Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Actually the most amusing was yesterday when Soulebreaker and Greatbrae went at it in the Blood Elf thread. They were debating ‘Light customization’ for Blood Elves.

The most hilarious bit were that Soulebreaker’s responses mimic what we (people that want more HE options in VEs) have been saying in response to those who want to limit customization as well.

It was delightful irony, between 2 known ‘antis’ against HE options on VEs.

To me it just shows people will fall back to whatever ‘excuse’ they can when it fits their agenda. I feel the most objective one can be is to take whatever is said by developers as is, as that is the most objective it can be.

But even when bringing in developer statements it appears people interpret them differently. So honestly, just like it was with skin tones, the options will have to arrive first before we can truly say that the people trying to deny customization options aren’t actually as devastated as they’re making themselves out to be atm.

7 Likes

Blizzard devs have a tendency to speak as vaguely as they can on things they’re either not sure of or only vaguely aware of.

Dansuer’s words tell me they’re not sure how new void elves are made. To others it seems more concrete. I don’t begrudge them that viewpoint. Though I will often argue against it when its used as justification for something that doesn’t need justification.

Screw the devs and screw the lore. Request what you want to see. If you can’t take others viewpoints on it you shouldn’t be in a public forum.

I’m slightly curious…What do you think my stance on all of that is? Skintones, hair colors yada yada.

I find people here have been fighting so long they’ve lost their ability to know whose what and what for.

3 Likes

I am trying to understand why I need to go to another thread and argue. I guess it’s for the sake of bumping it. I dunno.

1 Like

I actually said be constructive and not to argue.

Could be a nice change of pace.

2 Likes

I find it annoying that most void elfs I see dont’ even look like void elves anymore. They look like discount High Elves lol. Not me. Purple and Proud with my void elf.

4 Likes

Bring em around I’d like to see them.

(Fenelon)

Unless you are on MG you wont. lol Maybe that’s why I see more High Elf wannabes? Cause people are trying to RP as one? A non RP server might have more “real” void elves…

No I meant bring your void elf so we can see em. lol like to the forum.

Though yeah you’re probably just running across RPers. Thats not really surprising. I’d bet you can find plenty of those of us who do love Void Elves though there.

I have a new warrior Velf on Wyrmrest myself I’m quite excited to play once I finish up some things in SLs.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

My Void Elf Paladin will always remain this way

2 Likes

While I don’t agree with Void Elf Paladins due to lore reasons, I think that character looks cool! I’d love to make a version of that using the purple paladin scheme for a Void Paladin.

4 Likes

I think there is a purple set, but most pieces are locked to only the Paladin class.

2 Likes

I think you can get it from the Darkmoon faire can’t you?

(its been a long time since I looked there.)

They’re also occasionally not vague and direct, but then plans change so they have to go against what they said earlier. Like that extra customizations would come in later shadowlands patches but then more recently them saying it’s done for the rest of the expansion.

I don’t blame them giving more open-ended responses since it works in their favor as plans change.

While I agree here, people shouldn’t also have to keep being badgered by incessant individuals who seem only able to get off on repeating phrases out of context that no longer have the original meaning they did in the past.

Some of these individuals go into every single thread where the words “high elf” are mentioned just to make sure they get their “voice across” I guess like there’s something to prove (despite making supposedly obvious statements). No, I truly think it’s because the high elf threads are actually the most popular and get the most visibility. So they have the best chances to get the attention they crave.

You don’t though, because you don’t really have anything to prove. As it should be.

I think you enjoy Void Elves and want to see them get more Void customization. I support it. I don’t really know your take the high elf customization, but it’s fine to not care for it.

I mostly find it weird how oppressive some people are trying to be with customization options in a video game, scrutinizing every piece of art/suggestion. When I play the game I don’t stare at my character, it’s just something nice to see then and again and knowing it exists is a good feeling. But tbh some people act like it’s all they have to wake up everyday or something. Which clearly isn’t true, just comes across that way at times.

6 Likes

You know what it is interesting, we really see this happen in real time and the same people preaching about being on topic supporting this really rather non constructive comment that serves no purpose other than seeming to enjoy relaying the tale of what they see as antis disagreeing.

What is the reason for this think piece you just wrote?

And would anyone mind explaining how this random article on specific forum posters is okay but earlier it was

3 Likes

Sara mentioned not going into other threads to tell people to roll this or roll that. And Kirela mentioned about how people go into threads just to argue.

My sharing was to show them and others that they don’t have to do that, because the posters in those threads already do it amongst themselves.

5 Likes

Your post was a moot point neither BE options nor VE options are pre existing playable races on the opposing faction.

So the situations don’t occurs for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think there is a set in the Darkmoon Fair, but it has been a long time for me too.

1 Like

So you agree there was a point. Moot, but a point.

2 Likes

Still wish they’d answer the question.

Best if they put something in game to clear it up. Show us how new ones are made, be it Alleria’s path or a ritual or both, and have them come out of it with a smattering of randomized options to make it so all options are canon without question.

(And add in the new ones they add over time so we don’t have to dither further.)

Fair enough.

Whats the thing everyone keeps telling me though… “they did it first”?

I’d rather just mute the ones who I don’t want to deal with and continue with what I want to see.

People change over time and sometimes change their opinions too.

Just gonna point out again I asked them to not argue in those threads… Not sure how anyone got anything else out of what I said. lol

I think you’ve gotten closest so far and only miss the mark in the not knowing where I stand on the helf stuff.

I appreciate that.

While such things may not be all that important to you, it is to some others.

We all have different wants and desires for this game and our general lives. Some folk really are bothered by the idea of Blood Elves losing their distinct look. Or the dismissal of the story that got them where they are now.

Folk don’t have to agree, but I personally think its worth trying to understand.

I get that there is bad blood on both sides here. It just seems less effective to me to contribute it right back on the whole.

Whatever side.

…Darnit… now I have to go check. lol

Would be a good fit for Jesri my Velf warrior. (not going for a Voidadin I just like that armor a lot. lol)

Forgot actually that you had that toon. Think thats where I got the idea for Jesri.

Misread that as “moo”

4 Likes

This isn’t an echo chamber and you’re not entitled to support, continued requests for poaching the BE visual theme has push back, and rightfully so because it conflicts with the valid request of keeping visual distinction in place.

Blood Elves are High Elves and are Horde, you have confirmed RP tools to the extent they exist which is pretty close, you can always wear a helmet or be bald.

3 Likes