Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I’ve lost many friends to Blizzard failing to meet even the barest of needs of its playerbase.

Its a problem to be sure, but ultimately I think you’re right that there will be that group who continues no matter what.

GW2 has something similar actually in Fractals. And honestly WoW could be doing their Mythic plus a lot better I think.

Not saying its bad though. I think its a nice thing to have.

2 Likes

Oho! Do I have some nice stuff tonight!

Lance and Somand were kind enough to put some things together for me. Wonderful amazing things!

So a long while I’ve been scouring the internet looking for a voidified or Starcursed Hippogryph and I have turned up nothing.

Today that is no longer the case.

Thanks to Lance I can now put up a visualization mock up of a Starcursed Hippogryph just as beautiful and magnificent as the Starcursed Dragonhawk and Hawkstrider!

Behold!

I absolutely love it. The horns having a smokey effect to them yet still looking solid and the starcursed effects to the purple eyes and the armor. Its perfect in every way. (To me at least)

Meanwhile Somand was amazing as well and worked out two showings of what the Bald option for Void Elves could look like with a tentacle toggle applied (to give us tentacles).

I admit this is… lets say something I personally enjoy as my character is bald and I kinda like it that way, but I wish I had tentacle options.

Both of these are amazing and I think should be added to the list of things we need Blizzard to provide!

Amazing work Lance and Somand truly! Thank you both.

I’ll be amending the main post throughout the week (time allotting…) to finally begin filling in what I’ve not yet added and to make sure these show up as well.

20 Likes

It all looks so good. I love the hippogryph. I’d like to see more voidy mounts in game :octopus:

2 Likes

Aye.

The hippogryph I think is good because it can be a call back for players who want their Void Elf to originate with the High Elves of the Silver Covenant or wherever else.

Gives us more RP options and looks amazing.

And given that the Hawkstriders were corrupted and I suspect they’re not shy about corrupting others, I can see the Void Elves making more Starcursed mounts to use. Tying them to their power gives them useful mounts that wont shy away from their Void antics.

3 Likes

I recently played a different Server where it had Classic WoW Elements but it was more of supported warcraft 3 lore with playable goblins and High Elves and in Stormwind you get to see the High Elves in their own district on the Alliance side and it makes me wonder why didn’t Blizzard just give the Void Elves little more of a exile experience with the surviving high elves from the Scourge War or atleast exiled High Elves that were booted from the Blood Elves going into ether the Void Islands or atleast somewhere in loch Modan or Hinterlands with the Highvale area with a short starting zone with some quests and experience and boom your out into the world. It’s the same thing with the Allied Races too with the Kul’tirans, Dark Irons, and etc.

It would be nice to see High Elves from the Silver Covenant and all together and join the Alliance once and for all along with the Void Elves and have them have a little district of their own in Stormwind like what the team behind the Classic WoW Server did with Mysteries of Azeroth kind of deal. That way the Players who roleplay or just play void elves can have something more of a comfort and little bit of love for the Alliance along with ether surviving returning high elf characters from warcraft 3 and 2 or atleast with new ones from the Void Elves in a way.

4 Likes

Personally for me I think the Void Elves are in a good Place but it needs to be made to actually look like it could.

Their home is the perfect place for them, Blizzard just didn’t put much into it.

Far as High Elves living in Stormwind, I don’t know that enough of them would have been there to make their own district. I do think they should be represented with more members within at least the mages district. I’m also not adverse to the idea of the SC having a litle entourage in the SW keep keeping ties to the Alliance. I think that would be neat. (Thats all my personal opinion for the most part)

At this point though with Exiles reach I’ve kinda given up on the idea of any new “starting zones”. Still want to see some of the AR cities buffed and some older cities buffed but I don’t think Blizzard has any intention of making new start zones, since Exiles Reach was meant to give us the control over our characters background. (That said it not applying to AR’s is annoying. We should have the choice I think.)

I love the idea of the SC leaving Dalaran and joining the Alliance in full, but I don’t think they will unless they… do something bad enough to get kicked out. Dalaran is their home after all.

That said, them still making a big show of giving their full support for the Alliance would be welcome and an interesting political story as they get some flak from the rest of Dalaran. Could even see the Sunreavers get involved now that they’re back with Dalaran too. I think it could be used to further that story and probably make a fair amount of people happy.

