Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Assuming they do more customizations, and I see no reason they wouldn’t, I imagine we’d eventually see more done.

Or maybe better to say hope…

It would be rather frustrating to only ever get high elf options for a race dedicated to exploring the void…

7 Likes

As someone with both a High Elf (Void Elf) Hunter and a Void Elf Priest that stayed Voidy, I approve of this thread!

5 Likes

What they need is a whole expansion expanded to them, the lore is paper thin and I’m curious to see if they ever bring some cool takes to the customization.

4 Likes

I could see it about 11.0 or 12.0, though seeing as 8.3 was an entire Old god patch and SHOULD have had major VE involvement and didn’t even though they were most relevant to the actual plot of Void corruption… I have no faith in this possibility…

1 Like

8.3 was cut of most of its content. They just wanted out of the expansion.

Likelihood is they had plenty in store then but it was deemed unnecessary.

2 Likes

Seems like this keeps happening.
I’d like to see them stop cutting things.

3 Likes

Every expansion seems to have some cut content but the last few have had their last sections cut short to meet the next deadlines for expansions it seems…

Wish they’d spend the time and money to actually make it all the way through.

Exactly. I’d rather see the content.
Especially where there’s often a pretty large drought between expansions anyway.

1 Like

Honestly friends. What is going to happen when WoW finally reaches its end and no more expacs come out? :frowning:

Well as long as we get more Void elf stuff along with a few more classes for both VEs and NB I shall continue playing until I’ve milked whatever content I have interest in completely dry :joy:

Or I somehow manage to find another game or hobby I equally enjoy. :eyes:

2 Likes

Red eyes plz.

1 Like

The expansion cycle Activision Blizzard forces on wow is at least in part why it’s story has gone downhill and become more focused.

They’ve lost much of their ability to tell various and varied stories in the face of expansion deadlines.

They really need to consider letting go the requirement that they throw out a new expansion every 2 years.

Assuming they recover from what’s going on in RL for them I doubt we’re looking at an end anytime soon.

Plus there’s always the wow2 route.

I hope we get more void Elf lore and our home built out.

I can take or leave new classes personally. I’m good with what we have but not really against any of them if done right. (that said I’ll never like Dark Shaman, or light based paladins. Void modified versions are fine… Or non void in shaman case.)

So far I’m not gone from wow… But honestly getting kinda close…

5 Likes

Sorry for double post but I wanted to say Happy Winter’s Veil to everyone and I hope you have a good holiday.

Keep up hope not just for what you want to see for void elves but for ARs and other race customization you want to see as well as for wow in general.

:purple_heart: :octopus:

13 Likes

Well, I don’t see any reason either, but who knows. We’ll just have to wait and see

I like the High Elf options, and I do want to see more, but if Blizzard can customize with the Void Elves to only be copy and paste to the High Elf options, than surely they can do that with the Void options too :woman_shrugging:

Patch 8.3 could’ve been a great patch to further expand the lore of the Void Elves. But instead, nope, Void Elves got almost nothing in BfA, let alone a short tell-tale in Legion.

5 Likes

People will go play other games.

It could happen. But Activision would have to look at the demand for the product and decide not to fill it.

People can talk about the controversy, but the population has been pretty solid. I only know one person who doesn’t play anymore because of it?

Other games aren’t offering the Mythic+ experience. So here I am. I’ve played all the other MMO’s, but Warcraft’s still just got fun mechanics.

1 Like

I’ve lost many friends to Blizzard failing to meet even the barest of needs of its playerbase.

Its a problem to be sure, but ultimately I think you’re right that there will be that group who continues no matter what.

GW2 has something similar actually in Fractals. And honestly WoW could be doing their Mythic plus a lot better I think.

Not saying its bad though. I think its a nice thing to have.

2 Likes

Oho! Do I have some nice stuff tonight!

Lance and Somand were kind enough to put some things together for me. Wonderful amazing things!

So a long while I’ve been scouring the internet looking for a voidified or Starcursed Hippogryph and I have turned up nothing.

Today that is no longer the case.

Thanks to Lance I can now put up a visualization mock up of a Starcursed Hippogryph just as beautiful and magnificent as the Starcursed Dragonhawk and Hawkstrider!

