Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Seriously, though, as soon as I get home.

Glasses.

3 Likes

i mean i think its safe to say thats a fact. if blood elves didnt get their blue eyes back, void elves would still only be blue. their spam and gaslighting was successful in securing that ill admit

if they give them a couple natural hair colors and ruin the void aesthetic what are they gonna give blood elves? void elf hair and skin tones? thats why they push for giving blood elves what amount to sub race options. if blood elves can have a full subrace in their kit so too can void elves with their pure blood elf option. it sounds as ridiculous as maghar orcs getting green skin or any AR getting an option to be identical to the core race its based off of

and ofc the delusion that SC are a militant faction of the alliance and not the kirin tor was shot down by development themselves

game director speaking on behalf of the dev team for why they didnt do ‘high elves’ in 2018

There’s a couple… We just met Alleria again… But they’re not out there in the same way

so theres only a couple alliance high elves. unless the SC constitutes a couple elves, which is possible imo(they may have all perished during legion as they have no presence in dalaran), they are not part of the alliance. and even if they were alliance and only a couple elves they arent out there in the same way as alleria and the voids

When we add an Allied Race, there’s a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent. And so, the Void Elf angle, as it tied into the story of Argus, the powers of Alleria awakened and was able to train others to harness, was able to give something that felt a bit like a Blood Elf but had a unique flavor of its own to the Alliance

void elves are still a unique flavor. close, but not a clone. the only way to keep it that way is if voids stick to cold, dark tainted hair colors and blood elves retain their warm light natural hair colors :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I am immediately annoyed to find out that I need to unlock the glasses per character (because some doof just bought them all on her demon hunter because he was next to a barber) and with the way they look on worgen females.

OH WELL. Still fun.

BEHOLD.

…My undead hunter was parked somewhere inconvenient.

I suppose I could put an elf in glasses to be on topic.

1 Like

That does come up an awful lot…

Not a fan of Tolkiens version myself…

I prefer the Tolkien dwarves.

Elves are boring.

Which ought to come as a huge surprise to everyone, I’m sure.

1 Like

Weird out of context quoting me. But regardless, the customizations are what they are because people simply want more options for whatever their reasons may be and it doesn’t need to be any more than that. Doesn’t need to ‘follow lore’ at all. Take dark skin thalassians, never ever portrayed in game/books/comics that way - doesn’t matter if they weren’t, the options are there now and the game is better off for having them since it allows players to look how they wish and play out the fantasy they want.

Obviously some ideas are more popular than others, and those are the ones that Blizzard is gonna spend time implementing.

Not really sure how many different ways Blizzard has to state ‘they’re so you can represent the fantasy you want to play out in-game how you want.’

6 Likes

That’s actually wrong, there was at least one in a book I believe.

2 Likes

Devi, who is actually a dragon, but still counts.

Also this is still Sledge, but I wanted to share how upsetting the glasses look on worgen.

1 Like

Ok 99.99% of the race, my bad there. But the point is the options don’t have to be ‘lore heavy’ to be added. Some are sure, but some aren’t. Some are simply added for variety. Nightborne with black/blonde hair is an example, it’s there when they weren’t depicted with them in the game.

1 Like

But still, they aren’t being added to the game, the assets to play those appearances have been around for over a decade (or last expansion for the extra tones) it’s just spreading it out unnecessarily, we had the elves for a normal skin tone elf, and for a little bit we had the cool outsider elves as well.

Both elves still exist though. And normal hair and skin doesn’t make them less void.

Sorry not sure what you’re speaking about here what ‘they’, what assets have been around for over a decade. I was merely at first saying Mag quoted me out of context for some point I wasn’t a part of.

1 Like

Also if ‘1 example is enough’ like with Devi. Then there’s multiple High Elf Sorceresses walking alongside Void Elves with brown hair color. Elsharin, the High Elf mage trainer in SW that people like to meme about has blonde hair. So we have examples of Alliance High Elves part of the Alliance only having those hair color options.

3 Likes

She absolutely is not.

She is the apprentice to a dragon. But she is an elf.

1 Like

Huh. I guess I was confused about that.

Still counts, though!

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean they have to have them playable. You aren’t the only people who deserve to be listened too. But I mean, the lack of empathy for people who want to keep uniqueness around isn’t any sort of surprise.

The blood elf assets. The stuff you’re begging to be copied, it’s always been there, you don’t need it on the alliance to play that. And I think the elf swap was one of the laziest moves they never should have made.

1 Like

Probably because to some the desire for uniqueness is silly. Entropic Embrace would stay, ensuring uniqueness during combat. Outside of combat, uniqueness can already be dismantled. Not everyone would use the options as well, so there’s that too. If you wanted uniqueness, you shouldn’t have picked a race that both factions have a claim to.

2 Likes

I’d prefer something akin to the assets I posted the other day or Alliance derivatives than a straight up copy and paste from Blood Elves.

Something befitting of both Void Elf and High Elf themes simultaneously as well as respecting visual distinction to a reasonable degree :hugs:

9 Likes

That’s your view. In my view this whole massive desire to play something that’s already completely available but ignoring their story to play a blander version is silly.

1 Like