Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Her sister’s look has changed fairly radically over the years.

6 Likes

This is why I mentioned Alleria being void infused yesterday because if Sylvanas can change and change and change to reflect her current state why can’t Alleria when she’s supposedly the leader of the Void Elves.

2 Likes

imo her shadowlands model reflects someone leading the jailors army as well. its similar to other armor the jailor and his minions adorn while still keeping true to her farstrider roots which is fine. its almost like that simple act will make her much more respectable in her new role or something :thinking:

3 Likes

I certainly would not mind them adding to that lore one way or another.

A show of some sort of void ritual being enacted to make more, perhaps resulting in a mix of blueberry elves and some of the current skins showing that they are indeed VOID elves and have tentacles commonly or blue skin or what have you.

Its fair that it would change in that it would slightly show Blizzards interest in keeping them void themed. Which I like, but it wont stop anyone from requesting anything.

Sadly.

I personally don’t see an issue in her changing. I just don’t see the point.

It wont stop anything, it will just annoy people making more of these threads.

Also I don’t think she should be in her void form. Make her a blueberry sure, change the hair color to match but her void form would look out of place most of the time in my opinion.

Also Void Elves go in and out. No reason she, who is supposed to be teaching control, would suddenly lose it.

I absolutely have no qualms about her armor changing to match the Heritage… honestly I think all the Void Elves in the Rift should have some aspects of the armor… they’re all wearing a totally different pallet and it throws me off personally.

Yeah but aside from the first two they’ve been relatively consistent on how they want to show elven rangers of thalassian descent to be fair.

Honestly I’m really glad they changed her to the third through fifth ones… I hated the first two.

I want to be clear changing Alleria’s armor is whatever. I just don’t see the point in changing her looks.

The only outcome I see from that occurring is pissed off players and more threads.

1 Like

i fail to see how updating alleria, who is a void elf, to reflect more void corruption and appropriate colors would cause anger to a few people

1 Like

I feel like there should be more to this sentence…

EDIT after you finished the sentence:

You don’t? You’ve been in these threads more than enough.

It’d be like making her a martyr for the helf pros most extreme members.

2 Likes

haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: typing on phone

1 Like

I mean so many people have tried to take issue with the description many BE fans have expressed as feeling visual distinction was lost or stolen, and yet one of the first replies against updating Alleria yesterday was the description of Alleria “being robbed from pros arguments” which I can’t say after the lack of understanding on the loss of BE visual distinction combined with the continued desire to chip away at it regardless I kind of just feel like oh well … and?

Like I suppose they’ll be upset, but these are the same people who say they’ve been here for 10+ years upset about BEs anyways, add it to the list I guess.

If they truly feel it’s pointless to update her and don’t feel it threatens their arguments for hair options then it shouldn’t bother them in theory, but they know it would but it is what it is, people say they “aren’t keeping track of wins” so what difference does it make if Blizzard were to go this route for people advocating for this addition to Alleria?

Combined with the race sorely needing additional story it would be a boon to VEs to have Alleria reflect their race better.

3 Likes

yea i dont get the resistance. they can still ask for more blood elf customization in lieu of actual void themed customization

2 Likes

Well, I certainly don’t begrudge you that form of response given what I’ve seen tossed around here… especially at you.

Hmm…

A fair way to see it.

For me it just appears pointless, as it’ll cause more of the same. Folk will still request the same things and now they’ll just feel like they’ve been spited once more.

Whether they should or not.

Like I said the only difference is that it will cause people to be more fervent in their belief that Blizzard has done wrong. They’ll request as much as they did before if not more.

Alleria doesn’t need to change for void elves to get more void options. Shes not important to anything but the helf pro request. Their insistence is not going to change if she does.

Its never been their goal.

This I will happily agree with though.

Void Elves need more of their story.

If Alleria should need to become a blueberry for that then I’m very ok with it.

But the end result will still be the same as far as pro helf requests.

3 Likes

I don’t expect they’ll stop regardless unless they get what they want, and seeing as I don’t view the idea that their continued requests should be a deterrent to oppose their request the idea that they still ask after Alleria would be changed is a non factor.

They don’t have to accept Alleria updating via her model as a signal from Blizzard they aren’t getting the hair but it would be a statement on it all the same whether they wanted to admit it or not, so it would solidify that issue to me and perhaps others, yeah sure there’s this idea they can be waiting around the corner for years continuing their request to no avail and maybe Blizzard might give in but more unlikely then ever before and so what I’d rather see the requests then have to lose more of the BE visual theme.

At the same time I think it adds a good excuse for added story to Alleria and the people she represents, more established lore is always a good thing (EDIT: I wanted to emphasize I mean in the case of VEs anyways as they have so little lore / story), and like Magnificent pointed out she should better represent her people even Sylvanas looks like she leads the Jailers armies these days.

2 Likes

You know well that no matter what happens, they will always find ways to complain about what blizzard does give them or what they don’t give them.

First it was blood elves’ existance.
Then it was blood elves needing a rival equivalency for Quel’dalar.
Then purposefully misconstruing a plot point in MoP.
Then Alleria existing while leaving out every context.

They will pull from any straw. Literally any straw, and you know they constantly do this, and that won’t change.

I’m still in the camp that thinks Alleria is only detrimental to the VEs.

Umbric is the one that needs the spotlight, badly.

5 Likes

If that’s all the Silver Covenant had been, I doubt people would go on about them to the extent that they do. If it was just Auric and a few other high elves functioning as a vehicle to get Alliance players Quel’delar.

The Silver Covenant was so much larger and more unnecessary than that, though. There was no reason they couldn’t have been Humans or Dwarves or any other playable Alliance race to serve as a rival to the Blood Elves.

Imagine if now that Dark Iron Dwarves are playable, they introduced a large group of Horde aligned Dark Iron Dwarves that you were forced to interact with. They made up a large portion of your faction’s forces in the expansion’s capital city, and represented the Horde’s interests within at least one daily quest hub where you had no choice but to interact with them.

Wouldn’t that just be unnecessary and annoying? Especially if the excuse was that they were needed for the plot of one minor questline to get a single item.

5 Likes

Everyone else here: “Blood Elf hair colors and styles!”

Me: pondering how awesome we’d all look with a full head of Sha antlers and horns…

8 Likes

Not even humans or dwarves. That sword it’s a highborne blade. It would have made sense to have Night Elves there even if they didn’t have Highborne in their ranks yet because it was forged by Night Elves.

…how much do you want to bet that Blizz forgot about that little tidbit of lore…?

5 Likes

True for the blade. I meant as rivals within Dalaran and/or The Tournament for the Human and Dwarf thing.

7 Likes

Once upon a time, Sylvanas was a night elf…

1 Like

We don’t claim her.

4 Likes

yea i dont get it. they ask for more lore, but progression for alleria to look the part is frowned upon?

yes! voids need more void stuff

7 Likes

If they’re gonna lean into that aesthetic, I’d rather they kill off Alleria and have Umbric take up leadership. Would be nice for him to get some development, and maybe a unique void themed model akin to Lor’themar vs your average belf.

I’m not really a fan of work put into NPCs instead of player stuff, but Umbric just uses the average player model so he could use the development.

2 Likes