Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

They are void corrupted. Nobody challenges that. But we do not know the full extent of the Void corruption and as I said if they were fully corrupted they would’ve turned into Ethereals. Also, does and should void corruption equate to covering Void Elves in blue paint?

I mean… pre-Void Elf? I wouldn’t know the answer to that. Pre-Void Elf, I don’t think any of us knew exactly what a void corruption would look like aesthetically or physically. We only had educated guesses.

But then Blizzard came out with a race that’s blue because they are void corrupted. They made that choice in their own lore/game. We have to assume that’s what void corruption would do then, right?

1 Like

Highlights seem to fit well with natural hair colours because they create an antithesis, and I have no issues with dark iron magical effects added to them. Look, if someone made a depiction of an unnatural blonde that doesn’t look bad I would be all for it.

I am simply using links to show the examples I am talking about. And you can call me what you will.

I like Void Elves and their lore, but gosh are the limited colours tiring to see. The way they chose for the Void to manifest itself on Void Elves is very boring and limiting. That’s why we are here. To try and fight for variety for Void Elves and not keeping popular and universal hair colours locked.

I did like your ideas for hair color. The ideas allowed for racial distinction while also providing more colors. I think the blonde was pretty borderline Blood Elf though, so I’d really like to see more ombré or maybe a sparkling blonde or something else.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. That was my idea thus far, but if there’s anyone who would be willing to make a blonde ombre on a Void elf for us as example would be greatly appreciated. I did like some of Izzabelle’s depictions, apart from the green (not a fan of green as hair color). The yellow can be worked with but it’s a bit too neony? Maybe if combined with a bit of natural and a void highlight it would look better.

1 Like

Yet, the options to allow people to pick there path to play as a High Elf or a Void Elf on the alliance is not asking to delete something.

My god, it never ends with you, does it?

An option won’t kill anything off. Just because you disagree with the idea of people having an option, does not mean it is going to kill something completely.

Then you should’ve told Blizzard that fair skin should not be a thing. Gosh, you’re starting to sound a lot like Fyre.

The Void Elves call themselves the Void Elves, because of them being tied to the void. Nothing to do with there transformation.

That is because magic is a wonderful thing in Azeroth, and with the Elves, it actually effects them all to accordingly. It was the Void Etherals that originally transformed the first group of Void Elves, so, only with the next group, Void Magic would effect them a lot more differently.

After all, I am pretty sure the Void Elves do not have a “Summon Void Etheral” on their bars to transform future Void Elves.

Forgive me master Feyrre, 2 questions:

Didn’t Alleria teached the Void Elves on how to control the voices so they don’t lose there sanity? Basically, learnt to control the Void Magic within them?

And also, how is your promotion going?

Whachu think of these

12 Likes

Or just a San’layn Option in General.

2 Likes

So there’s the answer to your concern.

Racial names are simply social conventions to identify species, they aren’t meant to describe their physical appearance in any way.

That’s false, considering Alleria is a Void Elf and Danuser confirmed their numbers are growing. So as with “Blood Elf”, “Void Elf” is just a way of naming Thalassian elves who study and research the Void to the extent of infusing themselves with it. It has absolutely nothing to do with their physical appearance.

5 Likes

5 Likes

LMFAO! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Void Elves and Blood Elves reasoning for their names are not the same.

Drop this argument.

Blood Elves changed their name to honor the fallen. It does not describe any changes to their being.

Void Elves are void elves because they’ve actually been changed. Alleria has been changed, Umbric has been changed, all of Umbric’s followers were changed. We have no other type of void elf.

Your argument is poor.

Your assertion that Alleria is not changed or that those numbers are growing is false. You have no proof of that.

Danuser did not and has not confirmed how if any new void elves are being made. Just that they are not refusing those who wish to study… they are not void elves. They’re just elves who are there studying. Until they add the lore and actual information in canon to account for new void elves being made, what you’re claiming is just a straight up lie.

5 Likes

She taught them to control their voices, yes, but I thought it was more of a “cope” with the voices. It’s still a constant battle for them.

It’s going well! I got recommended for a district level job today after running an entire day of PD.

3 Likes

I like them all but the brown!

1 Like

But nataural hair don’t work for void elves, there needs to be a physical sign of void curruption for the race to work.

It is asking to soft delete what the void does to an individual and the lore associated with it.

