Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

This is an odd thing to announce, moderation decisions aren’t meant to be discussed posts being restored happens to me all the time but I am secure enough in my postings I don’t need to feel validated by talking about it, and I’m unsure if it is even appropriate

3 Likes

I appreciate that.

I missed it when I last looked here.

Thank you.

Yeah. Thats what I was pointing out above when I first mentioned it.

1 Like

Especially since I wonder if they did get a post restored, or this is just them pretending doing the editing thing that unflags a post was Blizzard’s doing. That poster has a habit of doing that.

9 Likes

Fen, for the sake of our cordial relationship, let’s agree to disagree and leave it there. We clearly won’t convince each other, and that’s fine.

I would like you to understand, though, why we say Danuser’s statement isn’t vague at all.

In order to do that, I’m going to analyze from a linguistic perspective Danuser’s words.

“They” = Void Elves. Danuser is asked about the population of the Void Elf race, and how they can grow in numbers.

Danuser answers to that:

“They” = Void Elves. Void Elves start out as a small group. The verb “to start out” conveys the meaning that their status in terms of population numbers is not the same as it was when it started. That is, there are more or less Void Elves than at the beginning. Considering the context, where he’s asked about an increasing population of Void Elves, Danuser is saying that there are more Void Elves now than before. In other words, there are new Void Elves, different from those who were converted in the Void transformation ritual.

He proceeds to explain where these new Void Elves come from. It’s new Blood/High Elves interested in harnessing the Void, searching for ways of undergoing a similar transformation process. Basically, he’s describing the wayfarers and scholars at Telogrus.

This bit is also interesting because he considers these elves as new Void Elves, even though he doesn’t specify whether they’ve been subjected themselves to a Void transformation ritual or not. Why do I say this? Again, he starts saying that Void Elves are growing in numbers, with what kind of elves? Any elf interested in the Void. Ergo, Void Elf is just a social name tag that groups up any Thalassian elf who harnesses the Void and is interested in being infused with the Void somehow. It is not a racial name exclusively reserved to that extremely restrictive group of Umbric’s Magisters transformed by the Void.

He ends up clarifying that Void Elves aren’t actively searching for elves and asking them to join their ranks. Instead, they’re open to those who voluntarily and on their own initiative go to Telogrus to learn about the Void and turn into a Void Elf.

His answer is clear, and is established canon lore. The only part of his speech we could argue is vague is the new process by which these new elves could turn into Void Elves. To me, it’s clear that’s something devs obviously haven’t decided yet, and will likely tell us in a future. But not knowing the details of this process can in no way be interpreted as “there are no new Void Elves”, especially when Danuser specifically said they started out as a small group = are growing in number.

As much as I’d like Void Elf Druids… I don’t think that’s the best argument for them? Isn’t Drust druidism based on Nature-Death magic?

7 Likes

That is not what he is saying, at all. They are open to let people study the void. Umbric even says in game he does not want ppl to go through the torment he had to go through.

You made all this up yourself out of an extremely vaguely worded “A wizard did it” non-answer to an inconvenient question.

6 Likes

I think it would be more effective to create a blizzard ticket reporting impersonation then to continue to drum up more drama. I do think it is against the ToS.

1 Like

OPs that like their own posts etc are often commented on by forum goers in a plethora of threads if it happens

Like this one had the same issue, but I agree with your advice :hugs:

1 Like

Lol, wow, it’s all starting to make sense now that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

1 Like

This is actually yikes.

5 Likes

I mean it is, but given the void elves innate void energies they would be the best to perhaps be the Guardians of the Nightmare. They’ve learned to silence the voices of the void and control it. So they would be the ones to harness some of its power and keep it in check from the rest of the Dream and corrupting nature.

4 Likes

A bit unrelated, but I kind of wish there where some Druids of the Flame still around as characters.

Also, the forums are freaking out. Yay…

6 Likes

Servers are up should calm down now, be prepared though because the forums are gonna get hit with people mad about the raid cinematic.

3 Likes

I forgot that was today…

We’re doomed!

1 Like

I like this idea. :hugs:

2 Likes

I’d like to hear more ideas on VE possible druid ideas. Maybe they can into nocturnal animals or creatures that don’t appear in sun light?

3 Likes

There’s quite a bit of creatures that could be used from Argus. I don’t personally agree with the idea of void elf druids but always enjoy brainstorming for fun.

I always thought the cat creatures from Argus were really cool, so that could be cat form.

Not sure about bear form, maybe just a warp stalker?

4 Likes

Those are ideas, but nah, cat form is alittle too used by all the druids, and warp stalkers don’t scream bears to me.

I’m gonna have to ponder on this a bit.

Their aquatic forum must be an octopus. That’s a must, clearly. :octopus:

Their flying form could be a Dark Phoenix.

Their cat form… mmm, perhaps something like Void Hounds https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/5/5a/Void_terror.png/revision/latest?cb=20091022020317

Their bear form. Personally I’d like something like a Voidwalker xD Can you imagine?

3 Likes

Voidwalker bear form would kill my dreams of warlock void tank spec D:

1 Like