Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

What he said they are not recruiting, which is in the quote you linked several times. But they ate not going to stop them from studying the void.

So with you here.

Never liked the belf oneā€¦

ā€¦

Can we get a new belf one too?

OK honestly this made me laugh.

Iā€™m gonna say Leinadh has actually shown plenty of interest in the void aspects of void elves which is more than I can say for many helf-pros who claim such.

Hope thatā€™s the model we get for Krokul when they become playable.

Not really based in the voidā€¦

If they were to get druid, which would be rather unlikely probably, Iā€™d think itā€™d probably be based more in the emerald nightmare.

1 Like

Oooo I really want black hair ;-;

1 Like

Although I think this type of thing is super shady at least we will always know when itā€™s really you because like me, you never try to hide that you are you. :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Pretty sure making a character with the aim of impersonating another player is a form of trolling, also doesnā€™t look good on the HE community inflating likes / bragging about their like count when its suspicious at best.

4 Likes

The Drust pull their druidic power from the Rift of Alm which is the Emerald Nightmare. So still void.

2 Likes

Not doubting but do you have the source for that one?

Just curious.

As the war went on, the desperate Drust called onto dark powers. Unbeknownst to them, they had reached the Emerald Nightmare.[4] Their fallen warriors would find refuge in Thros, an offshoot of the Nightmare which they named differently as they were not aware of what the Nightmare was.[4]

Trying to find the specific text that relates the Blighted Lands to the Rift of Aln. However it does say the Nightmare, just not a specific point in the quote I posted above. Iā€™ll keep looking for the Rift and Thros link.

2 Likes

Ohhh yess! I would love Velf druids! Thatā€™s a great way to tie in the class!

2 Likes

Which that would be cool giving that fact that the Emerald Nightmare is like connected to the Void.

1 Like

This is an odd thing to announce, moderation decisions arenā€™t meant to be discussed posts being restored happens to me all the time but I am secure enough in my postings I donā€™t need to feel validated by talking about it, and Iā€™m unsure if it is even appropriate

3 Likes

I appreciate that.

I missed it when I last looked here.

Thank you.

Yeah. Thats what I was pointing out above when I first mentioned it.

1 Like

Especially since I wonder if they did get a post restored, or this is just them pretending doing the editing thing that unflags a post was Blizzardā€™s doing. That poster has a habit of doing that.

9 Likes

Fen, for the sake of our cordial relationship, letā€™s agree to disagree and leave it there. We clearly wonā€™t convince each other, and thatā€™s fine.

I would like you to understand, though, why we say Danuserā€™s statement isnā€™t vague at all.

In order to do that, Iā€™m going to analyze from a linguistic perspective Danuserā€™s words.

ā€œTheyā€ = Void Elves. Danuser is asked about the population of the Void Elf race, and how they can grow in numbers.

Danuser answers to that:

ā€œTheyā€ = Void Elves. Void Elves start out as a small group. The verb ā€œto start outā€ conveys the meaning that their status in terms of population numbers is not the same as it was when it started. That is, there are more or less Void Elves than at the beginning. Considering the context, where heā€™s asked about an increasing population of Void Elves, Danuser is saying that there are more Void Elves now than before. In other words, there are new Void Elves, different from those who were converted in the Void transformation ritual.

He proceeds to explain where these new Void Elves come from. Itā€™s new Blood/High Elves interested in harnessing the Void, searching for ways of undergoing a similar transformation process. Basically, heā€™s describing the wayfarers and scholars at Telogrus.

This bit is also interesting because he considers these elves as new Void Elves, even though he doesnā€™t specify whether theyā€™ve been subjected themselves to a Void transformation ritual or not. Why do I say this? Again, he starts saying that Void Elves are growing in numbers, with what kind of elves? Any elf interested in the Void. Ergo, Void Elf is just a social name tag that groups up any Thalassian elf who harnesses the Void and is interested in being infused with the Void somehow. It is not a racial name exclusively reserved to that extremely restrictive group of Umbricā€™s Magisters transformed by the Void.

He ends up clarifying that Void Elves arenā€™t actively searching for elves and asking them to join their ranks. Instead, theyā€™re open to those who voluntarily and on their own initiative go to Telogrus to learn about the Void and turn into a Void Elf.

His answer is clear, and is established canon lore. The only part of his speech we could argue is vague is the new process by which these new elves could turn into Void Elves. To me, itā€™s clear thatā€™s something devs obviously havenā€™t decided yet, and will likely tell us in a future. But not knowing the details of this process can in no way be interpreted as ā€œthere are no new Void Elvesā€, especially when Danuser specifically said they started out as a small group = are growing in number.

As much as Iā€™d like Void Elf Druidsā€¦ I donā€™t think thatā€™s the best argument for them? Isnā€™t Drust druidism based on Nature-Death magic?

7 Likes

That is not what he is saying, at all. They are open to let people study the void. Umbric even says in game he does not want ppl to go through the torment he had to go through.

You made all this up yourself out of an extremely vaguely worded ā€œA wizard did itā€ non-answer to an inconvenient question.

6 Likes

I think it would be more effective to create a blizzard ticket reporting impersonation then to continue to drum up more drama. I do think it is against the ToS.

1 Like

OPs that like their own posts etc are often commented on by forum goers in a plethora of threads if it happens

Like this one had the same issue, but I agree with your advice :hugs:

1 Like

Lol, wow, itā€™s all starting to make sense now thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna say about that.

1 Like

This is actually yikes.

5 Likes