What would be the point of void mutation/ritual if the void could be weilded by just any kind of mortal with no repercussions?

Aka it creates a plot hole.

Not appropriate, I can say the same with you peps that wants to turn VE’s into what they are not.

Options is fine as long as it goes with the void theme, turning off all void themes how ever does.

I actually voiced my opinions of that when blizz announced it. VE’s shouldn’t had received fair skins, but it is already done. We need to keep what’s left alive.

Umbric was the one who first stated the name in the story, and referenced they are forever changed due to the void in the same paragraph.

What world do you live in? This is not addressing nothing. Blood elves named themselves that for the fallen, void elves named themselves that because they where transformed by the void.

Also the way you described that is insulting. I am not concerned by it. I understand that as a fact. Do not belittle me.

She actually describes herself as neither high elf or void elf. The only things labeling her that is the wiki’s. Also we are not playing alleria, we are playing the group of VE’s that was forced through a void ritual.

1 Like

That is why I included a blonde with void highlights on it, to include the Void theme. Even if the natural colour is there, you cannot call that character a Blood elf due to the Void highlights on it.

Void Elves do not seem intended to only represent the Void. It has been stated by Elly Canon that an effort is being made to take thalassian elves back to their High Elf roots. That’s why both Belves and Velfs got the blue eyes, and Velfs also got natural skins. They are intended to also represent High elves, just like Blood elves are perfectly capable of being RPed as High Elves right now.

However, many of us are bothered by the hair (regardless of whether we are Void elf fans or High elf fans, or a mix of both) for the simple reason we are literally stuck with very niche hair colours and do not even have the choice of a plain white or black right now. So until this changes and some proper hair colours, including white and black and perhaps an unnatural, unique shade of blonde are added, we’re going to stick around.

5 Likes

Indeed.

But again, I’m positive we’ll see a bunch of natural and Voidy customizations for velves once it’s AR’s turn. :hugs:

4 Likes

Which would not be enough of a difference. If BE’s get arcane highlights also it would imply it was simply enchanted to look like that. VE’s cannot have an natural hair color baised on just that, if we didn’t had fair skin this might be a bit more plausible.

This is incorrect, they are a representation of what the void would look like on a mortal changed by the void. They simply used blood elves (again the story don’t say anywhere high elves was involved other then a few npc’s in telegros, which is not enough to deem HE’S are changing to them) for this part.

She is referencing a question asked to danasur about that, and danusar only directly referenced blood elves on that. So to state this is wrong.

They used blood elves. Blood elves is not the alliance high elves that most fans asked for.

Then don’t roll void elves.

Doubtful, it would harm void elves too much if they did. For reason I already stated.

2 Likes

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

What could he possibly mean :thinking: A number of elven races, hmm, cannot be Belves and Velves he’s talking about, naah. Where they want to align, hmm, I wonder if he means the Alliance and the Horde :thinking: . Anyway. The statement is clear as day mate, no explanations needed here.

Well, frankly Blood elves had their customization pass already, but you don’t see me running around saying they cannot have highlights, or tattoos, or anything else they’d like to ask for.

Actually, they are. In the mmo-champion High elf Megathread the inspiration shown by the OP is models exactly the same as Blood elves, but with different hairstyles and markings, as well as hairbands. But that doesn’t really matter anymore, does it. The Alliance has been granted same model thalassian elves as the Blood elves, and with the skins being added, the only difference is the hair.

I appreciate that you want uniqueness to be maintained between the two races. But at the same time, you should not keep trying to punish players for the company’s incompetence in adding some proper hair colours to the race, including some light hair colours. We are here to pass the message that we are NOT happy with the way Void Elves have been left as, and to suggest what we would like to see. We are open to reasonable suggestions and ideas, but if all you have is just your argument of no natural colours then that is not of much help and ultimately we will keep on arguing.

Sadly enough, I am no longer playing a Void Elf. I have not done so in several months. It saddens me deeply because I like their theme and their lore, but seeing the same limited hair options day in and day out just plain depresses me. I now play a Lightforged Holy Priest, which could have very well been a Void Elf had it had any hair colour whatsoever that wouldn’t look plain bad with the golden armor I use from Antorus.

But that doesn’t stop me from requesting customization for Void Elves, as I really like thalassian elves and since they exist on the Alliance now it’s a pitty not playing them just cause of the hair colours.

3 Likes