Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

This is Void Elves when they touch the light. Which I’ve always found a little ironic considering their king is a paladin.😵‍💫

1 Like

At this point, the devs will do ANYTHING to hear from their fans on adding contents so that they can come back.

By saying “no” is not their system anymore. Because they know other competitors are beating Blizzard by listening to fans on what they want.

3 Likes

I think the way I see it canonically is that Void Elves are indeed recruiting from High Elves. You would be a High Elf that has chosen to start studying void like Alleria did, so that prevents you from being a paladin, for example.

But in terms of immersion, you can be a High Elf as much as a Draenor Maghar can be an Outland Maghar, you have all the aesthetic tools you need to fulfill that fantasy.

Like not going to deny it would be cool to have a “HE paladin” but to be consistent, Paladins have never been an iconic High Elf class, and for reasons I sometimes disagree with, Paladin as a class still occupies a very specific cultural niche.

I do hope that someday that archetype is expanded and more races get to be Paladins, especially if its analogues such as Prelates.

3 Likes

I do want to see what we’re actually getting before I get too hyped. Again, really hoping it’s something from the Kul’tirans or novel natural colors or

Literally anything other than a low effort copy paste from blood elves AGAIN.

Time will tell, I guess.

6 Likes

Man, you bring up a good point, but I gotta admit. I don’t really want to engage in conversation with you after your last comment to me :thinking:

OH MY GOD. PLEASE. VOID ELF SHAMANS. PLEASE.

I need it!

5 Likes

Some of their fans.

3 Likes

We can only hope. A lot of people are saying it’ll be kul tiran colors just because of the different hair textures but an instinct says that won’t happen either.

2 Likes

Neither do I, but you keep replying back and forth like this is some ping pong fight.

1 Like

Alleria touched Turalyon just fine thoo?

2 Likes

Agree. Shamans and Druids would be Great for Thalassian High Elves.

3 Likes

But you replied to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Did she? I thought he literally flew backwards

Ah okay interesting, that makes enough sense to me honestly. I would definitely like to see the paladin class expanded a little bit, especially on alliance side. Horde has very unique races for paladins while alliance feels a bit too similar imo between dwarf, human and Draenei. Those 3 don’t feel nearly as unique/different to me as Zandalari, Tauren and blood elf.

Ummm so sis! They touched in the shadows rising book and it was described as like a soothing balm? She said if it was in void form it would burn but they don’t explode lol

2 Likes

I just seen this but I didn’t know you are the same person but at the same time now that I do, I’m glad that we became friendly because you are pretty cool. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Was that… after the explosion backwards? 😵‍💫

At this point, just opening for all classes for all races would be a great start.

2 Likes

No ma’am c:

But wait. An explosion happened, didn’t it? :joy: I can’t be imagining that. Please tell me I’m not.

I mean that’s the thing though, Alleria herself has always been the tell here. She’s the OG Void Elf, yet she has always looked the same.

So a big point is that the blue dye to the Void Elves was an arbitrary design choice within their own set up, which irked people beyond the simple “Void Elves are not HE’s” thing.

And like I pointed out before, in terms of immersion, a HE is as distinct from a VE as a Draenor Maghar is from an Outland Maghar. Yes, canonically these are still Void Elves, as in, they use void, but now we have a spot on representation for a long time alliance race, just like the Maghar offered before.

My biggest want in terms of class fantasy is that we start to see more classes being used as analogues for more fantasiues.

Like how Hunter encompasses so many fantasies from Sharpshooter, to survivalist to hunter, or rogue goes from spy to ninja to pirate to fencer; more isolated class fantasies like Druid, Paladin and Shaman could offer more fantasy using their gameplay as analogues.

4 Likes