Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

So, you admit that you’re baited into these threads to cause drama and argue like no tomorrow, instead of saying putting a thread on mute and ignoring it?

I mean, this topic was intentionally created originally for people to submit on what ideas they want for the Void Elves in terms of Void or High Elf customisations, and yet, it is the Anti’s, such as yourself Lann, who come in here to argue and cause trouble.

14 Likes

Problem with that is that means we completely control the void instead of being shown to struggle controlling it.

Is no longer either high elves nor blood elves. They are espaicially not from the Alliance group of high elves.

3 Likes

That is actually why I think it isn’t like the worgen one.

The struggling with the whispers of the void and our control over it is a big thing with us supposedly. They don’t show it off much but I think that was an “attempt”.

(Should mention I’m kinda ambivalent with it being changed to a worgen like one if they ever go that route.)

1 Like

This, my friend, is false information and blizzard has stated the contrary multiple times.

8 Likes

No they did not actually. But knowing you, you will quote the statement about them not recruiting for 5000th time and try to twist it to the opposite.

And even then if it was true, not prove that the player charecter is from the high elf group you claim they are from, as the story indicates your from the Blood Elf group pretty clearly.

This is also not to mention the denuser giving permission to rp your head cannons.

2 Likes

But according to some of the Antis, Blood Elves are High Elves, which means Void Elves is from a High Elven group.

And guess what, Void Elves are Blood Elves who are High Elves, which means Void or Blood, both groups are High Elves.

6 Likes

They are a group of thallassians that left the alliance (the alliance group of high elves did not) renamed themselves blood elves and endured arcane withdrawal and resorted to arcane vampirism as well as using fel to power the city. they where eventually transformed into a entirely different life dorm known as Void Elves, Via a ethereal ritual.They are in any sense if the word not high elves, at least not from the group that people clamors to be playable.

That group denied arcane vampirism and stayed alliance.

Now note there is some high elves that stayed loyal to silvermoon and joined the horde as well. One can say the high elf scholar is them as well and not from the Alliance group.

2 Likes

Entirely new hair styles solves problems on 2 fronts.

It gives void elves, especially male void elves, what they lack greatly in, which is varying styles that aren’t all one-note, and it helps to differentiate (as best as can be done with the scenario that blizzard themselves have laid out), between them and blood elves.

I’ve never even considered color as an issue, we’re beyond over due for a color-wheel esq slider for hair for all races.

11 Likes

Oh yeah, and having all colours available for all races, including Void Elves.

4 Likes

Call me surprised pikachu.

I actually agree with this almost entirely.

Miss your Venthyr look btw, but still like your current.

3 Likes

You summoned them?

3 Likes

Had to go back to assassination cause the viability of these spec-covenant combinations are out of control.

The mogs change with the specs :pensive:

4 Likes

Hi there.

Void Elves, while a mutated Thalassian variant, share some pre-mutation genetic ties with both Blood and High Elves. That said, just like the Nightborne were transformed by 10,000 years of sucking on the Nightwell while hiding under a dome they are no longer the same as their root genetic stock.

The Void Elves were almost completely unmade by a Nether Prince who intended to make them disembodied Void beings. They narrowly escaped that fate but, unlike Alleria who remains truly Elven but with control over her void powers and form they were transformed, completely suffused with Void engery.

Let’s be serious, they bleed purple. They are no longer Thalassian elves any more than The Hulk is genetically Bruce Banner when he transforms.

6 Likes

how many times do people have to link the literal blood/high elf “second generation” students standing around Telogrus

literally walk into their starting zone.

7 Likes

Void elves are still the same species. They didn’t becomes a new race from being void infused. Your comparing two totally different things. Nightborne had their entire morphology change, void elves didn’t have their morphology change at all. Bleeding a different color means nothing, especially given that other races have some that bleed different colors and are still the same race. Demon hunters bleed black, still classified as their main race.

11 Likes

Well Lore, we’re just going to disagree on this one. They were literally seconds from being completely disembodied void beings (have you actually bothered to do/read the origin story?), they have tentacles, they bleed purple, they are no longer genetically the same as their root Thalassian stock.

7 Likes

Agree to disagree then. I know the lore plenty. And the ritual failed by the way, so bringing that up as an argument is pointless.

Also, not all of the hair has tentacles, so another pointless argument to make.

4 Likes

Thank you! Finally someone gets it!

Have a cookie!

:cookie:

4 Likes

And have any of them been confirmed to have become Void Elves? Canonically completed walking the Alleria path to Void powers and mastery, or simply students? Canonical references only, please, and not “Yes there are High Elves studying how this happened and how they might use it - so HighVoid Elves should be a thing.”

Let’s also bear in mind that the Alleria Path requires consuming a twisted Naaru.

7 Likes

It may have “failed” but it doesn’t mean they where not forever changed from it, it just means it was stopped before fully completion.

And no, you don’t know the lore as much as you try to pretend you do.

4 Likes