Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Indeed, and I think they should be let loose to show us what sort of awesomeness they can come up with for all the possibilities of the void

2 Likes

Honestly i think if Void Elves had the normal skin tones/hair from the beginning most complaints about them would be nonexistent. Even if they didn’t have access to Paladins. If they were introduced with those assets from the start or at least some of them i think people would have taken to them more easily or even better embraced the Void theme as a cool take on High Elves. It probably would have been best if they had kept the name High Elves as well rather than Void Elves. But really if they just had the normal options from the start i don’t think most people would have cared.

Them NOT having access to even the normal skin tones from the start was really weird and kind of silly because all it did was add another Blue/Grey skinned Elf with unnatural hair colors when the Alliance already had a Blue/Purple skin Elf with unnatural hair colors.

Where as the horde had elves with normal skintones/hairs and got a blueskinned elf as their new race. Again Nightborne have their problems but it was at least a a bit different.

10 Likes

At the start, people were freaking out because they didn’t even want void elves. “Why is this an option? No one asked for this” across the board, as well.

3 Likes

Because the Alliance has a shortage of normal skin toned humanoids?

3 Likes

You’re operating under the assumption they should have freely given away the visual uniqueness of a core Horde race. Of which I disagree with as others have said as well and frankly what you have now is already a detriment to the visual uniqueness in question.

It’s not like their doing tons of stuff for just VEs and I hope the time they do spend is on voidy options moving forward as they left the hair out thankfully trying to appease both sides as is.

1 Like

I like how you erase the people who did like them as originally introduced.

4 Likes

Old Gods why?

Void elves are 98% of the reason I came back at all…

They’re (imo) so much better than the high elves that remained.

Though I’d probably have suggested to blizzard that they should have come from high elves to begin with and have had a clear “here’s how more are made”.

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem if there were some Blood Elf defectors who crossed over to join the “Void Elves” on the Alliance but i agree if they really wanted to do the Void take on High Elves it should have came from Alliance High Elves. Whether that be the ones we’ve worked with for years or if they were introduced on Argus in someway.

One of my ideas was they could have been Elves that were part of the Beyond the Dark Portal Army and that they ended up getting lost with Turalyon and Alleria in their time in the nether, joining Alleria in her void stuff. Either that or it involved the existing Alliance High Elves who went with us to Argus and ended up following Alleria that way.

They would have been Alliance High Elves, had some screen time on Argus to show off some of their backstory and what they were doing & it would have made them fit way better.

Pair this with them having the option of Normal Skins/Hair from the start along with Void options and i think it would have been the perfect way to add them. It may have also worked out better for Umbric as well to give him some back story. Maybe appearing even just as a minor character in Legion doing some things. Maybe as one of Vereesa’s Silver Covenant mages or as some Kirin Tor Archmage.

6 Likes

they did come from high elves. what difference does it make if its the horde high elves, the dalaran high elves, or the scattered 6 alliance individuals

where should they have come from? im really interested in your logic when you say something like this

Anywhere really. The Void elves they did make came from nowhere as well. Whether it was some breakoff of the SC that Alleria went after, or highvale elves or even as Thormus suggests just left over elves form Alleria’s time in Outland…

Ultimately that they came from Blood Elves specifically I know rubs many the wrong way who were interested in High Elves from the Alliance and its really really weird that Blood Elves were just… yeah we hate the Horde now, never liked em anyways.

I don’t think they should have had the natural skin tones myself, but thats mostly cause I just liked the original storyline. The trap physically changing them and their need for a void essence to change them into what they are is imo very good.

(thats the original batch. I don’t immensely mind the natural skintones we have now… obviously. lol)

2 Likes

I’m not… what? It was the overwhelming voiced opinion. It’s similar to when Blood Elves were added and people ranted and called players slurs for it for ages. Plenty of people wanted them. I’m not denying that whatsoever.

2 Likes

i dont think the alliance had a viable group tbh. the 6 scattered individuals are ofc off the table

i think dalaran elves are also off the table. dabbling in shadow magic is a bannable offense among the kirin tor. the SCs first duty is to serve dalaran and when they do leave, its always to accompany the kirin tor on some kind of mission. except when they worked with the farstriders ofc

highvale… :thinking:

so they had to come from a GROUP that had knowledge of the void and were seeking it out. that group could only come from horde high elves(blood elves) imo

1 Like

Someone was claiming they were a “nation” that stretched from EPL to loch modan earlier and… they like never really backed the statement up, its just a small isolationist village I thought?

3 Likes

thats always been my interpretation as well

theyre just hermits living in an abandoned fatsrider lodge who arent supposed to have any interest in magic

Not really something that would be insurmountable. Group of high elves breaks off from any group because they decided to dabble, get exiled as a result. yada yada. Same end just a different start point.

Where they originally came from isn’t an immensely important part of their story. What they have become is the important part.

Yeah that was odd.

Highvale is a single settlement within the Hinterlands. They’ve also mostly dropped Arcane if I remember right… though I’m not as certain how much thats actually explored. We know they’re working with the Wildhammer and some Draenei though.

1 Like

Yes, it was a lot of loud people with strong opinions who didn’t like a thing that happened, which tends to be the motivation for a majority of forum posting, most people don’t speak up about things they like, but dislike is a stronger motivator for speaking out.

People like them as they were, we don’t have any real numbers either way, but they at least were the most popular AR, not all of that was people who were upset.

But when you say that across the board everyone was against it, that pretty much sounds like you’re saying no one wanted them.

4 Likes

There are more than just “6 scattered individuals”

9 Likes

That’s fair and tbh over the lifetime of WoW that’s like a clear example of few and far between

1 Like

Understood. To clarify, I meant the overall tone and outcry from the population. It wasn’t my intent to imply that no one wanted this lol. I was one who race changed the very moment I was able.

1 Like

then why did they use the horde high elves

:thinking:

2 Likes