Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

there are a lot of people wanting the void themed options as myself, i support both. but there’sa a chunk of anti high customizations for void elves, that lurk and blindly support the void customizations options in bad faith to opose the opinions of this thread, mostly blood elf paladin players

they kept moving on, being anti void elves at all, to being suporters of void customizations for void elves, their last stand is anti void elf paladins petitions. dont be fooled those people will never touch a void elf, there’s plenty posts in the void thread of people who lurked here being oposed to this thread

1 Like

There needs to be a meeting on naming conventions.

he looks like a half elf
https://gp1blizzard.blob.core.windows.net/propressroom/Content/Artwork/Eva/BlizzardLive/artwork/2017/12/08230444-4f99338b-ed51-4649-a3c8-a7f357fba47a/Hanzo_Scarlet_Farstrider_Skin.png?lightbox=y&ex=2021-09-01+03:00:00&sky=2f7bc01ac047563d6370ea56318d394d3039bee3f620707298949fa862062197

1 Like

They took the original design (human) and just attached longer ears to save on the costs.

Don’t forget to submit your in-game suggestion requests for more blood elf customization to be logically copied over to Void Elves

1 Like

Only things I want from the Blood Elf Customization Options is just some of nicer Hairstyles from the Males and Females. Maybe another shades of the Brown, Orange, Blonde, and Blue Hair Colors. That’s it. Other than Npc High Elf Skin Tunes that is 5 that hasn’t been made for Customization Options for Both I say that’s it.

3 Likes

Hmmm, nah. Don’t get me wrong, the hair styles both male and female Blood Elves have are nice, but I want something new. I am sick of the copy-paste.

If anything, I want to see the models altered a bit to say the original concepts used from the old High Elf threads for the Void Elves. Make the Void Elves a little more unique than the ones on Horde.

4 Likes

What even is this? See what I mean. You totally are an anti. These aren’t the takes of someone who is pro high elf, that’s for sure.

Void Elves have stinky hair. Especially the men.

Why go and make more garbage hair styles potentially when we can just get ones that already work? Why wouldn’t a high elf have the blood elf hair? We see them with it in game.

Also why do we need a new model? We are the same race. It makes no sense. And blizzard will never put in the work to make them different. Allied races were meant to look similar.

Besides, what you want… it makes them look like stupid night elves. All tall and lanky and disproportionate. I would delete my elf if he ever even looked remotely close to that.

If I wanted to play a night elf I would. They already exist on the alliance.

i think they meant these

7 Likes

Dude, I put you on ignore, stop following me to every thread. All you’re doing is the same thing as the Anti’s, trolling and harassing.

Pretty much. Nothing wrong with these models ideas.

Basically, I’ll put it this way, pretty sure the saying, “no two persons are the same” also applies in the Warcraft Universe, and I do believe that elves would be of no exception. Basically, the idea is to well, just requesting to make them a little different to shut the other group up on this “visual distinction” argument.

2 Likes

even just giving them non glowy eyes or a different posture/pose, makes a huge difference

7 Likes

Those models would be great as additional body types too, offering up the potential for additional physiques as well as the building blocks for more visual distinction.

5 Likes

Like, don’t get me wrong, it isn’t the model that is the actual problem, it is that a certain group of people have now gone all out with bad logic on “my visual distinction” with the skin tones and hair colours.

I do though get with the anger on the Dark Ranger customization, as I do fail to see where the Dark Ranger on Void Elves actually make any sense, but honestly, it is already added, and there is no point me continuing on this matter.

That is why I was thinking of requesting for the models that were originally requested for the High Elves, to just shut the other group of people up. Because even if we did change there postures or poses, or made there eyes glow less, they’ll still continue.

2 Likes

They’re supposed to represent those High Elf Dark Rangers who have family/friends in the Alliance and want to go back with them, now that Sylvanas is no longer around and they don’t have anyone to follow.

3 Likes

I never really saw it that way. But as I said, there is no point me continuing on about it. I am not going to ruin others enjoyment because of something I am not looking at properly.

In any case, your Dark Ranger looks gorgeous with that transmog :heart:

Im very happy with the model of my void elf.
I really dont want it altered.

But i dont think blizzard would ever do that so its all good.

To some degree this resentment makes sense, but it was born out of false expectations and lives on a lie with the Void Elves. Blizzard realized that the majority of players simply won’t eat their constructed idea of how things should be rather supposed to are.

The narrative is very thin as well and there was another subtle nudge brought in with the acceptance of subraces, which would have been an outlandish concept a year ago.

The Dark Rangers were a surprised spin but I think this stems from one of the other requests to play a red-eyed figure. It’s likely that this race is or will not be in the cards for decades which is why they tried to find a fits-all solution.

Who want you to “shut up”? Both sides have only 3-5 active people, with the majority already satisfied with being a High Elf on the Alliance. Depending on the server you play, they are everywhere now, with the real offender being players calling themselves Blood Elves. The few hardcore fans on the forums won’t and don’t have enough power to justify anything.

Altered stances or looks can be brought in by adding them to the “body type” option.

3 Likes

I’d imagine they could give a choice. I always kinda liked those hybrid human-elf-nelf models above.

Though I do like our model that we have just fine.

Hmm could add a body 3 and 4?

The way they were phrasing it made it sound, to me at least, that these would be flat out replacements in order for the races to not share the same model.

No feelings either way for body types 3 and 4

1 Like