I don’t expect the SC to be entirely accepting of the Void Elves and to even have some disdain for them. They’re basically Blood Elves who went into an even more despised type of magic. Alleria and Vereesa are not going to be enough for many of them to change their minds about that.

I’d also like the see the Highvale elves do something similar. Perhaps have them send a representative to SW to make it clear where they stand.

And finally and always, I want to see the Void Elves have NPCs telling and showing us how they’re trained made and that they can come out with any of the customizations we have (or will have in the future).

I don’t know just my thoughts.

3 Likes

I wish when idling a circle of void with wraith like hands would reach out in animation around the VE. That would be so BA. I miss the old DK death and decay. It use to have skeleton hands moving around.

1 Like

It’d be neat if they added a glyph or something for that but those sorts of idle things bug me.

My druid has one that pops up all the time and I hate it.

But the option is a neat idea as a choice.

3 Likes

Just saw this by Ace on Twitter.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/906672592189022268/926544307404546108/20211231_103509.jpg

Beautiful!

Hope they do more.

We deserve so much more than a few tents!

11 Likes

This looks good. If they remade the Mage Quarter like that. That would great to see.

1 Like

I suspect Stormwind might object to the Mage Quarter being turned into a Void Zone… lol

Plus it’d be a waste not to just update the Telogrus Rift. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still be really neat to see.

3 Likes

If we hadn’t Hakai-ed it with the reorigination forge we coulda invaded Nya’lotha… as is maybe the Alliance will pitch in for Void Elves to get their own Voidy Suramar?

1 Like

One can dream that we’ll get a wonderful city as grand as Suramar one day, but for now I’ll place my hope in a remade and updated Telogrus Rift.

With proper buildings and plenty of NPC interactions to show us how we’re made and that new Blood and High Elves are joining the ranks, learning, and becoming true Void Elves.

Hopefully with some amount of interaction with other High Elf groups too. I’d love to see the SC and the Highvale have some representatives in the Rift at the very least keeping an eye on them.

Anyways,

Happy New Years to all of you and heres to a new year full of possibilities.

Many doors are now open to us. We need only to walk through them.
:purple_heart: :octopus:

3 Likes

Honestly, that’s quite underwhelming. I was hoping for something on the scale of Silvermoon, a massive Void Elf city.

1 Like

The ~20 Void Elves really don’t need a complete city to themselves at the moment.

It’s all about that big fat ego. I assume Void Elves would want to compete with Blood Elves by building a city similar to rival the ones the Blood Elves possess.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect anything as large as Silvermoon for a few reasons.

First, Void Elves are an AR so their city isn’t going to be anything spectacular. Would I love it if it was? Sure, but being realistic about what Blizzard will do for an AR’s starting home will ensure that I’m a lot less disappointed in the long run.

Second, there aren’t that many Void Elves relatively speaking to the Blood Elves. Even with more Blood and High Elves coming to study and, I assume, join their ranks they will never be as large a population as the Blood Elves. Blizzard indicated that Blood Elves were 90% of the surviving population of all Thalassians after Silvermoon fell to the Scourge. Void Elves are a small group of Blood Elves and however many high elves have joined them. They’ll never be a huge group needing a city as grand or large as Silvermoon.

I’m less sure that they would. Umbric suggests that what he wants is to see Silvermoon return to the Alliance’s fold. I do think that the Void Elves would build up the Telogrus Rift but I doubt its a matter of ego to “match Silvermoon” and would more be a matter of practicality.

Their people need homes to live in and buildings to study in. A few tents isn’t going to be enough in the long run.

3 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! Let’s hope 2022 brings us all some more customization :grin:

4 Likes

Happy New Year everyone ! :partying_face: :tada:

I hope for this new year the void elves will receive their real new VE :purple_heart: / HE :blue_heart: customizations
(new hairstyles, new beards, new jewelry, new jewelry colors, tattoos, scars, new eye colors, blind eyes, new hair colors, hair accessories, new skin colors, eyebrow size …) like the other allied races of the Legion !

:pray: :crossed_fingers:

If SW has an HD update, it would need an elven district that groups together the VE/HE/NE. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I agree with what you are saying and the chances of the Void Elves getting a magnificent city that rivals Silvermoon is unlikely due to the lack of need for it but it is wishful thinking. Perhaps if not as big as Silvermoon, I think they do need something perhaps half of Silvermoon in size but something better than what the Void Elves already have right now which is utter trash.

2 Likes