Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I get that, but that only lasted for Vanilla, then you got Belves in TBC. Everyone else stayed with old char models for wotlk, cata, mop and wod. It probably wouldn’t have been an issue if old vanilla models didn’t look so bad (have a look at the differences in posture between WoW humans, and FF14 humans).

That is very debateable, you will find several people disagree with that. It’s not about quantity, it’s about quality. Orcs look really nice now and even have an upright posture, I wanted to play an orc shaman but none of my friends is willing to switch Horde (I really think Horde got some incredible customization in SL).

I tottaly understand that argument, but I think you are trying to tackle this issue in the wrong way. In SL the devs showed us that they can apply customizations to both core and allied races if they want to. We could ask them to repeat that step and issue customizations for both Velfs and Belfs in the next wave. You could ask for features to maintain your uniqueness, especially since some Belf features are getting a bit outdated. I totaly disagree with Greatbrae’s statement that if one race has highlights then others cannot. You could ask for arcane highlights and arcane glowing hair on the edges! And Velfs could get Void themed highlights, tentacle colours, etc. We could both get markings, yours in light blue and red and ours in dark blue and purple, etc etc etc. I can go on forever. I think that instead of insisting that Void elves do not get certain stuff, you could focus on requesting some modern uniqueness for yourselves. I’ll support that.

Don’t forget the other themes that have been suggested for uniqueness to Belves. Like Darkfallen and San’layn. I get it that not everyone wants them, but I see people cheering for dark ranger features on Twitter all the time, and there is a huge Megathread for San’layn customizations too.

That quote is a couple years old. Nevertheless, this statement would not last long as I’m pretty sure Velfs were already out by that time, and given how they said they were not finished with customization…what would they use as an excuse to not give Void Elves any proper hair colours in the next customization wave? They can’t just say it’s cause we’d look to similar to Belves, because if they use their brain they can come up with some preeetty cool unique stuff (looks at Tyrande)!

6 Likes

I both love and hate that chart because it always shows how bad some of the Allied Races are in customization department but it also reminds me of how bad Nightborne really are and that makes me really sad. :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

If Blizzard wants to earn any good will with me come 10.0 then the Nightborne customization they add (and they better add a lot) is going to have to blow me away. I’m going to need more than just copy/pastas from Night Elves. It’s going to take that, plus unique hairstyles, hair accessory customization (like draenei have), new facial hair options which are also separated into sections, new face shapes (like humans got) and more. It needs to be an unholy avalanche of customization as an apology for releasing the Nightborne in their initial state, and making them wait so long to get anything new.

7 Likes

And good faces, especially for males. I know it comes as a surprise to a lot of people, especially at Blizzard, but not everyone wants to play males that look like Arnold in his prime but with angry and wrinkled faces. Currently, nightborne males are the closest we have to that, but they, along with some other races like orcs and Darkspear, really suffer in the facial category with those perpetually old and angry looking faces.

Would also be nice to get some skinnier male nightborne-esque body types for males of other races. I’d love for my warlock to look more like Gul’dan instead of Ronnie Coleman, because he’s a warlock, or some skinny but not sticc bodies for my characters like Zuro which are supposed to be older.

I’ll also add that while nightborne have it really bad, and that I, along with what I’d wager to be most people, think they have it the worst, due to having both a combination of a bad model and low customization options, there’s some other races like LFD and HMT that are really down there as well that should get more attention for lacking so much. Those two in particular are stupidly lacking because they both have a core race that got new stuff that’d be really easily ported over, like tail and foremane lengths.

4 Likes

The Nightborne does need the love the most. Sad how Blizzard has screwed over the Nightborne AR.

2 Likes

Are we all going to post on our nightborne now?

1 Like

Hell yeah. Lets give them some love.

1 Like

I know this is not the right thread but a new video is out by Salashaska who has done some seriously incredible work on the Nightborne now

7 Likes

You beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

While this doesn’t have everything I’m looking for in New Nightborne customizations, I definitely am loving the Arcane glows and metal assets. I especially like the golds and Felborne options and the pale Green skin tone npcs have would be great to complete said look.

9 Likes

Arcane glowing hands like Thalyssra, please. :pray:t3:

And Druids. I’ll definitely switch my main in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

Nightborne Druids sound nice. As long as we get Void Elf Shamans. I want to nature the heck out of the void :smiley:

3 Likes

I can’t believe I still see people citing lore as justification for customisations. Didn’t WoW lore go out the window with the last 2 xpacs? lol

Blood elf, Voide elf… whatever. It’s is clear, like the Pandarens, they have become the next “neutral race” in retail however they are labelled.

I actually enjoy their differences right now, and while I would like to see more options for Void Elves, I do not really want the same hair options at Blood Elves. They can look the same, but still retain slightly different flavours.

Here’s what I’d like to see:

-crazy long hair options, and also share some hairstyles with the Draenei.

• DISTINCT hair colour options (some of the colours are so close they don’t look like much different in certain lighting)
  • PALE hair colours like silver, white and the nice pale blue hair for blue dragons in BE form. I don’t really need to have blonde, but I think some of the dark skins will look great with paler hair colours contrasting against them

Honestly, I felt in terms of game design, Blizzard opened a new can of worms when they gave both sides the Blood Elf model. I would have been happy if they kept the BE models unique to Horde and put the Nightborne with the Night Elves and share the assets. The NEs will finally have their version of a mage elf, and Nightbournes wouldn’t need to be stuck with only 3 options for everything.

I was so excited for Nightbournes, and the end result we got in game was LOLOLOL + disappointment max level explode. I’d imagine the VE hairstyles will look so cool on the Nightbornes too.

2 Likes

Thank you for your ideas! I shall use that opportunity to bring myself back on topic and agree that at least Stark White and Jet Black should be added for Void Elves given those are very versatile and fitting hair colours for them. I know Fenelon has added those in his Void Elf Megathread. They would fit both the Void Elf and High elf themes without breaching too much on the Belf theme.

I have continued searching for inspiration online and have found some very interesting concepts for Blonde hair that look unique and can be used to also showcase Void corruption:

https://imgur.com/a/rNTbpCV
https://imgur.com/a/le5j5a5
https://imgur.com/a/q2Nrn78
https://imgur.com/a/qbCrTMk

The last one looks really beautiful in my opinion but quite complicated as it starts with one colour then fades onto another and also has both blue and blonde highlights in there, so it’d probably be hard to apply by the art team.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Aww thank you Zuro you’re a champion! So much easier for peeps to view them now <3 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

These would work for void elves well enough.

Though it might be better set up as a two-tone option for all hair colorations in the long run. Mix and match blues with purples for instance.

5 Likes

The roots would be an interesting way to represent an increase of Void influence physically. The violet to blonde is definitely my favorite. A blue to brown would also make for a great color combination.

This coupled with starcursed highlights usable on all hair colors with a few colors to choose from would be great options to help reinforce visual distinction for Void Elves as a race.

5 Likes

Make void elves like erudites from eq.

1 Like

Give the imitation blood elves w/e they want. Yolo.

Hypheria which one are you referring to as your favorite? Is it this one https://imgur.com/a/rNTbpCV ? It’s a Lavender to pale blonde transition, it’s one of my favorites in there too

2 Likes