The only thing ‘unique’ about blood elves is the horrid jewelry, and I wouldn’t shed a tear if we lost that ‘uniqueness’. I wish they gave us some phoenix tattoos or paints, that would be far better fitting. Or like the arcane tattoos on the blood elf from the BC cinematic. But jewelry? Ugh.

6 Likes

The “other races can have it” isn’t a good argument when in this context because

We’re talking specifically about the Thalassian model, visual distinction is specifically what is being argued for by opposition voices, this isn’t white hair but its the same effect courtesy of Somand and Izzabelle, between the Thalassian models it matters, it means nothing that you can have the hair on a NE, because we’re arguing about whether Blizzard should continue allowing an AR with effectively two themes already to get that last tiny bit of visual distinction they left for Blood Elves.

I personally think white and black can fit the Void theme, but I also see Magnificents points that in this regard it still achieves the issue of more visual distinction being destroyed, the question here is if it can fit the main theme of VEs but also impact the BE visual theme should it still be done given that the skin tones were the huge hand out. If they hadn’t done the skin tones it would be a quicker yes, but its more an indecisive “idk” from my perspective.

Overall I would say you have more support for black and white on the grounds of it fitting the Void theme in theory, but also in theory I think Magnificents POV holds more weight than you give it credit for.

8 Likes

Yes please. And give my belfs and nelfs the new draenei hair and jewelry color options.

7 Likes

I did the brown hair for velf mockup, but it was Izzabelle who did the comparison with the belf. She should get credit too. :hugs:

Edit: Thank you!

5 Likes

Oh nice okay I edited that in too!

It works for the brown hair but establishes the point more or less imo for white.

I think the “insert x race has this color hair too” is a weak argument that doesn’t acknowledge the weight of visual distinction because we’re on the topic of the Thalassian model basically.

And while I personally don’t oppose white and black on account of the Void theme being able to be fulfilled by these colors, I do see Magnificents point as the core of the argument is still visual distinction and natural hair colors.

Basically just wanted to emphasize what Magnificent was referencing so why the “Well NEs have it” that poster replied with literally means nothing.

3 Likes

i want to like your posts but i cant! i dont think void elves should get any option to be a 1:1 blood elf and vice versa for blood elves. we see alot of comments like ‘visual distinction lol’ but if visual distinction didnt matter in an mmo, particularly a faction based one, then just delete void elves and let all races pick their faction at that point. bottom line, blizzard wanted a void themed race, but the helfer suggestions are to just turn them into blood elves. i dont think that is likely and i think future customization will just expand on the void and they know this is as well. after all, if they thought it was a sure thing we wouldnt see them create duplicate threads on alts

2 Likes

Yes, black and white would play great into the void theme.

As for visual distinction, I see the case for white hair being a bit weaker than brown or blonde or what have you since blood elves only received white hair from DKs just recently, so it hasn’t really been around as a core visual for them for very long.

6 Likes

Thats fair, your argument makes sense from the standpoint of why should BEs continue to lose any visual distinction when so much has already been shared.

More or less regardless of stance on those specific options I thought that user replying to you was making an argument that really brings nothing to the table while trying to make it look like a point.

Also very true and telling.

I think I’m more along the lines of how you feel about the other natural hair color line up but on black and white, I think it fits but I think I see Magnificents point too so I would be okay with (assuming more options come) the hair colors to be Void in nature.

1 Like

Why would i reduce myself to playing horde? :stuck_out_tongue: Saying “horde has it” is not a good enough answer.

The things im asking for are literally already in game, and have NO reason to be denied to one version of the SAME thing.

Its like draenei tails. LF have tail options. Regular doesnt. FOR NO GOOD REASON, since the coding, and art are already in game.

I am not wanting, nor asking for blonde void elves. I LIKE the void theme. Id like black and white hairs. Heck id like black hairs that have stars in them, like the void of space.
Id also like more options for Belves and nightborne. Ive never said (other than in an example) that horde races shouldnt get more options TOO. Nightborne NEED options because they were rushed and then ignored.

1 Like

Actually it is, this is a two faction based game with certain races and certain options for those races on those two factions, for example I like Dark Iron Dwarves and I would have loved to have them on Horde but since they are Alliance I have one on Alliance.

I mean really if everyone else including me can do that to play a character with the options they want so can you.

4 Likes

Actually i thought dark iron not going horde was a mistake. Dark iron horde dorfs, and peaceloving moosetauren for alliance. It would have balanced out a bit more.

2 Likes

It’s the point, they aren’t Horde so to play one I have to have it on Alliance side because it’s an Alliance race thus the whole Horde has it line does work.

2 Likes