Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

The statements made by the Lead Narrative Designer (Danuser) and Game Director (Hozzikostas) ought to hold more than enough weight on their own, but since I see that isn’t the case for you… I’d suggest that you simply create a Void Elf and just waltz around Telogrus Rift, you’ll find all the implicative elements you need.

I’m of the same opinion.

It would be infinitely wiser for Blizzard to double-down on the VE’s having an aesthetic that is predominantly cool colors, and the BE’s having an aesthetic that is predominantly warm colors… introducing yellows/oranges/reds just muddies the water more than it already is, for something that an extremely small minority of people are going to gain enjoyment from.

I’d prefer black, dark gray, and if you need a colorful option… dark brown.

4 Likes

We need them in the actual lore.

Danuser effectively dodged the question. We have no more information from him than we did when we used our own damned eyes.

I want Blizzard to update the Telogrus Rift… well with a lot of things, but one of the main things is I want them to show the Void Elves using a new setup to make more Void Elves.

Basically a combination of a refined Alleria’s path and bits of the ritual that made Umbric’s group into the first Void Elves.

Have the end result where the Wayfarers and Scholars undergoing the ritual come out of it with randomized customizations from the pool of player options.

Everything would be clear on how we’re made and whats going on with those Wayfarers and Scholars. No more questions and easy for any new player to see and get into the race a bit more.

6 Likes

That was my thinking as well. But, we’ve moved on from that not.

1 Like

Is this confirmed? I looked on wowhead and didn’t see it but I’m also tired.

1 Like

one of the statements used the term tentacle free

1 Like

Yes it is confirmed!

3 Likes

That would definitely make some of the hairstyles nicer. Still greasy 😵‍💫

2 Likes

I saw it now. Thanks! Needed caffeine :woozy_face::sweat:

3 Likes

I’m still hopeful that eventually that option will also add tentacles to the styles that don’t have them.

4 Likes

was just answering there with the exact words, could mean they do it as new hairstyle options rather than a separate tentacles on/off

1 Like

Well I hope it ends up a toggle like the Night Elf hair vines. That way it could be expanded for more options such as replacing the tentacles with more hair, braids, or adding tentacles to any style that doesn’t have them, and maybe even let us color the tentacle glow!

From what Talendrion has said, the tentacles can already be toggled off in model editors, its just that the player UI doesn’t give us that option right now. So i guess it will end up being what’s easier for the devs to implement. Giving us a UI switch like the Night Elf hair vines, or copy/pasting the tentacle styles without the tentacles toggled on.

11 Likes

I’m sure it all depends on which way is less work since it’s after the fact. Like I said, that time I was just using the terms the blue used.

2 Likes

Its just a tentacle remover it seems.

Hoping its a toggle in implementation.

1 Like

It’s more so that it’s not hard to separate that kind of geometry; it’s how when they separated the NE and Human mustaches and beards, it’s just pieces you can separate.

One of the next expansions will revolve around Turalyion (or how he is called) and Yrel. Both characters have been teased breaking bad.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I know it’s not customization and it’s just more of a problem I have with the bigger picture, but I wish Void Elves, and most races, had more access to classes. I know a Void Elf paladin would make zero sense in lore, but damn if elf paladin isn’t a great look.

I’d settle for even night elf paladin, really. I guess there’s not much more customization I want for Void Elves that wouldn’t involve customization for the entirety of the races, basic stuff that wouldn’t be specific to just the Void Elves. What else do you want for Void Elves? I’m out of ideas at this point.

All that’s left for me to ask for in regards to High Elf customization is black, white, and brown hair colors. :man_shrugging:

For void-themed customization, I’d like:

• The tentacle toggle to be able to add tentacles to styles that don’t have them.
  • The option to change the color of the tentacle glow so I can match it to my eye color.
  • A glyph or barber option to make Entropic Embrace look like Alleria’s (darker and with luminescent purple tinged white hair).
  • The Entropic Embrace skin and hair textures added to the regular selection so people can appear to be in void form all the time.
  • The wings from the heritage armor made into a barber option.
  • “Star-cursed” hair animated similar to the heritage wings.
  • An option to recolor my spells similar to the blue-black void spells that NPC’s use.
  • A “void-scarred” skin option similar to the “fel-scarred” skin options that Demon Hunters have. Something like this:

(forgive the slapdash photoshop)

I mean there’s also basic things like scars, tattoos, new faces, new face shapes, new hairstyles & facial hair options (ideally not copied from Blood Elves), but those are things I’d ask for any race to get.

9 Likes

I personally would like to see this myself. Besides, people can disregard a void elf paladin ICly, but they wouldn’t disregard it in gameplay or if you identify yourself as high elf.

2 Likes

Turalyon is less of a villain but I can see Yrel becoming a problem, and that we will see some parts of Velen in our timeline trying to convince Yrel to stop becoming too zealous.