Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Void Elves are also part of that story, and they too are High Elves.

3 Likes

You forget that all important Free T-shirt Day npc.

Like I’ve said before, trying to gatekeep all shades of a brown/blonde is silly when 21/22 races currently have them. Not sure how much people arguing that believe it will hold up when AR get their customization and Void Elves get their update.

I am happy, asking for more doesn’t mean I’m not. People don’t only ask for things when they’re unhappy or something lol, people always want more. People are still asking for more customizations on Humans/Night Elves/Blood Elves, the races that already have the most options.

Nice, should reverse a lot of the horde favoritism they’ve been doing for years! /s

4 Likes

Lol, too funny. :joy: :joy: :joy:

It seems all irrelevant NPC’s always come into play when it’s convenient to them, they just tend to hone in on the Mage NPC’s which is why people like Mag point that out.

1 Like

Blizzard is choosing to use high elf NPCs where they could be using NPCs of an actual, playable race.

2 Likes

Imgur

Indeed! I actually posted it in Fens Void Elf thread, along with some concept art I found for Neon tattoos for Void Elves;

4 Likes

yea 6 since the game launched in 2004 that also canonically get mistaken for blood elves because of their elusive, almost mythic, status

^-^

Assuming that’s right, that’s still real estate they chose to fill up with a randomly generated high elf NPC instead of a gnome.

They do that with lots of NPC’s that doesn’t mean every race, class, etc. needs to be playable.

Especially when they are already playable on the opposing faction as a Core Race.

GURL.

You know I think every race needs to be playable.

…Less so with classes, but that’s just my personal tastes.

And like has been mentioned endless times before, that’s a dishonest take because it skips over the whole fact that it’s the last thing keeping void elves from being the only race not introduced as neutral that can look practically identical to an opposite faction race.

And we can’t always get what we want. Look at those of us who don’t like this game design decision.

You mean the thing alliance made up when Cata hit and the game wasn’t predominantly centered around them any more?

2 Likes

I’m the opposite, I think only certain races should be playable or become playable if they ever do and if something is already on one faction it doesn’t need to be on both it’s bad enough Pandaren are the same on both sides and even in game actually because I never really cared for them.

As for classes I’m neither here or there on that, class combos like Draenei Warlock I do support though, Worgen and Goblin Monk, Blood Elf Druid, Night Elf Paladin, etc.

I think monks should be baseline. It’s beyond ridiculous that a race introduced by T’PAAARTOS and whose most active NPC was arguably Blademaster Telamon doesn’t have monks.

And that worgen have to use weapons to attack their enemies when the unarmed monk mog is right there… And goblins just deserve good things.

I also think the monk fantasy should be at least as expansive as the paladin one, though.

4 Likes

Once again I agree except for Zandalari, I hate that they gave Zandalari Monks instead of Warlocks when they took Warlocks for Paladins because really as if Pandaren would teach them how to be Monks after what happened and what they did in Mists storylines but we got stuck with them anyway. Haha.

1 Like

I think monks are my second most played after warriors so… Uh. I may be biased.

But seriously, if Nightborne and Void elf monks work with their extremely short window of exposure to the rest of Azeroth and the constant interrupting whispers respectively, ALL BETS SHOULD BE OFF THE TABLE.

Lol, I am about Warlocks but really I don’t think Pandaren would teach Zandalari due to Blizzards own WoW lore but we got them anyway which really does still bug me, it’s up there with other class/race combos like Void Elf Paladin that people want that makes and would make zero sense.

More like a group of people does not want other people to have a toy that looks similar to theirs.

9 Likes

This is a dishonest take. I cannot make my Void Elf/High Elf ever look like all these different kinds of Blood Elves here:

https://media.altchar.com/prod/images/940_530/gm-d2e2ba0d-922c-4781-aa4f-150820243ea9-elves.JPG

Having blonde/brown colored hair isn’t going to take away all the unique looks available to only Blood Elves like their eye colors, jewelry, hairstyles. Doesn’t take away that they have Paladins and Demon Hunters available to them.

That you and a few others personally consider a couple specific hair color options to be the last thing keeping Blood Elves unique does not make it true/factual considering all the uniques I listed and that picture shows.

If you want to make a similar looking VE/HE to BE it seems Blizzard does not agree since they already gave the skin tones (which were far more ‘unique’ before), and I don’t agree either. Yeah you can post that regurgitated comparison photo, so what? Doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty of unique looks for Blood Elves available (as demonstrated).

You’re right, we can’t always get what we want. But I’m 2/2 for my requests I’ve made on the forums previously. So I think I’m getting what I want fairly well so far :man_shrugging: and not sorry to the people wanting to limit customization options and aren’t getting their way.

6 Likes

So in this very quote, in the story your a ironforge dwarf, in head cannon your not. OK!

This is why I beleive that BE needs more customizations that reflect their culture (fastrider tats, magister-like tats) while leaving VE out of those options.

1 Like

Good God…

Did you honestly just dig up posts that have absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic to make that person look bad? What is this, the Twitter Inquisition?

I’ve been watching these threads for awhile now and… yikes. So much for all that “arguing in good faith” that keeps getting repeated. I wish more people could see this. It reflects far more on you than it does them.

11 Likes