Behold!

I absolutely love it. The horns having a smokey effect to them yet still looking solid and the starcursed effects to the purple eyes and the armor. Its perfect in every way. (To me at least)

Meanwhile Somand was amazing as well and worked out two showings of what the Bald option for Void Elves could look like with a tentacle toggle applied (to give us tentacles).

I admit this is… lets say something I personally enjoy as my character is bald and I kinda like it that way, but I wish I had tentacle options.

Both of these are amazing and I think should be added to the list of things we need Blizzard to provide!

Amazing work Lance and Somand truly! Thank you both.

I’ll be amending the main post throughout the week (time allotting…) to finally begin filling in what I’ve not yet added and to make sure these show up as well.

20 Likes

It all looks so good. I love the hippogryph. I’d like to see more voidy mounts in game :octopus:

2 Likes

Aye.

The hippogryph I think is good because it can be a call back for players who want their Void Elf to originate with the High Elves of the Silver Covenant or wherever else.

Gives us more RP options and looks amazing.

And given that the Hawkstriders were corrupted and I suspect they’re not shy about corrupting others, I can see the Void Elves making more Starcursed mounts to use. Tying them to their power gives them useful mounts that wont shy away from their Void antics.

3 Likes

I recently played a different Server where it had Classic WoW Elements but it was more of supported warcraft 3 lore with playable goblins and High Elves and in Stormwind you get to see the High Elves in their own district on the Alliance side and it makes me wonder why didn’t Blizzard just give the Void Elves little more of a exile experience with the surviving high elves from the Scourge War or atleast exiled High Elves that were booted from the Blood Elves going into ether the Void Islands or atleast somewhere in loch Modan or Hinterlands with the Highvale area with a short starting zone with some quests and experience and boom your out into the world. It’s the same thing with the Allied Races too with the Kul’tirans, Dark Irons, and etc.

It would be nice to see High Elves from the Silver Covenant and all together and join the Alliance once and for all along with the Void Elves and have them have a little district of their own in Stormwind like what the team behind the Classic WoW Server did with Mysteries of Azeroth kind of deal. That way the Players who roleplay or just play void elves can have something more of a comfort and little bit of love for the Alliance along with ether surviving returning high elf characters from warcraft 3 and 2 or atleast with new ones from the Void Elves in a way.

4 Likes

Personally for me I think the Void Elves are in a good Place but it needs to be made to actually look like it could.

Their home is the perfect place for them, Blizzard just didn’t put much into it.

Far as High Elves living in Stormwind, I don’t know that enough of them would have been there to make their own district. I do think they should be represented with more members within at least the mages district. I’m also not adverse to the idea of the SC having a litle entourage in the SW keep keeping ties to the Alliance. I think that would be neat. (Thats all my personal opinion for the most part)

At this point though with Exiles reach I’ve kinda given up on the idea of any new “starting zones”. Still want to see some of the AR cities buffed and some older cities buffed but I don’t think Blizzard has any intention of making new start zones, since Exiles Reach was meant to give us the control over our characters background. (That said it not applying to AR’s is annoying. We should have the choice I think.)

I love the idea of the SC leaving Dalaran and joining the Alliance in full, but I don’t think they will unless they… do something bad enough to get kicked out. Dalaran is their home after all.

That said, them still making a big show of giving their full support for the Alliance would be welcome and an interesting political story as they get some flak from the rest of Dalaran. Could even see the Sunreavers get involved now that they’re back with Dalaran too. I think it could be used to further that story and probably make a fair amount of people happy.

I don’t expect the SC to be entirely accepting of the Void Elves and to even have some disdain for them. They’re basically Blood Elves who went into an even more despised type of magic. Alleria and Vereesa are not going to be enough for many of them to change their minds about that.

I’d also like the see the Highvale elves do something similar. Perhaps have them send a representative to SW to make it clear where they stand.

And finally and always, I want to see the Void Elves have NPCs telling and showing us how they’re trained made and that they can come out with any of the customizations we have (or will have in the future).

I don’t know just my thoughts.

3 Likes